Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-12-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
I'm doing a photomontage/love story for a good friend for their upcoming wedding. I would like to do a little something different with the photos then the traditional, cropping, zooming, moving. I came across this videographers website and was really impressed. I know he used Adobe After Effects but I don't think I could learn AE in a a short time. Was hoping someone knew of a program that would do something similar in Premiere.

Look at the third video.

http://www.ttdweddings.com/Demos.html

blew me away
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-12-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
keyframing
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-12-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
You could do that with any decent NLE, Premiere included. Throw borders around your stills and import and from there it's just a matter of creating the paths and movements.

A program like AE or Boris Red (if you know them) just make it a lot easier to keyframe it (as Joe said) and control the acceleration/paths as the images move around over the background layer (which looked like a jumpback to me).
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-12-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
keyframing....

isn't it more of a transition.

Although I guess transition is really keyframing

sounds like a Haiku

I think I was mmore impressed with the 3D aspect of it. Is that still possible with Premiere Pro or is AE needed?

(Message edited by bigdad on July 12, 2006)
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-12-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
Keyframing simplified is marking points (frames) that define how much the effect is applied at that given point so the computer can figure out how much to apply between points.

You can keyframe just about any effect and then your software does the rest. For example to keyframe simple fade (transition to/from black) you might set a keyframe at 0% opacity at the start of a clip and then say 30 frames later set another keyframe at 100%. Your NLE then does the math and ramps the opacity of the 30 frames up in between incrementally to give you a perfect fade from black to 100%. That is keyframing at it's simplest.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-12-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
To answer your second question while I'm sure Premiere has some basic 3D transitions built into it, if you look at how smooth most of the movement paths and acceleration is in that video you would have to think it was done with AE or similar. Boris may have a lowcost plugin for Premiere. I know FCP comes with some Boris 3D plugins.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-12-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
I know he did use AE. Just not sure if I can learn it quickly

I just finally got to the point where I feel comfortable with Premiere. I just hate the standard transitions you see with a lot of NLE. I see a lot of videos made with Moviemaker or Nero and think it looks cheesy. Granted the editors overuse the transitions.

Usually I use a simple fade or cross disolve. When I came across this video I thought that is a style I would like to emulate. I think Pixelpops has a plug in that may work by using photoshop.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       07-13-2006, 12:50 AM Reply   
wow, that third video was put together very well. i've always been interested in learning how to make photo videos like that, it would be good extra money as a side job.
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-13-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
That is definelty a job for AE. The method they used weren't very complex (3D layers), but if you don't know AE at all, then I would say.... Try to think of something else creative to do.