Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                08-30-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
Need some advice on the best HU options for me:
I have an 05 Dodge Ram (the rounded corner HU, approx 1.5 DIN) with Infinity sound system. The Cd player has given up the ghost.

What I want:
-iPod compatability through the HU
-satelite radio (prefer Sirius)
-built in bluetooth hands free for my phone
-MP3 playback ability
-built in GPS

Those are basically in order of preference. I did some research on this last year and came up with the Pioneer Avic Z-1. Two big problems, it is double DIN which would be awful hard to put in, and I understand the Pioneer iPod interface is horrible.

Can you guys give me some recomendations?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-30-2006, 10:20 PM Reply   
Beware some of those Infinity systems, I have seen some with amplifiers at the speakers. Do some research before you buy a deck. Call Crutchfield, they can probably provide guidance?
Old     (richiekid84)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-05-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
hey guys i need some info i was wondering if u guys can help me out i got an xtant amp which is xtant6001 it says it pushes 600 rms how can i know what it pushes in peak power plus its a mono i was wonder is this xtant amp enough to push 2 10 's of Infinity Reference 1050w it pushes 250 rms 1000 watts peak power is that enought or not woth it
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-06-2007, 12:24 AM Reply   
Rich:
Upload

FWIW

-Steve
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-06-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
would check into eclipse, alpine, or pioneer premier...
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       03-06-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
im pretty sure alpine has the best ipod interface. I had an alpine deck in my old car that synced with my ipod perfectly.

i have the same truck as you and am planning on putting a 7-10 inch touch screen monitor in the dash and running it with a computer that handles all my movies/mp3s/gps navigation/bluetooth etc. Its a bit more work but has tons of possibilities. I just started researching about this and as soon as i get the money will start installing. check out www.mp3car.com for more details.