Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    xtreme_marine            12-01-2004, 2:01 PM Reply   
My worst wreck waswhen i was first learning a Railey! Didn't bring it down soon enough and caught the toe edge! I was out for the rest of the day and slept the whole ride home in the back of Jareds sistors Volvo!
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-01-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
Broken tibia, torn ACL and MCL. Happened in June and I'm still recovering.
Old    313productions            12-01-2004, 10:13 PM Reply   
front boarding a rail i slipped out and put my knee thru the PVC... 13 stitches....
then the next day sailing we fliped our hobiecat and i ripped out all the stitches again.... got my neighbor to stitch me up with nylon string and a sterilized hook...he's a doctor but it still hurt so bad
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-01-2004, 10:44 PM Reply   
First raley Broken ribs. Then a year ago august over rotated crow mobe concussion and ruptured ear drum went into the hospital a few days later and the crash had caused my muscles to start releasing toxins and i had kidney failure. Two weeks later i was out, and about 3 weeks later i was riding. Most painful thing i have ever gone through.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-01-2004, 10:55 PM Reply   
Tore my ACL and medial minicus in April. Been back on the board for about a month and a half or so. Extremely painful after the surgery, still get a bit weirded out from time to time.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-02-2004, 6:32 AM Reply   
Holy Sht Kevin
Old    bens            12-02-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
Butt checked a landing. Caught a piece of driftwood in the arse. A piece broke off in my butt cheek. Surgery to remove it. Spent 4 days in the hospital and a month w/ open wounds.
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-02-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
This won't top kidney failure or wood in the arse, just another knee story.

Tore the ACL, MCL, and both meniscus in my right knee on March 17th. I had surgery April 13th followed by 5 months of rehab. Things were going great until October 9th when I tweaked my knee while walking. Since then my activities have been very limited, and my knee swells up with over use.

I return to the ortho doc tomorrow. I'm sure I didn't re-injure the ACL, pretty sure it's the meniscus. Needless to say I still have not returned to wakeboarding.

Anyone want to by a SAN?
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-02-2004, 10:23 AM Reply   
Tore, ACL, both knees have been done for minicus, Crashed on a raily back in the day tore up the sternum it still floats around. Also tore all the ligments in my ankle need serg but never did it. Still riding like a foo. I know one day I will need to learn how to spin with a wheel chair attached to the board. Oh ya Sean I have 1 dollar for your SAN
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-02-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
My wife could't stop laughing at the wood in the butt story. Here is a freaky one. I posted that I ruptured my Patela tendon on a differet thread. But 2 days after the first surgury I wa having terrible stomache pain, they did a cat scan and found out my colon had ruptured also. I woke up in ICU and somthing smelled really bad. I looked down and realized it was me. I had a colostomy. Worse thing I ever went through. Had it for about six months then had it put back together. My wife made me sleep on the couch lol. ANyway we look back and laugh about it now. The wood in the butt story made us both laugh.
Old     (player)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-02-2004, 3:53 PM Reply   
a normal jump that turned into a raley then a inverted raley and i fell on my back. spat out blood and got the wind knocked out of me. a other toeside jump that went horribly wrong and i fell bursting my ear drum.
Old    fredmurphy            12-03-2004, 3:57 AM Reply   
Not that bad but wierd...

First time ever behind a boat (done lots of cable park riding). Caught a toe edge and face planted. Not even that big. I managed to tear my frenulum labii superioris - that's a small web of skin than joins the inside of your top lip to your gum. The landing must somehow have pulled my top lip up over my head.
Old    sbvfive            12-03-2004, 5:05 AM Reply   
Wood in the arse.....I've blown out my knee, dislocated a shoulder, and knocked myself out a few times but nothing could possibley beat wood in the arse!!
Old    bens            12-03-2004, 7:33 AM Reply   
My friends will never let me forget that accident. Whenever I'm introduced to someone it's followed by 'this is the guy who shoved the stick in his ass'. Great first impression.

The piece of wood that broke off in my tailend was the size and shape of a deck of cards. And it tracked about 6 inches through my butt cheek. Needless to say, that leaves a rather gaping wound.

Perry, I was 2cm from having a colostomy bag. Can't imagine how bad that was for you.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-03-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
Someone needs to come up with some sort of a$$ armor. Ha, ha, that sounds really Oh no, cant make fun of this, karmas a biatch. That sounds horrible.

I've busted nizzuts tons of times. Just waiting for them to split open some day. Oooh that kills. We call it the paratrooper.

Kevin... Dude, that's some hard core stuff. I guess nobody will tell you this sport is for sissies, but it's so addicting.
Old    ninja_force_one            12-06-2004, 7:23 PM Reply   
toeside frontroll to revert, Got off balance and caught my edge, my front foot came out of the binding but my back foot stayed in, the board twisted around and i blew out my MCL ACL and both meniscus'. this last week i was practicing on a trrampoline and i landed wrong and retore my medial meniscus where i had already torn it before. so i have to go to the doctor tomorrow to have surgery to try to repair it again. this stinks
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-08-2004, 9:50 AM Reply   
HS W2W. Landed wrong, compacted my knee, Completely disconected my ACL, tore my MCL and the Medial Miniscus in half. Surgery 3 weeks ago.... Shooooottttt.... I'm ready to be boarding again!! (nah, j/k. but if I work hard enough, Doc says June). So sad to miss winter riding.

I have also had my share of nose bleeds caused by face plants, oh, and tore some abs back in April. I am beginning to think the bindings that don't let go, might not be such a good idea.
Old     (hypripper)      Join Date: May 2002       12-09-2004, 7:32 AM Reply   
Hit the shore at Bel aqua (A competition Lake with really really sharp rocks on the shore)