Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       02-12-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
I drained the oil on my 94 Sport Nautique yesterday. I found a a decent amount of water when I drained the oil. It was not mixed, milky, or chauky. It seemed to have either gotten there during winter or somehow. I did drain all the exhaust manifold, engine water compartments, and all other hoses necessary for winterization. Should I be alarmed? Shold I be looking for a blown head gasket, manifold gasket???? any ideas what this could be from. Any info would be grreatly appreciated.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
could it have been from condensation?
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       02-12-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
thats what I am hoping. Maybe It has always been there I just have never looked. My girlfriends dad is the one that ppointed it out to me when we were draining the oil into a different container. Seemed a lttle much to be condensation but then again I dont know much about how much water would condense in a motor over a given amount of time but i would not think it to be very much.?
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-12-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
couple things-- would only me milky/chaulky if the water/oil had been mixed. if they are separate, it is most likely condensation. however, condensation should not be that noticeable-- not a very large amount. another thing, if it is a head gasket, the engine should have to of been hot for the water to have "leaked" past,,, due to the fact the cracked head or blown gasket would "open" up... how much water would you say was drained out, in reference to amount of oil?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-12-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
"when we were draining the oil into a different container"

Was the first container clean? Could the water have come from it? How much water are we talking about here, like an approximate measurement? Has the boat been overheated? How does it run?

Would hate to hear of issues with your boat. Most likely it is something simple. Run it and check it often for water in the oil. There shouldn't be any from condensation. Intakes can leak, along with other simple fixes. If it is infact from the cooling system I would devise a way to pressurize it to tell from where it is leaking, before disasembly.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       02-12-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
yeah....,hmmm not quite sure what to think about it. It definately was not mixed and it was about 12-24 oz. Not sure but that seems about right. I have never seen my oil come out blurpy like it was. Part thick then thin(water)then thick. I dont know. I am going to call central valley marine in the morning or cal west coast correct craft. I sure it is fine and the guy at Larson said to run it and see. I guess put the fake a lake to it and see after a while of running if my oil level rises.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-12-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
12-24 oz? Of water?! 16 oz is a quart! If you had a quart of water, it definitely was NOT condensation!
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       02-12-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
False alrm sorry folks.... I just realized that the water may have come from water draining out the plug hole. I had left the pan under the boat while it drained, then went on to wash down the hul with a hose. Water may have got into the pan. We'll see. Lets hope anyway
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-13-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
Right on, man... If you start it up and find a milkshake like substance on the dipstick then you have something to worry about. Otherwise, it shouldn't be anything.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       02-13-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
thanks....I was worried there for a bit. But it was wierd because it was not mixed. I am sure that is what happened. Thanks everyone. Sorry to freak out....I wass worried I was looking at some repairs. All good though....lets ride!
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-13-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
Glad to hear the origin of the water. I'm sure it was a typo by Dennis, but 16 oz is a pint.

Jman