Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-27-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
From last year, but thought it went along with the new Fields interview, and it's in HD too

http://www.wakevids.com/

The specific video is titled a short
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-27-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Adam Fields is AMAZING!!!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-27-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
He drove for the Eastern Collegiate Regional Qualifiers. I got to meet him at the OWC when I was down there over Christmas. Definitely one of the nicest guys I've met. There's some footage of pros from a LONG DISTANCE at the end of the credits of Gauntlet, and one of them is Fields. I can't remember if it's a 7 or a 9, but he does one of them off the double up, and man it was massive.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-27-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
which one of them rides for Centurion?

Kyle brings the style...he was looking a little off in that video though.
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-27-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
^^ I know that Adam ride for Centurion.. Not sure about Kyle.

CH

(Message edited by chrishopf on January 27, 2009)
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-27-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
i dont believe it would be kyle..

http://www.gw-movie.com/riders/kyle/

shows boat sponser as MasterCraft.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-27-2009, 9:50 AM Reply   
What do you guys think of the spins with the ole? I love off-axis and inverted spins that incorporate the ole (especially think of Watson when I picture these), but in the posted vid those straight flat ole spins looked almost awkward to me. Sure, I'd love to do them, and having something that makes your riding unique is great...I just don't know if I'd choose them to be my signature move.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-27-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
Adam van Dyke posted a video a while ago where he was did a flat ole hs bs 3. I haven't watched this vid yet because I'm in the middle of a 4 hour block of classes, but if it's anything like that, it may seem kind of awkward looking, but I think it's sick. I never see people do ole's on axis, they're always off, and save for Watson's, tend to look an awful lot like crow mobes and such...
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-27-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
Adam does BS 7's off the wake( I dont believe many people can do that). He is a machine.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-27-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
I disliked the straight-leg, flat, ole spins.

My preference is off axis if you're going to ole. I respect the skill it takes for a flat ole, but to my eyes, it's ugly.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-27-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
Adams sick! Glad to see him getting some good exposure around here lately. Working on Slim 7s?! crazy.

As for the on axis ole spins, It seems like you love them or you hate them. I havent seen anyone besides me or Adam Fields do them (mind you; he has wayyy more than them than I do) but I just love them because theyre so unique. Many people like the off axis ole spins, but to me they just look like a mutation/evolution of many inverts (ex. o/a ole TS 5 vs scarecrow) so while they are cool, not my thing. I can see why people think on axis ole is ugly though, but one of my goals this year is to sway that view with a few new tricks Im working on. we'll see
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-27-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
Dayum straight Adam, and we'll show em all how awesome they can be with next year's video too.
Old     (hsryan33)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-27-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
exactly what j-rod said. it definately must be hard but looks goofy to me too. i don't really care if you are a snowskier, rollerblader, snowboarder or wakeboarder, i think spinning straight up like a stick doesn't look as good as tucked, grabbed and corked somehow. the rest of the riding was sick though!

(Message edited by hsryan33 on January 27, 2009)
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-27-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
ya Adam rides for Centurion
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-27-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
Heck yea Nick. Cant wait to get up there and ride
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-28-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
i thought the first one where he did a toe 5 with a grab looked really good but the next i think it was a heel five just looked awkward.