Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (metz213)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-09-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
So we live on a private lake and tonight we decided to do a night session. The water was BUTTER and we were rippin. After I got done riding the lake patrol pulls us over and tells us to go back to the dock. He talks to us there and tells us to park the boat until they contact us...So anyone else have any experiences with this??
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-09-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
Does he have authority to kick you off the lake or write a citation? If not I would've told him to go back to his shack. Either that or tell your parents and let them go talk to whoever the lake patrol is.

Then again I probably wouldn't have been out after dark riding/surfing/etc. Probably wasn't the smartest thing to do in the first place.

I see your 16. How do your parents feel about you taking their boat out and riding after dark? I'd be pissed if my kid did that with my boat.
Old    wakeboardpunk17            06-09-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
I used to ride at night alot until my buddy fell like two feet from this gator haha luckily he caught the gator off guard and it scared it off but ever since I refuse to go into a lake at night unless its at owc...so watch out haha
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-10-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
That just happened to me last weekend. There was a big storm and everyone was off the lake. The rain stopped and it was absolute butter and the sun was about to set in a half hour, so me and my two buddies decided to go out for 3 quick runs and i was last. In the middle of my run a cop pulls us over and gives us a citation. The sun had just set like 5 minutes ago and we were heading back anyway.
Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-10-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
What's tha big deal with riding at night. We were out till about 9 last week. As long as you have all your lights on and you can see where youre going, go for it. A spotlight and a full moon is always a big help. As for the water cops we've never had a problem since the guy only actually gets in his boat twice a month.
Hey Pottsy... are you guys not even allowed to take a ride at night?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-10-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
Riding in the dark is great fun, hard to time the wake and landings but makes for great photos. We take midnight barefoot sessions all the time they are great fun too. Whats really fun is driving a jetski in the dark, feels like you are flying. None of these activities are probably really that smart, but sometimes fun seems to out score brains. After all its all fun and games until some one looses an eye, right?

We actually do a lot of night time surfing under the tower lights. We usually put a glow stick on a rope then tie it to our life jackets so the boat can spot you easier.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-10-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Apparently not, I always thought we were allowed to ride 30 minutes after sunset and then come in and the cop said no boating at all after sunset.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-10-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
States regulate what you can do at night, in TN no water sports (ski, wakeboard, tube, PWC, etc.)from sunset to sunrise, you can ride in the boat and fish. Stiff penalty for the boat operator if caught, $150 and up if you are "endangering the life of a minor".