Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    hockeynriding03            09-02-2004, 4:33 PM Reply   
About a month ago my 03 SANTE had something happen to the transmission as I backed off to pickup a rider. The dealership said the problems is nicknamed "the clicker" because the transmission clicks the more throttle you give it. Anyway, its been at our dealership for about four weeks now and they have been working on it for about two trying to replace the transmission. It was too advanced for our local dealership so now its at mid-west correct craft. Its been there for about a week now and correct craft still cant get things worked out after multiple water tests and some of the best techs looking at it. Running on five weeks later things are starting to get out of hand. I was just wondering if this is typical of a new transmission (under warranty too)? And if replacing the tranny should take all this time?
*Thanks in advance*
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-02-2004, 8:37 PM Reply   
Ask them to make the payment for the month that you could not use the boat. The job is measured in hours not days.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2004, 9:56 PM Reply   
They sure must see the clicker problem a lot to give it a name.

Should take no longer than a day including the water test.
Something is not right.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2004, 10:21 PM Reply   
They have polished your tower, painted your windscreen & sold your boat as an 05. Its hard to keep up with orders at the moment.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-02-2004, 10:53 PM Reply   
I put a new tranny in my MC PS 205 in less that 4 hours with very little aid from a skilled mechanic. I know the v-drives are a biach to work on in comparison. But if remember correctly, they still have the same style tranny and then the v-drive joint lower in the drive train. Correct me someone if im wrong. Weeks should not be used. I think the dealer doesn't want to admit that you just need a new tranny and be done with it. Or it could be something else?
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2004, 6:56 AM Reply   
I would give it a good two days to do the job. Takes about 1 or 2 hours just to clear out all the seats/panels/gear/etc. Then probably another 1 to 2 hours to get all the bolts removed and the engine supported. And then about the same for the R&R and another hour to water test. So, 2 days at a boat shop (in reality 5 working day up to 2 weeks) wouldn't be unreasonable. Keep in mind your boat probably isn't the only boat in there for service and such. But, more than a couple weeks and they're really pushing it.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old    hockeynriding03            09-03-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
Come to find out they have put in the wrong part and I wont get it back until next week (thats what they have been telling me all along "just one more week"). Thats total of about 5 1/2 weeks from when I dropped it off at the dealership, assuming I actually get it this time. I'm thinking about filing an official complaint with CC.

Up to this point Ive been more than happy with my overall experience with CC. Now I have to say I'm very dissapointed with CC and am wondering if CC is all its really cracked up to be.

(Message edited by hockeynriding03 on September 03, 2004)
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-03-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
I would definately!
Old    hockeynriding03            09-03-2004, 1:45 PM Reply   
Things just keep gettin better! Now midwest CC has found that it is not the transmission that the dealership thought it was; it is the V-Drive unit. Now it needs a new V-drive. So they are taking out the new transmission and replacing the v-drive. This will take another week at least. How much more rediculous can this get?
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-03-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
F-ing morons! You shold sit down and write the letter now. And they should leave you with a new tranny.
Old    bigd            09-03-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
Get an attorney to send them a letter. Demand a new drive train and that they pay your note for the time it was in the shop. If they start trying to play hardball tell them you'll go after them for damages for loss of use. They've got business insurance that will pay for that kind of crap but you have to play hardball. If you'd rather just let them keep jerking you around then keep doing what you've been doing and get the results you've been getting.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       09-03-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
If it's a replacement, then once they have the parts, two days tops.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-03-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
CC should step up to the plate to make it right. 5+ weeks without a machine is too long!