Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-09-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
Hey, I'm from Longview (little hick-ass town an hour north of Portland, OR) and I was wondering if anyone else on here is even remotely close. When I go wakeboarding, it's usually me and a couple people to watch, but nobody else really rides too much so it gets a little boring. Just wondering if anyone else is around here that would like to come and ride.
Old     (fifitrixabelle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-09-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
Vancouver here. Although we haven't been out much lately hence the coldness of the water :-) Hopefully soon!!!
Old    nathankramer            02-09-2005, 5:44 PM Reply   
I'm in portland, but always looking for a ride. Email me if you need a third.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-09-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
Still hittin it in Tacoma!
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-11-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
Was out on Mason Lake last weekend
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-11-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
My family had a place on Mason Lake! It's funny to think about how big it seemed... and then one moves to CA.
I learned to wakeboard on Black Lake in Olympia.
One thing is for sure, I do not miss the rain.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-11-2005, 10:07 AM Reply   
hahaha, yeah rain sucks up here. although i've had some of the best wakeboarding ever in march and october. the entire river was absolute glass smooth, and we only saw 1 boat all day long, and they were coming in as we went out. the only thing is you have to wear a wetsuit during the early and late months, or dockstart and hope you don't fall.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-11-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
Dockstart to beach is the best way to go up here in October. Lloyd check out Lake Merwin east of Woodland, last time I was there it was good riding. Might get crowded in the summer though. They got a great rope swing off a bridge near the channel too.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-11-2005, 6:16 PM Reply   
Gary, I went to Mason Lake last summer. I have a friend that works for Simpson and we camped on the Simpson campground at the south? end of the lake. Awesome lake! Watched what looked like pros out there.
Noticed on your profile that you live in Port Orchard. I just finished a job out there. It was the Washington Veterans Home on Retsil rd. Spent 19 months on that project as a carpenter foreman/lead. Nice area.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-12-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
I love Lake Merwin. that place is absolutely fantastic... exept when you get there at 10 am and the water is already shot to hell because of all the idiots with kids screaming up and down the lake with tubes. yeah, i looooove the rope swing they have way up the lake off the bridge. lots of fun for a nice relazing day. i guess if you go to the very... west end i guess it is, that the water is usually pretty nice. i love that lake though.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-13-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
Took the boat to Port Orchard today and did some ridin. Had a good time only out a couple hours. Buddy took a pretty good header. Kinda went down like a lawn dart. Gave himself a little bit of a shiner and a fat lip. Small price to pay to progress in the sport. Having the lake to yourself is bad a#s!!!
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-14-2005, 2:05 AM Reply   
hahaha, that's gotta hurt. i hate taking head shots. last summer i hit my face pretty good and for some reason my jaw collapsed together very crooked and I got a good chip off of a tooth, along with a good headache for the night.