Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    r3612            02-04-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
I'm not too familiar with these boats and a buddy has found a couple in his price range. Was wondering what people who have owned or ridden behind this particular boat have thought about it.

Wake, rough water handling, hole shot etc..... I'm almost positive the towers on these models were not something to be desired, but hey sometimes you gotta comprimise. Any info would be great.

Kris
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-04-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
Pros:
Solid, heavy boat.
Deep, comfortable interior.
Tons of storage.
Drives smooth.
Handles excellent.
Rides smooth.
Very stable on the water.
Takes the chop like a champ.
IMO one of the best surf wakes around.

Cons:
Metcraft tower is not the best.
That particular hull does not respond well to a ton of weight in terms of the wake. The boat performs excellent when weighted, but the wake is sloppy and hard to clean up when you run a ton of weight. I have found that a 500lb sac in the walkway makes the best wake.
The interior cushions are prone to splitting at the seams. Ours have already been replaced.

That's about all I can think of right now. Let me know if you have any specific questions...
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-04-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
Oscar is on the money.

I used to own a 2002 21 V (identical hull and seats, different tower).

I used to put a 600 pound sack in the walkway and felt that the wake was outstanding. As you get more and more heavy in the rear, it gets just a little wash on it, that I think is mostly cosmetic and doesn't affect the performance.

This isn't the best pic, but this was actually with 400 in each locker as well. You can see a little washy lip just behind where the rider is. Where he leaves the wake is very nice.
21V