Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (echo_parker)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-16-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Tim,

I just bought an 08 Malibu 247, my concern is the head room so I decided to go with either the MB8's or Pro 80X and Pro 60X in some sort of combination to be mounted on the side of the XS tower. My question is; which would be a better set up, 1 set of MB8's and 1 set of 60's or 1 set of 80's and 60's? One of your staff said I would not be able to mount MB8's and Pro 80's on the sides of the XS tower together is that true?
I just would like to know the best set up for the tower without speakers on the center of the tower. I just want a nice full sound out of the tower speakers.

I will run adequate power to the speakers.

Tim I really appreciate your help and your products.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Anthony, you may want to email him direct to get a quicker response.
twhite@wetsounds.com
Old     (echo_parker)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-16-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
Thank you, I really appreciate it.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-16-2008, 4:13 PM Reply   
If you are set on Wetsounds go with the MB-8s and the 60s or the 80s. 80s should fit but it will be slightly covering the front of the mb-8 when looking at it from the swim deck.
Old     (echo_parker)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-16-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
If I could fit the MB8's and Pro 80's I would do that. I was told they wont fit together on the sides of the tower.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-16-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
I need to correct myself. Two sets of the 80s or a 80s and MB-8s will not fit the standard mounting locations on the illusion. You can run two sets of pro60s or 60s with MB-8s mounted to the top location. The alternative to this is mounting the MB-8s in the standard location and the pro80s on the cross bar with the optional swivel mount.

Here are some pictures taken off this site and malibu crew:

Upload

4 Pro 60s ^^^^^^^

Upload

4 Pro 80s or 80s and MB8s^^^^^^^^

Upload

You can fit the Bullet 770s to the factory location ^^^^^^^^