Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    riding4christ            03-10-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
Hey, I'm an intermediate rider and I was looking to get some new bindings for my ride. I want bindings that are comfy and tough and hopefully not more than 300. The Liquid Force Spynk (spelling?)seemed pretty sweet, but I was just wondering what thoughts you guys had. peace
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-10-2005, 10:59 AM Reply   
Sphynx are an incredibly nice binding, but there are ones for cheaper and are still quality. I just bought a pair of Byerly bindings and I really like them a lot. They're fairly easy to get in and out of, and will keep your foot super snug while riding. All in all, I suggest you go try on a couple pairs and see what you like.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-10-2005, 5:22 PM Reply   
Ultra suctions are still a great binding. It is a tried and true design. The price is not too bad also.
Old    dick            03-16-2005, 8:23 PM Reply   
I ride the 03 byerlys and there probaly the most comfy bindings iv ever put my foot in once there not stiff. you could probaly get them for prety cheap now two because there 03s. but for whatever bindings you get take a blow drying but it like six inches away from your binding and heat them up so that the rubber is prety stretchy and then get sum sope and slip your foot in and mold them to your feet. its the most comforting thing ever.
Old    pappasurf            03-17-2005, 8:46 AM Reply   
I like the LF Alphas, but recently switched to the CWB Boss. They are both nice and comfortable. I switched so that I could be sure that the bindings were tight in the arch and heel (the boss has seperate draw strings for each area). The best thing to do is demo several bindings and see which is the best fit for you.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-17-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
LF Alpha
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-17-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
The best intermediate bindings on the market come from CWB. Go check them out. More bang for your buck!!!
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-17-2005, 5:15 PM Reply   
I don't believe in intermediate bindings. I love my ankles and knees so I always get top of the line, and I can rationalize it too being that I already had a bad knee and a bad ankle before I started riding.

With that Said...LF Alpha/Ultra's or higher on the line, Hyperlite Highbacks or higher on that line, CWB Boss and/or Zeus.
Old    skatie            03-18-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
the sphynx are awesome, so are the alphas. something like the byerly is really stiff and makes your board super reactive, a little softer boot gives you some room for error, which most of us need!
Old    riding4christ            03-18-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
Hey thanks for the input guys...I really like the Sphynk and the Alphas, do you guys think I should put in the extra mula and get a higher end binding? Basically I want something that will last a long time and super comfy. Thanks, peace