Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (midwesttex)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-18-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
Anyone know how big a garage I will need to comfortably fit an X1? Length width height? We are looking for a new house, and one comes with a double car garage, but it is only 19' deep. I'm not sure if the boat would fit sidways.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-18-2009, 7:33 AM Reply   
with the platform off and the tongue swung, it should only be the length of the boat, which is 20' 6". I'd be surprised if it didn't fit sideways. My garage is a double that is 22" deep, and I fit the boat straight on in one side.
Old     (midwesttex)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-18-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Any idea how tall the boat is with the tower folded down? The door is only about 83" tall.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-18-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
Be careful... the boat may actually be longer than 20'7" (specs from MC page) when on the trailer. Most swing tongues do not swing all the way under the boat... they still stick out some.

I bet the X-1 is actually more than 21' on the trailer. Check out this pic. You can see that the tongue is swung back and yet it's still apox. 6" beyond the bow of the boat.

Upload

The only way to know for sure is to measure one yourself at the local MC dealer. Bring your own tape measure.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-18-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
my garage header is 7ft, little less with trim and i can get mine in, but i have the older tower (03 X-2) so it folds forward. also depends on the trailer. if it's an MC dual axle with stock rims and tires, the dual axle is about 1in lower than the single axle. also if it's an mc trailer, the tounge will fold in under the boat. my garage is i believe 22ft 6in or so and i have enough room to walk behind it with the platform off. depending on the tower, you should be able to get it in, but you may have to remove the racks if it's an 07+. you could also have issues with stock MC cans on the tower. i'd tell the dealer/seller you want to see if it will fit.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-18-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
Bruce... that's an MC trailer in the pic above and the tongue clearly sticks out beyond the bow.

I agree that the only way to know for sure is a garage demo.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-18-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
huh, i'll have to look again tonight when i get home. i'm almost positive mine does not. like i said, i've only got like ~22ft 6in of clearance and i've got plenty of room to walk behind the boat with the platform off and the tounge folded -- straight in.

my trailer looks a little different though, i don't have that little triangle thing and chain loop inbetween the winch and v-bunk and my guide poles are thicker.

i'll look again tonight.
Old     (midwesttex)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-18-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
I haven't done it yet, but I think the new towers fold flat. So I would just be concerned with the windshield height. Looks like I shouldn't have a problem fitting it inside a standard garage.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-18-2009, 3:34 PM Reply   
Bruce,

The little triangle thing is the spare tire holder.

Tim
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-18-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
ahhh :-)

that i have.

that pic is deceiving
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-18-2009, 5:26 PM Reply   
i just went and checked mine out. sticks out maybe 2, 3in tops past the tip of the rub rail on the bow. 21ft and over for clearance, you're golden. i'd be more concerned with the height on a 7ft header and 07+ tower.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-18-2009, 6:19 PM Reply   
There you have it... the WW community coming together and helping out. I love forums!

Thanks, Bruce!
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-19-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
I had an 06 X-1 and fit it through my 7 foot door. Turned the racks down and then lifted the engine compartment and laid the tower on the black metal cross bars that seperate the storage areas from the engine. You should be fine doing that... Length I have 23 feet so I never had an issue but could not really walk behind only in front.

Good luck but I would just drag the boat over and give it a try to be honest, because I have found that these estimates are always different depending on many factors.