Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (stj)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
if anyone has and pics of the new x2 could you please post them different colour cobinations would be good to see.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
This was a maristar version of the X-2 with all the wb goodies...it had a..uh..interesting color scheme.

Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   
I like the color scheme and I like the simple master craft along the side, very clean.
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-18-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
sweet
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-18-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
NAW, did the interior have xseries emblems or maristar?
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-18-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
Here's a couple of MC's from the atl boat show. Blue sparkle looked cool but I probably wouldn't buy it.
blue sparkle
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-18-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
The logo is one of those gel-formed ones, it looks better in person than in pics
logo
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-18-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
the sparkly one must designed to attract the atlanta area bass fisherman. i'm thinkin' it may just be possible to attach a trolling motor to the picklefork

(Message edited by JcV on January 18, 2006)
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-18-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
Ambush boat (duh)
ambush
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-18-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
Here's the interior of the x15. THey use some textured vinyl inserts that are kinda funky.
interior
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-18-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
This boat was so massive that I couldn't get far enough away to snap the whole thing. I think it was 123K, but I'm not certain. Maybe it comes with a truck:0

x80
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-18-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
I'll try here before starting a new thread. Can anyone post some more pics of the X-Star from the Ft. Worth boat show with the Texas Flag scheme. Also any info about who painted it or how it was ordered??? Thanks and sorry to hijack.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-19-2006, 7:21 AM Reply   
Did the 80 have twin screws?
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-19-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Chris-Not sure what the inside said...I don't think this one was a production model as it was shipped from MC last September for our Fall event (www.midwestmilitia.net). Some details were definetly skipped. The production version that I saw at the show looked much more put together and was nice.

The 80 at the Chicago show had twins and was going for 120K. Ouch
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-19-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
My local dealer was at a show a while back. He told me that the 80 with twin 385hps would beat a 190 out of the hole. Thats pretty impressive. I don't think you could by a boat that size without twins.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-19-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
I had a chance to drive the x-80; (w/ twin motors) a friend of mine was lookign at buying one and the dealer let him take it out to Lake Travis in Austin , TX for memorial day. And yes it is very quick, by far the quickest ski boat I've ever been in (I owned a 96 PS 190) It was alot quicker than mine. One thing that ticked the potential buyer off was the matting glued on to the platform came completely off. HE came from the go fast boat world (baja, foutain, donzi, ect)one reason why the price didn't bother him ; he was very impressed with the boat overall, but went with the x-45.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-19-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
How was the wake on that thing?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-19-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
It has a twin MCX motor 350 horse power......I liked the wake.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-19-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
I think the guy at the dealership said the one he was in had the twin LQ9s in it. Could be wrong though.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-19-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   

Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-19-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
Is that 2 yellow and black or yellow black with top grey?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-19-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
gosh those are tough looking

i kind of like that blue on blue one near the top and it does look clean with the basic mc logo on the side.

that x80 looks sick too

if only i could afford one ;)
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-19-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Chris ~ it was yellow/black with the top grey.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-19-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
i built one on the new MC site, ND irish colors, came out pretty nice..It def. is a sick boat..I like the blue/dark blue combo at the top, and I think the MC logo looks better than that big X-2 in the back..but that's my opinion..
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-19-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
Was pretty sure I was ordering one yesterday, but now I'm on the fence! The boat is very cool, but the demo ride conditions totally sucked. It's been raining up here for about the last 34 out of 35 days or something and the old willamette river is running about 7knot currents. Pretty hard to get a great perspective on the boat. I'd be getting rid of my 04 BU LSV so it's quite a change in boats. Stock ballast didn't really do anything for me, but when we put an additional 1000 lbs in it, it really beefed it up. It's not real fair to compare the two, one being 23ft and the other 20, for the size the 20 footer really utilized space. After thinking about it endlessly the last 20 hours I definantly need to get it in a lake and ideal conditions before blowing out the BU on a boat that hasn't been able to prove itself YET!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-19-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
I would keep your LSV. That is one badass boat.
Old     (tx_cook)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-19-2006, 12:45 PM Reply   
Old     (jeffrpod)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
I've got an X2 on order - wake sight unseen. I'm heading to Orlando for a meeting in a couple weeks and I'm trying to hook up with the local dealer for a ride. Please keep us posted if you get out on the boat...I'm posing some picks of the X2 from the NYC Boat show.

Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-23-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
That blue sparkle is just straight sexy!
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-23-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
Jeff Barr you will like it ,its a nice solid boat . also get the power steering . Joe

(Message edited by mitchj on January 23, 2006)
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-23-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
Mines going into the shop on Friday and I am going to see if it can be added .
Old    nautique226            01-24-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
Nice looking boats. The newer graphics look so much better.
Old     (aspenshayn)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-24-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
What did you guys pay for your x-2's if you don't mind me asking? what options did you get at that price?
Old     (jeffrpod)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-24-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
What's the Power Steering all about? I didn't see anything like that listed as an option...
Old     (jeffrpod)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-24-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
Antbut - Were those pics taken at lake elsenore (sp?) If so, how's the riding out there? I may be relocating from NJ to Irvine.
Old     (tarpongator)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-25-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
Yes, I would like to know more about the power steering too.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-25-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
It is a option and I wish I had it, I declined based on my X9 being easy to steer the 06 X2 is fine while going straight but in tight turns or a double up situatuon you have to realy pull the wheel hard to get it back straight. It may be because the prop is very close to the rudder on the X2 . Other than that its great solid no rattles rides real nice not alot of bow rise .
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-25-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
It's hydraulic, not power steering. It's really just made if you have the boat in salt water.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-25-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
By Jeff Barr (jeffrpod) on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 7:40 pm:

"Antbut - Were those pics taken at lake elsenore (sp?) If so, how's the riding out there? I may be relocating from NJ to Irvine."

Antbut hahahaha are you talking smack?

Yes those pics are from Lake Elsinore. The riding is good in the winter, but in the summer it's a mad house. Either way you are moving from NJ to Cali and that's a HUGE plus.

(Message edited by antbug on January 25, 2006)
Old     (jeffrpod)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-25-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
Yo "Ant Bug" - no mal-intent, just my dyslexia..Ha - that was pretty funny...

Actually - I've got a lake front house in NJ, so although I can only ride about 6 months out of year - I can ride before and after work on a good day. In So Cal I'll be lucky to even aford to keep my boat and trailer to a lake...

My two Girls
Old     (jeffrpod)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-25-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
Here's a little sweetness from the NYC Boat Show.

Ant Bug - Give us some more info on the X2 wake. You seem to be the only one with First-Hand knowldge...

X2
hot x2 2
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-25-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
Looks good . How much was it ?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-25-2006, 9:29 PM Reply   
i rode behind the one in the pics i posted w/ 1500lbs of additional weight on top of the stock ballast.

in all honesty, not to putting the boat down at all, but the wake was disappointing. at 24mph (i think that's what i was being pulled at), the wake was washy and soft. the wake wasn't big, either. the transition was longer than the older x-2, and it wasn't as steep.

that said, i'm not sure it was weighted right. maybe the extra weight was in the wrong place, or maybe it needed a lot more weight, but if i were to base my purchase on the wake of the x-2 that day, the new x-2 wouldn't be on my list.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-26-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
Jeff ~ That's a sweet setup.

I only know what all the riders from that day told me about the boat and what Joe says was the general consensus from everybody. I did drive the boat and it drives like a dream.

The pics you posted is probably the best color combo I've seen of the boat. Very nice.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-26-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
That sure is a nice boat. I think it's the best looking boat out there right now. I love the tower and the layout of the boat.

Too bad about the wake though. I wouldn't want to be filling 2000lbs of fat sacs just to go riding.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-26-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
On the other hand(about the new X2 wake)

The thing might have had 1,500lbs in it plus the stock but the stock ballast is really pathetic on the new X2.I believe the X1 has more stock ballast.Dropping 2,000lbs in the boat would = what I put in my X2/X1.....Maybe it just needed a little more weight???!
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-26-2006, 11:55 PM Reply   
Is it me or does it seem like the the X-2's can be had in much better color combos than the X-Star? I know the "scrawl X-Star" is just decal and the rear gel coat is basicly the same (correct me if i'm wrong), but why can't I get a simple X-Star in block like all the other X series boats? What about the being able to get the upper deck color to continue on the Fiberglass surfaces inside the boat? I've asked about it since '03 and they keep saying no???? Whats the deal? The Rep actually looked insulted when I told him I liked the clean X-1 decal better and "informed" me that the X-1 is a price point boat and is supposed to look plain....

(Message edited by X-aggie on January 26, 2006)
Old    kvanderg            01-27-2006, 5:03 AM Reply   
Tom,

Would the 2000lbs of fat sacks be OK if the X2 had a sink you could puke in?

I dont think having to run fat sacks in anything these days is acceptable... its not like wakeboarding came out last year.

It's time for the big 4 to wake up and make 2000# plus under floor ballast systems standard on all their "wakeboarding" specific boats.

JMO.
Old     (jeffrpod)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-27-2006, 5:04 AM Reply   
Joe - Thanks for the info on the wake - that is very, very disappointing. The pictures you posted (in another thread) of this boat's wake was with another 1500lbs of additional ballast? I can not understand why MC has only put 600lbs of ballast in this boat when the BU VLX offers 1200 PLUS the Wedge!!! The only reason I was looking to purchase this boat is because of the great wakes the X-1 and X-Star produce...I'm heading to Orlando to give the boat a test drive next week but I think the writing is on the wall.

Old    kvanderg            01-27-2006, 5:39 AM Reply   
I guess we will see how much people prefer "form over function" by how many X-2's are sold vs. how many Epic 23V's are sold.

I know they are very different boats... a better test would be an Epic 21V (if they made one... which they dont... but I hope they will). I'm sure you all get what I'm driving at here... if not... let the fighting begin

Cheers!
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-27-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
Having more seat time on a new X2 than anybody posting here I will say its not the biggest wake in town for a wake boat for sure. I would bet its as big as any other twenty footer out there or bigger .With stock ballast full and 6 adults in the boat I had two above average riders 25 mph @ 65 feet that were landing 6 feet or better in the flats with ease. The wake is almost verticle for the last 10 inches or so of height and the transition is short and rampy .The actual width of the wake is narrow not side to side but each side maybe 4 feet wide or so.One thing that needs to be considered the boat is not very big its only 20 feet long . The riders comments were they didnt feel that there was nothing they couldnt do with the wake as it was . They also felt 1000 to 1500lbs would have increased the size some but the shape would remain the same . It also likes weight in the back not the front as we noted from moving passengers around in the boat . For good riders like Big Ed Walt Jrod Umali the wake may not be enough but for the Joe averager ride its plenty . One thing I can say for sure its one of the nicest boats I have driven and Im the kind of person that would tell you if I didnt like it . Its quiet smooth no rattles or squeaks the tower doesnt move around in rough water etc .
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-27-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
Joe,I think you mistaken me for somebody that can actually ride.I'm not that good at all but I do know what I like out of a wake.I never even rode in the new X2 much less behind it.
From what I heard so far the wake doesn't match up but the boat is SOOO NICE that until I ride behind one that I THINK IS SACKED OUT,I'm not giving up on the boat yet.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-27-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
I also rode the same boat that Joe & Ant Bug rode. The boat was nice and everyone was stoked to try it out but man once you got behind it everyone was all of a sudden not so stoked. It was like riding an MB, not anyone's personal favorite. There was no defined lip and the wake was flat out tiny. I've ridden X-1s with around 2,000 pounds and they killed it compared to this thing. Hopefully something can be done, their other boats rock and it would suck to have an X-Series that just doesn't cut it.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-27-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
Jeff ~ Please keep in mind that the day everyone rode behind the X2 was the day of the USC comp at Lake Elsinore. At this comp Josh set up two boats to pull riders and the other boat was an 05 X-Star. This X-Star is owned by a pro rider and he sacks his boat down hard! Everyone was raving about the X-star wake and a lot of comments were compairing the two boats.

I'm not trying to sell you an X2 cause I'm really sad that MC would replace the 205V hull name with this boat. It doesn't stand up to the name so far at all. With all that being said the boat is very nice and you are doing the right thing by taking it out for a demo.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-27-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   

quote:

I would bet its as big as any other twenty footer out there or bigger .

not even close to a lot of 'em.

quote:

With stock ballast full and 6 adults in the boat I had two above average riders 25 mph @ 65 feet that were landing 6 feet or better in the flats with ease.

will all due respect, that really doesn't say much about the wake. any "above average" rider can land 6' or better out in the flats behind virtually any boat, ESPECIALLY at 65'.

quote:

The riders comments were they didnt feel that there was nothing they couldnt do with the wake as it was .

any "above average" rider can pull off any and all of their tricks behind virtually any boat.
Old     (miles_long)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-29-2006, 5:26 AM Reply   
Jeff,
Nice pic of my boat! That red x2 @ the show is mine, Eric now has it in storage for me till end of april. Of course it has to have the speakers, racks, sub woofer, ect. installed. I hope it didn't get to messed up being @ the show.
L8
Old     (jeffrpod)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-29-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
L8 - That boat is F'in hot! I wanted to buy it at first site at the show. Where do you ride? Have you had a chance to ride behind an X2 yet, if so what's your thoughts...

Thanks,
J
Old     (miles_long)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-30-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
Jeff,
I ride in Southern CT on a lake but live on LI. No Salt water for me thanks!!! I have not ridden behind it but i know people who have and honestly the boat is roomier and will hold the value better than my 2005 X2. I have been told it is like a X-star wake and a old X2 wake combined. Since I love the x-star and the x2 I figured once I dial in the ballast it will be off the hook. Where do you ride? You got a boat???
Old     (jeffrpod)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-30-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
Miles,
Are you on Candlewood? I've got a buddy that lives on that lake. I live and ride on Lake Hopatcong, NJ. See the pic I posted above of my 2 gals, wife and 2002 BU VLX. We'll have to get together and do some riding this year.
Old     (miles_long)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-31-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
Jeff,
I don't ride Candlewood (unless it's 5:30am!!) but if we hook up I'll show you my spot. Shoot me a email and lets hook up and ride this spring. We'll have your BU a X2 and a X-Star to choose from!
Cheers!