Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    ScottRobinson            08-07-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
Had my 2010 Darrin Shapiro Slaysh for sale on Craigslist. (now still for sale) Had a guy buy it. Great. He said he had a check in the mail however his assistant did it and sent me a check for a much larger amount that should have went to another person. Instead she messed up and put my name on it. He told me to cash it. Easy enough. (started to think scam but...hoped) So did.... and then he said to just sent money back to the person it was supposed to go Western Union. Well being lazy finally paid off. I just didn't want to do that. So just didn't for a while, went to lake and just didn't worry about it. He emailed a few times asking about it, and I told him I just hadn't done it. He asked that I would. Seemed fair. I then thought, "ya know I better make sure it cleared first" So went to the bank. It did clear. I was told that by my bank. Well I was about to Western Union the money and asked my bank if they did that. Luckily they don't. So again laziness set it. I said I will do it tomorrow. Now I get the mail today and I see that the check DID NOT clear. Ha....laziness pays off. I think he was totally scamming me. Great scam really. OVERPAY me...and have me send basically cash back to someone. Looking back it was scam whole way. Never got his phone number yet asked 3 times. Check was typed out yet my name was on it not the correct party? He never cared about picking up the board, only about that I sent the money back. Ugggg

This pisses me off....so...who do I contact? I had it on CRAIGSLIST but lord knows they won't do crap. I have his email but it is a yahoo account...I have where I was supposed to send the Western Union but that is just a name and city and state.

Bill Caleb is this guys name
Billcaleb90@yahoo.com

I was supposed to send the money to
David Coby
NE Covington, GA 30014

What should I do guys?