Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
So I took a quick run down to the local pond (calero) to find out that for the first time in history it was at maximum capacity on a wednesday evening (6:15pm)! I was confused at first since the attendent mentioned that there is a 60 boat limit and there was obviously nothing close to 16 boats on the water. After I gave a confused look he mentioned that for emissions reasons they can only allow 60 boats per day TOTAL! WTF The next obvious question was: are you taking weekday reservations now and the response was "nope, first come first served". Great planning eh. My local government rocks!

Now I am stuck working out on the trampoline and cleaning the boat, bummer.

End rant.
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
Where is this rule/law? Sounds like something made up by some pranksters. Either way, sucks for you.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-19-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
And my extreme dislike of all those dumb Cali rules is just getting stronger!
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
That bites. You can find the ranger shack phone numbers on the gooutsideandplay site. We've been shut out before so now we drop a quick call before heading out.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
same thing happened with me on sunday at calero, anderson and coyote.

I asked the Calero girl about the laws and they said that 60 boats on the water per day and they reached that by noone. She said since Calero was drinking water and the "lake" was owned by some water company they only allow a total of 60 boats a day on the lake because any more would cause an issue with the filtering
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
same thing happened with me on sunday at calero, anderson and coyote.

I asked the Calero girl about the laws and they said that 60 boats on the water per day and they reached that by noone. She said since Calero was drinking water and the "lake" was owned by some water company they only allow a total of 60 boats a day on the lake because any more would cause an issue with the filtering

Anderson has a limit of 250 per day i think.

We ended up just MXing that day..FUGGIN HOT THOUGH

(Message edited by extremeisaac on July 19, 2006)
Old     (rmitchell242)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-19-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
hahahahahahaha this is some funny shiat

60 boats all day
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
With the amount of polution I have seen in some parts of Ca I'm not suprised there are limits. A couple of the lakes here in Phoenix have limits as determined by the amount of space in the parking lot. So don't think you're alone!

There's no way they run a reservation system. You're just gonna have to turn up and see.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
I guess I would not have near the problem had they implemented a reservation systemm I could utilize. Now I have to call ahead and hope for the best. I would also not be suprised about this condition on a weekend, but a weekday is crazy. They talk all this crap about the whole obesity epidemic, GIMME A PLACE TO WORK OUT THEN!

I would also like to see some irrefutable evidence showing that boats are polluting the water enough to require this "rule". I think the real deal is that the sierra club has their panties in a bunch and goes after the easiest non-organized groups: Boaters and OHV'ers.

Other topic rant:
I am also pretty aware of current issues regarding most OHV activities. When we fought for rights to ride metcalf's MX track year round (just the track no trails PLUS an increase in fees for red stickered bikes) with a red sticker it was overturned the following month, WTF! Whats the point of voicing an opinion in numbers FAR greater than those opposing it and still getting shut down. I thought we lived in a democracy? I am so seriously sick of the inefficient and poor governing of CA's OHV and boating areas.

End Rant
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-19-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
thats funny, I love Texas.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
Ya, Metcalf is pretty rediculous..not only do you have to go pay and ride (not a super big deal) but the ranger wanted us to work for an hour up there moving bleachers around on the MX track and on the beginners oval.. WTF??? its not like the county doesnt have money to move some bleachers around..

Calero is tiny though.. its almost a huge waist of time to go there.. you always have anderson that is usually pretty empty on weekdays other than fridays.. we are heading out there tomorrow around 3...
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2006, 11:14 PM Reply   
Isaac: I am blanking on his name, but one of the rangers is a former factory support rider. We were out there one day talking to some local pro's about it. Sure enough my buddy and I chatted it up with him one day when the track was flooded. Next time I was riding I heard a strange sound catching me. It was him on his xr400! Nothing funnier than watching a park ranger on an xr400 haulin the mail.

I am pretty down to help the local scene regarding putting in time at the track. Back when I rode a lot we used to spend close to an hour watering the track if no one else was there to help. If we could only talk them into letting a couple of us use a trencher it would be on! I know a group of guys that would have the entire irrigation for that track trenched in about a week! Imagine, no more metcalf hard pack, all loam baby!
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-20-2006, 4:26 AM Reply   
Sorry to here about your pain Cali.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-20-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
Hey, you just gotta launch the boat before work and show back up at 6. You'll get all the butter you want. LOL. Yeah, it's a stupid rule.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-20-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
At least they let boats on your reservoirs up there. Most of the drinking water reservoirs in Southern California are flat out closed to water contact.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
Matt,

What we need to do and would be cool is meet up at metcalf in the am with the bikes and boat, ride in the AM before it gets 110, then hit the lake... thats the ultimate day for me!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-20-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
there are pretty much no rules in minnesota. Its a freaking free for all! Kegs on boats, high speed drop out off the tower. You dont even have to wear a life jacket in MN, you just have to have on for the rider in the boat. it blows me away when I go to cali for the winters all the laws they have governing the waterways.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
60 boat limit * $11 launch fee = 660.00 to have the lake to myself, lol. We could probably set up a day for a few of us to have that lake to ourselves. Maybe 10 people (66 bucks a person plus boat gas), 3 boats and six skis to take pics, lol.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
im down.. lol.. couple of my friends have skis and im sure a couple of people would love to get on this "group buy" for a private lake day
Old    pitbull813            07-20-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
All I have to say is that living on a private lake freakin' rocks !!!!

p.s. Isaac what are the specs on your sound system. Just wondering cuz I have the same boat. I'm getting ready to put a system in mine.
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-20-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
Some rules are good. A lake we frequent doesn't allow any PWC's. All that shows up in the morning are dingy's with fishermen, and a few other WB boats. Once all the hangover's are done (around 11am), all the loonies show up with their tubes and we leave.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2006, 10:42 PM Reply   
Derrick,

Wetbox with 4 polk DB690s in the tower, replaced the interior speakers with Polk DB650s, infinity 10" sub flush mounted into the kickboard under the dash. 1000 Watt amp.

That kick area is all hollow inside. its filled with foam that you have to dig out.. its extremely messy, but it makes a perfect enclosure for a 10" sub. you just have to mount it a little low because of the depth for a magnet.