Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       01-29-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
i was just wondering if anyone has a nascar boat or corvette boat, or what peoples thoughts are on them. i cant understand why people would spend an extra $10,000+ for nascar stickers, or pay $115,000+ for a corvette boat. just what i think what about you guys? Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-29-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
I'm not a fan at all, waste of money, and I think they look crappy, but if you've got the money, and want to do it, more power to ya!!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2008, 9:43 PM Reply   
No different than having HYPERLITE, X-STAR, RED BULL, or anything else that your really proud of in big bold print across your boat.

It's not really my thing. I'd rather have my own gig on the side of the boat rather than advertise someone else's.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       01-29-2008, 9:46 PM Reply   
but it is different because those are all wake related, and nascar and corvette are not related in anyway with wakeboarding.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-29-2008, 9:48 PM Reply   
The Corvette boat is pretty sweet... for what it is designed for. Most people on here only want to see Wakeboard boats, and don't care for a go-fast/ski boat model. For what it is and what it was designed for, it is a beautiful thing. Just not for everyone, and sadly many people do not recognize and/or respect that.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
It's not different because it has to do with what your into. If your into Vettes or Nascar or RedBull, then it makes sense to you.

I have a Malibu & have had a Mastercraft. That doesn't mean I want a 4' long banner on my boat advertising it. I'd rather it say something that I care about. And I imagine owners of these kind of boats think the same way.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-29-2008, 10:19 PM Reply   
ugly is ugly and cool is cool. those boats are flat out lame. too each his own
Old     (jvpeck)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-29-2008, 11:15 PM Reply   
Big Dale JR. fan so i dont mind the centurion, only if it was a vlx.
Old     (jvpeck)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-29-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   
If you were making $25 Million a year, you could have your sponsor on there. My personal boat, maybe not.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-30-2008, 5:18 AM Reply   
I wouldn't want one personally, but if I was a NASCAR fan I'd think they were pretty Kick A$$. I also like the Malibu Vette, just like I like the Lotus Exige or something that i like but will never buy because it's impractical for me personally.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-30-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
I just don't get why you would design a boat to look like a car.

Think if it were the other way around... it would make no sense. A Corvette with a tower, rubrail, swim platform, midmount engine with walkthrough dashboard?? just lame.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-30-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
You mean like installing teak all over your truck, Anodyne? Teak Chevy emblems, a teak bed cover & teak running boards on a Chevy Avalanche. You can read thru more of on the Chevy Avalanche Fan club site: http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/

It's not my thing, but for a guy who likes teak swimsteps, it would look sweet to setup a similar color truck & boat with all the teak details........ and a ton of WORK!

Upload
Upload
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-30-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
i bet theres quite a few rednecks in the east us that have the nascar boats. those hillbillies are all about nascar.

ps. before i get harped on by you rednecks im not talking crap. if i could have grown up anywhere but in cali it would probably be out there so i had more of a chance to grow up racing and driving around with shotguns in my back window.
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-30-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
One of the reasons, (although not the only) that I went with an MB. No big vinyl X-this X-that stickers on the sides. No Henry the XII coat of arms...etc. Just a simple aluminum discreet billet emblem.
Old     (03_35th)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-31-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
I'm a big NASCAR fan. But I still gotta ask what do you do with a # 8 Dale Jr Budwieser boat when he drives the # 88 Amp car now?????

New boats depreciate bad enough, what would something like that do to the resale?????

Unless its all vinyl stickers that can just be removed.....
Old     (bstphen24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-31-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
I would think that it might help a boat like that hold its value a little more. Maybe not right away, but because it is the old number 8 car it could be a collectors item. Just a thought.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-31-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
nice post callen. you cali poons are hilarious...
Old     (wannabewakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-01-2008, 10:52 PM Reply   
Tony stewart is my long lost uncle...you dont see me rolling around in a #20 centurion.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-02-2008, 5:53 AM Reply   
I appreciate creative things, whether I personally like the looks or not.

To each their own; people have different tastes, and that's a good thing.

Check these out!!

Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-02-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
Though some might not like the looks of the boat or not a fan of nascar. If you have been to any Nacar race were we (centurion) have had the rig set up with the nascar boats in it you would understand. There is no time from open till close that there aren't people in the booth, looking at the boats or in the boats. And thats not including the people that stop to take there pic by a Number 3 earnhardt boat or a stewart boat or any of them. They say something like 75% of nascar fans are Boating Enthusist (spelling). It really ios a cool thing. And now I am a nascar fan since I have seen a race up close and personnal....
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2008, 9:49 PM Reply   
I have a buddy who sells Centurion in Alabama. I just talked to him yesterday & they are still sitting on like a dozen 2007 Centurions, two of which are Nascar boats. He thinks it's because management has them price way too high. But he said the Nascar boats get a LOT of attention, unfortunately from people who cannot afford this kind of boat.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-10-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
Italian any one?
http://www.boatvids.com/videos/Boating_Videos/Italian_Wood_Ferarri_Boat
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-10-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
How about a sports car that you can wakeboard behind?
http://www.boatvids.com/videos/Boating_Videos/Worlds_Fastest_Amphibious_Car_Boat-Car