Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    scottysgurl05            07-14-2004, 7:29 PM Reply   
My boyfriend just introduced me to wakeboarding a month ago and i love it! I'm looking to buy my own board so I don't have to use his all the time but I don't know what boards are the best quality. My boyfriend swears by CWB, but I'm looking at hyperlite too. Which is better?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-14-2004, 9:12 PM Reply   
Oh dear...

Both great brands..arguably the two best.
Go to a shop and demo if you can, if not, buy the one that looks pretty.

CWB has a new girls board next year that is very nice. I saw the reps sample last weekend.
Old    jonnyrotten79            07-14-2004, 9:52 PM Reply   
You might wanna check out an O'Brien Vixen board the best female wakeboarder designed it and rides it, dallas friday... pretty cool here check it out

http://www.wakeworld.com/BoardGuide/getboard5.asp?ProductID=2285\ clipart{proud}
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-14-2004, 11:27 PM Reply   
My girlfriend tried a couple of different boards, she can get up and ride but nothing to crazy.We ended up getting her a LF Diva.She seems to like it better because she was more stable and not all out of control,but she's just happy to be behind the boat.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-15-2004, 7:30 AM Reply   
O'Brien Vixen
Blindside Flower
CWB Absolute 134
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-15-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
The new Female CWB looks really good! I would recommend waiting a month and getting a brand new awesome female designed board. The graphics are quite stunning as well. It will be a 133. Good luck, have fun!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-15-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
please don't get a board just cause it has girly graphics.

cwb and hyperlite both make good boards, but there are others out there, like doubleup, blindside and gator.

go to your local shop and ask to demo as many boards as possible. in most cases, the money spent on demos can be applied towards the purchase of a new board.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-15-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
I second everyone's thought of riding the board BEFORE buying. WELL worth it. Find some other ladies in your area that ride and see what they ride and see if they will let you ride their boards. If you are in WA, you can come out and ride both of my boards, plus we have a ladies night where there several types of boards on the boat.

In 2000 I got a Hyperlite Mikala and this year, I looked at getting other boards and I rode about 6 different boards that my friends have and then out of the 6, I went with the Blindside Flower 134. I like the 'girly graphics'. Black with flowers.

I hope what Joe was trying to point out with his girly graphics comment was don't choose the board solely on the graphics. But if you like the ride of two boards and one has something on it you don't want to look at all the time, then get the one with the graphics you do want to look at. I preferred not looking at skulls, so I got flowers.

Let me know if I am wrong here everyone, but the Blindside Assassin Pro 134 is the same board at the Blindside Flower 134, just different graphics. I didn't want a tank on my board so I got flowers, but that was my preference and choice.
Old    scottysgurl05            07-15-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
Thanks guys!

PS- I'm in the dallas, tx area, so if anyone knows of some girls that ride around here lemme know plz.
Old    the_intern            07-15-2004, 5:24 PM Reply   
The new CWB girls board just came out this week. I just talked to my local shop and it comes in a great package deal w/ the mobe bindings. It is a 131, check it out.