Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-07-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
I tried a search on this subject without exact results. The trim tabs have been working all summer until today. The plate will go all the way down (pistons extended) but will not come back up. Plenty of fluid in he reservoir, any ideas? I'm thinking it might be the actual switch attached to the the steering column.
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-07-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
Fuse?
Ours blows fuses every once in a while.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-07-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
If it were a fuse, would it not engage up or down? IDK, is there multiple fuses associated with the trim tab?
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-07-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
When we put ours down, and it wont come back up it was usually a fuse.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-07-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
Cool, thanks for the response....
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-07-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
I have one fuse on my Bennett tab control. It's on the line from power to the switch.
Listen to the pump to hear if it's running when you push the button up. If it's not try reversing the switch wires on the top and bottom at the back of the switch. That would let the tab up but not down if the switch is at fault. It could be corrosion on any connector or at the steering column.
If the pump runs try manually pushing it up while someone presses the button up. If that works then cycle that several times.
Old    falcon_v            09-07-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-07-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
Thanks, this gives me some direction. I cannot hear the pump running when I push the switch up. I do hear it running when it is going down.
Old     (jrichard)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-08-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
I had Bennett Trim Tabs on a Boston Whaler...though I can't help with your specific problem, my experience is that their customer service is outstanding. If it's not a fuse, give them a call. I bet they'll be happy to help you figure it out.