Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone ever rides here. I always see nice boats but very few people actually riding. Its a pretty good party spot so maybe that scares off or incapacitates some riders.Upload
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-17-2006, 4:49 PM Reply   
I lost my virginity on the golf course 7th hole! Lol! Last time I was there there was a ton of milfoil there. I used to stay at the Kidders place there. Great Water!
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-17-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
I have ridden there many times. That beach you took the pic of is just the local spot for people to party I think. Definately good water there until the wind starts then you better have a kite! I remember being out there one night coming back to the dock and wondering how far you would fall and how wet you would get after every wave, it can get nasty!

There was ton of milfoil that I recall as well there especially in the cove. Just stay a little deeper and you don't have to be scared of it.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
That is rad hahn. I bet your not the only one. let me know if you want to go back. I can hook up a place to stay. Super kid friendy too.haha.Upload
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
milfoil is bad in the cove but there are usually 5 people surfing and 8 tubers there anyway. there is hardly any milfoil once you get out on the columbia. You really have to watch those sand bars though. We watched one boat after another drive right up onto the bar. Its only about 2 ft deep as far as 600 ft from shore.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-17-2006, 5:20 PM Reply   
milfoil?
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
Def: 1)the lubricant that comes from moms you like to _ _ _ _ ! or milfs 2) nasty seaweed like plant that grows thick in some lakes and rivers. Can be passed from lake to lake easily if boats aren't cleaned. its rampant in washington but its not going to kill you. Its just slimy and gross.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-17-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
It is usually glass in the mornings till about 9 maybe 10. On the weekends boats start tubing and screwing around so the water gets fairly rough. Then the wind almost always picks up around 1 or 2 and is bad by 4 or 5. That picture is of White Sands. It is a small sand dune that comes out of the side of the cliff and makes a little cove. there is quite a bit of milfoil there, but it just where everybody parks their boats on the weekend. on Memorial day weekend and Labor day weekend the place is zoo. Probably 500 a couple hundred boats lined 2 deep around the sand dune. It is more a place to show off lour 50k boat. There is some pretty crazy stuff that happens. There are usually a couple of guys that bring there 30 foot fountains out so they can do 70mph 2 miles down the river to get to white sands. I wouldn't take any children there on those weekends. You have to be aware of the sand bars, but with any amount of comman sense you are fine. You can actually see white sands from the Gorge amphitheater. It is suppose to be 102 this weekend in George which is probably 500' higher than the river.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
Crescent Bar is great during the week...
White Sands is actually Quilomene Bay
Here is a couple shots from the top of the sandbar.
Upload

Upload

(Message edited by kirk on July 17, 2006)
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2006, 7:23 PM Reply   
I don't think I have ever seen white sands look like that. Is that hunting season.?haha. you are right about the fountain boats though. I am not a big fan of those boats but as a man something about those huge motors burning up 10 gallons a minute does get me fired up.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-17-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
Here's a picture of me at cresent bar in 1988! Lol! I had to post it again. It was when I was skinny....
Upload
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-17-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
C'mon Hahn that isn't you????

Hillard is that your little one on the surf board?
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
Hahn, that is the best picture of you. Is that a tri hull bayliner you are piloting? Oh yeah by the way...bonnie was 8 in 1988. feel old now? I do.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-17-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
Don't diss the Bayliner buddy!
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
Scotty, what up? yes that is our daughter Brooke at 11 months. She will be 1 year this weekend. she loves the beach and boat so hopefully she will get on board with the boarding asap. haha
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
Oh, I am not dissin. you are old school. I love it. the days when skiers wore hot pink and orange and loved it. I remember it well. I have similar pics at entiat from 91 or 92.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-17-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
Check the conditions we had last week in my post Mike.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-18-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
bastards!
Old     (jifffy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-19-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
I go atleast a few times every summer! Great little vacation spot.