Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (rileyg)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-17-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
This weekend I was on the water and I decided I would try a hs fs 3. I didn't give the handle pass any thought at all. Bad idea. As soon as I began the rotation I let go of the rope. I landed and caught a huge edge and smashed my face harder than I ever have before. If I make sure to pass the handle properly next time will I avoid smashing my face?
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       07-17-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
Probably not, could even be worse. the falls on 3's can be harsh. Check the trick tips, the only way to avoid the hard falls is to stay on axis. The "book" would be a wise investment, before you just start hucking these blindly
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
I found those falls to be rare when learning 3s. But sometimes forcing a handle pass can be just as bad. You have to get the handle in super close to your rear hip. You can edge up the wake holding the handle in close, or you can yank the handle in hard (with both hands) to your hip after you pop, and then spin. Keeping the handle close to your body is the most important part.

Turn your head and pull the handle around your back. After the pass, the boat will unwind you the last 180. If your pop is good you shouldn't have to rush it.

(Message edited by jarrod on July 17, 2006)
Old     (msasser)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-17-2006, 9:54 PM Reply   
i was just trying this for the first time at a lesson. He wanted me to work on getting huge pop, for the trick. This was more important than anything else. The more pop i got, the more time i had to throw the trick, also, as long as it was lots of pop, and i wasnt charging the wake like crazy, the fall was way less painful. the last time i tried, i caught a heal edge on the landing and i charged the wake way harder than i should have, my whole body went numb for about 2 minutes, it sucked. but i suggest maybe shortening the rope so you dont have be going crazy fast to land wake to wake. then pop, pull, pass. good luck.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
sounds like you were getting good instruction. You want to cut in nice a slow and pop straight up as high as you can.