Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-03-2004, 5:44 AM Reply   
Grant, just checking to see how the install is going on Harolds SAN. You said earlier that it might be done this weekend. I might have to take a drive and hear this thing when it's done. Tom
Old    whitechocolate            05-03-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
Tom: I should be done next week. The only thing left to do is everything. Just when I think im close there is one more neon or do-hicky to install. you can see the latest stuff here http://svtsupercharged.com/gallery/Harold
I update it almost every day, Sure come down and take a listen. Im sure after 10 seconds of a song the cops will be pounding on my door saying turn it down.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-03-2004, 6:30 PM Reply   
When's the Enzo going to be done haha... j.k. I've been following the progress on your site. Love your projects and the resource.
Old    whitechocolate            05-04-2004, 6:43 AM Reply   
Mik; "ENZO WEDNESDAY"
Old    ag4ever            05-12-2004, 7:25 AM Reply   
More pictures please. :-)

I can't wait to see the final product.
Old    jordan23            05-12-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
Grant, I have been lurky on this WW and WB for years now and don't post much.... But I have got to say your work is incredible! Keep the pictures coming!
Old    whitechocolate            05-12-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
Robert I have been busy working on it the best way to see the up dates is check the website.

Last night we powerd it up for the first time. "OMG" The W-7s are slamming. It hits way harder than my boat with only 2 W-7's in it. We dont have the 3rd W-7 installed yet. We had orignally planed on facing the W-7's outwards so the bass would hit the walls of the boat. We made the box so we could turn it around and listen to it with the sub's facing it inside of the boat. Well let me just say it's about 8 DB louder with the subs turned inward (photo) so the subs face the people in the boat and not the wall. When the 3rd W-7 is installed its going to be off the chain. I was very happy with the way its sounded. We only played it for just a bit. Its way to loud to play anywhere where people live. We will have to take it somewhere to tune it

Old    tabiggs            05-12-2004, 8:23 AM Reply   
Grant - I know what you mean. I have these two 13 W7's in my bow and it is completely crazy how hard they hit. I was very satisfies they way mine sounded... You can literally feel the air coming out of the bow from these ported boxes
We also added three 10 W6's and I was really surprised have they really compliment the 13's.. I put the third one under the drivers side, sorry I didnt take a pic of that one.
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-12-2004, 9:01 AM Reply   
Grant-
Where does that box sit in the SAN??? and what are those dimensions. It looks great, and good luck finishing it

TEXAS-
what boat do you have 2 13w7s stuffed under the bow of??? That has to be a tight fit in any boat.
Old    tabiggs            05-12-2004, 9:15 AM Reply   
Gundogg -
you are correct but the boat is a little longer than most wakeboard boats. I had Three W7's in the bow last year but I redid the boxes and two W7's are plenty.. Those Bastards sure suck alot of power:-)
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-12-2004, 9:20 AM Reply   
Three W7's?! Geez! How far away can you hear that? That has to be deafening
Old    ag4ever            05-12-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
I did not want to sound pushy or pesky, I just love seeing the new pics show up on "Harold Page" on your site. It is really giving me some thoughts about how I am going to do my system.

Between harold's and the Enzo box, I am sure going crazy with ideas. I have to give you props for that.

Richard,
It looks like the box is right behind the driver's seat in front of the rear "bench" seat.

i have been thinking about making a box to go there with subs firing down into the floor, but the size of that box is sick. I guess it would make a nice step to get in and out of the boat without stepping in the seats. On the otherhand, I don't think I would want people stepping on a W7 box let alone one that has two in it.
Old    whitechocolate            05-12-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
Robert: It's all good, I was laughing. I was reading some of the comments people were saying on the Enzo. A guy (Craig Fulton) put down a post "Show Off". I hoped he was kidding but when I look back on some of my other thread's he was there talking so about me posting. It made me think I was posting to much stuff, and I dont want people to think im showing off so just check the website.

"Big Tom" your shizz is bad ass. I cant wait to come down and rock it with you this summer. You can show us all how its done. "TEXAS Style" Fo Show
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-12-2004, 10:49 AM Reply   
I agree with Robert... I think seeing the new pictures on the "Harold Page" is awesome. I can't wait to see that thing finished. I want to hear that thing in person!
Old    markb            05-12-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
Grant - Keep posting your projects. It gives the rest of us ideas. I think anyone that posts negativity about your stuff just wishes they could do it or afford to have someone else do it for them. Keep the pictures coming.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-12-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
Do any of you ride?

hahaha! JK!

Pics look good! I'd love to hear the systems above. I bet they all sound clean, w/ crisp highs and bass that hits, not booms.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-12-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
Its probably just Fulton's sense of humor, don't let one poster cramp your style Grant. I love seeing your work, keep it coming.
Old    andyvansicklen            05-12-2004, 5:09 PM Reply   
Texas, that boat is huge hows the wake, and how long is it?
Old    whitechocolate            05-13-2004, 1:32 PM Reply   

Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-13-2004, 5:54 PM Reply   
Grant,

Can you let us know how much that sign shop is charging to remake the AIR graphics for Harold's boat? Do you have the artwork that they need to cut the vinyl? I used to work for a sign shop so I want to get that same decal made, but I first need to find some decent artwork for them to use to run off of.....(I may have a line on some but won't know for a few weeks)

thx....

and I wish I could cruise up the road and see the project in person..but now it's a little longer drive!

Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-14-2004, 6:02 AM Reply   
I have had water come in my 03 san under the left rub rail, where the stock cooler sits. I ride goofy foot and when pulling a doublup the boat can chine lock. You can still steer fine, but the tracking fins stop grabbing in the turn and you can have about a gallon of water come in under that rub rail if the driver turns to sharp to the left at slow speed(15-23MPH). This could be just an issue with my boat and a slight tracking fin misalignment. Also, I don't know if the rub rail should be sealed better. I just thought I would warn you of this tendency.
ampmount
Old    ag4ever            05-14-2004, 6:29 AM Reply   
Are you sure the water came in from the rub rail? The water might be spilling out of your cooler if you use it as an ice chest. I do use it for the drinks and other stuff I want to keep cool, and therefore, we just know that anything under the gullwing seat will get wet at one point in time. i think that is one of the reasons CC decided to make the seat the cooler. The only bad thing about that is the seat is my really dry storage on the boat since if you take water over the bow, you can get water under the front seats, and that water goes into the gullwing storage, and behind the driver's kickpanel.

There is no truly dry place on a boat, you cna just try to find the least damp spot.
Old    ag4ever            05-14-2004, 6:34 AM Reply   
I too am interested in the graphics, so let me know if you don't mind. You can PM me here or a planetnautique.

Harold is going to have one pimp ride.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-14-2004, 6:59 AM Reply   
I'm sure it came from under the rub rail it has happened more than once. I was setting in the spotter’s seat one time when the driver got to slow in a left turn. This causes the left side to drop the rub rail under the water line and in comes water. It is very easy to do when you make lots of sharp left turns pulling a wakeboarder.
Old    whitechocolate            05-14-2004, 8:22 AM Reply   
Thanks for the warning. I have never heard of that before. Under the gunnals seems IMO to be the dryest place on the boat. If you have water up that high and in that location YOU HAVE PROBLEMS. I dont know what going on with your boat or how the water is comming in but it dosent sound normal. Right now I cant think of any other location to mount amps of this size.

Ahhhhhh The AIR graphics. ASTRO graphics 650 595 2229 is charging $200 for the new Air graphics That with any color combo you like, and I think its a deal. I know he's not intrested in giving away the art work, I know I wouldnt. Harold is getting a custom one made. Super flake silver base and Navy blue center. Sort of like how my Air graphics are layed out. Funny thing. Astro graphics said some one called and wanted "BLING BLING" logo with rhynstones just like my'n for there boat. He told them $1,500 for the logo, Astro said the guy said Ill call you back, Click. Hahahahahahahahhahahaahahhah
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-14-2004, 8:37 AM Reply   
Grant-
That install sure looks to be going good.
It looks like Your passenger seat W7 box is the same dimensions as mine...13 1/2 x13 1/2, but I think yours is a little deeper than mine. How deep did you end up going?

Keep up the good work, I am impressed as always
Old    whitechocolate            05-14-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
Hey Rich Im not Shure what the OD of the speaker box is but thoes measurments look close. The box is built to JL's spec
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-14-2004, 6:24 PM Reply   
That is a decent deal for the graphic as CC charges about $250 for it. Did he recreate the logo himself? I'm going to get the artwork from the local CC dealer soon for free...I just hope the files they have are good enough to recreate for a sign shop.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-17-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
I can make CC graphics or any graphics for a print shop for about $75 in labor... email me if you are interested...
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-17-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
Grant, you are sick!!! (and i mean that in a good way).

you could make a pretty sweet living just doing high end custom boat installs, and selling custom nautique gear. i know i'd buy a mirror cover, and custom ipod plug receptacle...
Old    ag4ever            05-17-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
I love the new air logos. The pop alot more than the plain flat ones. I am sure the picture does not do it justice.
Old    whitechocolate            05-17-2004, 3:51 PM Reply   
Yes Harrols new AIR graphic's came out awesome, The photo's are crappy but it looks so much better in person. I didnt get a good after photo but the superflake silver base and navy center look like it should have been on the boat the whole time. The stock graphic is lame. The white dosent match anything,not even the stock white on the boat it's 2 diffrent whites.
He had other Air graphics made to match his boat. There is a matching one on the tower box and battery boxes as well as a Nautiques logo for the pannel just above the W-7.

Harolds boat was finished on Saturday, Its slammin. We didn't get a chance to beat it hard because of the neighbors, but I can tell you from the volume we played it at it hits harder than my boat. And with the 8 batterys it has no problem keeping up with the massive power drain a big system can put on your battery's. We are going to take it out on the water this week and get it full tuned in.

BTW: Tommy thanks but seriously I dont think there are lots of people that would throw down the kind of money it takes to build a system like this. Building stuff thats custom and one off is labor intencieve, and then when you try to do it for cheep so you can sell more than 1 or 2 its even worse.

I have a pretty good Idea what it takes to build things and the costs of good's Example" I see people complaning about the cost of a set of high quality aluminum tower speakers, Im like OMG guy "go out and make a set yourself then if you can do it for cheeper" Bottom Line, YOU GOTS TO PAY THE COST'S IF YA WANTS TO BE DA BOSS. or DYI <Ha Ha LOL
Old    ag4ever            05-17-2004, 8:53 PM Reply   
I totally agree on the cost of work associated. People biatch about how much this and that costs, then somebody comes along and prduces it for half the cost by using slave labor in a third world country and then they biatch about not having a job b/c they were all outsoured to other countries because everything was "costing too much".

As the saying goes, "If ya wanna p[lay, ya gotta pay." I I am not rich, so therefore, I gotta watch some and DIY some, and then also save up so I can splurge when I do wanna play.

If ya wanna do it on the cheap, just keep in mind your result will not be nearly as god, and I can say that with 99% certainty. It is a state of mind thing. Even when using the exact same pieces, the cheaper system will not be constructed as well b/c the installer does not have the best you can do mentality, they have the save as much money mentality.

Sorry, off my soap box. I just get tired of people cause as many problems as they complain about.