Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-22-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
many of you probly remember the movie 12 honkeys. before Gerry Nunn's part there is a part about his band, Third Element. i was just wondering if that was a real band and if so, where can i get their music? the song for Gerry's part was the best song ive ever heard, did anyone else think it was epic?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-22-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
If you watch the extra's i think he referred to it as a joke. It seemed very convincing to me though.
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-22-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
dang!!! ya it was convincing. that song was dope tho. i wish there actually were songs about wakeboarding like that. the lyrics were hilarious!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-22-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
johnnies gonna wakeboard...
gonna throw a tantrum...
fillin up the fat sacs
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-22-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
epic!!!!!!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-22-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
Your at the boat dock... don't worry he will be there!
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
Here is the song. I don't know who the guy is riding or where he got the song but. The song is "Johnny's wakeboard clinic" by Third Element.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=25497 492
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-22-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
The band was real, but Gerry Nunn was never actually in it. All the band footage came from some old
t.v. segment, Ronn & Brooks shot new footage of Gerry and spliced it in to make it appear Gerry was part of
the band. I actually have Third Element's four-song demo CD with Johnny's Wakeboard Clinic. If you want me
to burn you a copy, shoot me an email.
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-22-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
thats awesome, i sent you an email
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-23-2008, 6:49 AM Reply   
The band was called third element! Jerry was the fourth member. They make a comment about how jerry is the fourth member of the band! He sure did fit in with them with the long hair. 12 honkeys is one of the best movies out there! Alex you can you burn me a cd. lear10@hotmail.com