Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-19-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
I installed two new tower speakers on my 08 x15 which was pre-wired for lights and speakers and they wont come on? There is a 6 channel JL amp in the boat and there are rca plugs in channels 1-4 and nothing in 5 and 6. Any ideas?? Thanks.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-19-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
so you are saying the tower speakers won't come on or the lights?

RCAs 5 and 6 might be an output/input to piggy back another amplifier.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-19-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
speakers wont come on
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-19-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
Channels 5-6 are set up for a sub. I believe there is a button or switch that will fix your issue. I included the link to the amp from JL. I remember reading about it as I browsed through it once. Good luck
http://marine.jlaudio.com/pdfs/11043.pdf
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-19-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
Edgar - The wires coming down from the tower are
not connected to anything from the factory. The JL M6450 is running only the interior and sub. You can rewire the 6ch to run the tower also but it will be working the 6ch hard.
Two other options would to add a 2ch to run the tower and leave the 6ch as is or add a sub only amp and wire the chs that are being used for the sub to run the tower. The correct way to go is going to be personal preference. Do you want more bass or volume from the tower.
What tower speakers did you go with, how many and what is the suggested power for them? The wires for the tower should be tied up as the base of the tower front left kind of behind and to the left of the glove box in the spotter seat compartment.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-19-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
I only added two new speakers, the boat already had two, working tower speakers and a sub in the boat. I went with the same JL speakers that come stock on the boat. I was considering adding an amp for just the tower speakers??
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-20-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
I looked underneath and noticed that there are 4 wires that are not connected two green and two purple, they are marked with port and starboard. The wires themselves would plug into each other. Can this be the cause. Again only two of the four tower speakers are not working.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-20-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Edgar - I'm sorry. I thought that you did not have any tower speakers to begin with and the two that you added were not working. The green and purple wire are the ones for the tower speakers. Just make sure to pay attention to the ones with and without the black stripe. FYI this is going to end up having 9 speakers running off the 6ch. The M6450 is capable but it will be working at %100. I would look into a 2ch for the tower.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-20-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
I should have been more specific. The wires by the amp are unplugged from themselves. So the two green wires connect together and the two purple do the same. i am guessing I would also need to make sure they connect to the amp??? I can get a good deal on a JL 4ch, 300w amp. Would this be good to use just to run the tower speakers??