Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (jmunday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-22-2006, 5:47 PM Reply   
need some advice. I want to raise my rope somehow but im just not sure about puting holes in my boat. so whats the difference in the pylons and towers other than the obvious. how do they differ when being pulled behind?
Old    358army            03-22-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
to get your rope up there your gonna have to put holes in no matter what, the only difference between the 2 is cost.... with a pole you will notice the boat leaning side to side more when a rider cuts out, a lot less with a tower, and a tower is out of the way.... check out this website... www.roswellwakeair.com they're great
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-22-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
Monster Tower. Very Easy Install. Worth every penny and one of the most reasonable priced towers. I put mine on a 1994 18" Sea Ray Bow Rider and I love it.
Old    walt            03-22-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
I'm not sure what Brad is talking about when he says you'll have to drill holes with both.
I had a Skylon pylon (no holes drilled) and it was a pain in the ass.

I got sick of messing with the Skylon and bought a monster tower and loved it.
Old    murrayair            03-22-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
If you can afford the tower go for it, it's worth it. If you can't, a high pole will do fine. I rode behind a boat with a high pole for 3 years and was able to get just as much air off my wake as I could behind boats equipped with towers which had the same size wake. I have a tower now, and the biggest advantage is that it frees up a ton of room.
Old     (jmunday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-22-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
i have a 1992 ski ray boat which has a factory ski pylon so i could slip the pylon extender over that I think? if that helps any, so i think walt is right i would'nt have to drill holes in with that aplication
Old    358army            03-23-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
sorry i was talking about if there is no exsisting pylon you would have to drill some holes....
Old     (gr8n8)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-23-2006, 9:51 PM Reply   
Check out this web site www.xmpinc.com They have a sweet tower at a great price. I bought mine and it was under 1400.00 dollars.It came with 2 racks, 2 lights and a mirror.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-24-2006, 1:52 AM Reply   
Nate that website is funny, they spelled "Shredder" wrong. Clearly someone didn't watch enough Ninja Turtles when they were younger.

Josh, my dads boat still has a pole and the biggest deal is that the rider can pull the boat all over the place. The driver has to be on hi/her A-game at all times. Towers are much more stable, free up space but clearly cost 4x the pole. AS for holes in the boat, nothing to worry about. A $900(or whatever they go for now) Monster Tower would increase your boats value far down the road and be very worth it for the rides sake, space and cool factor.
Old     (fyrdawg29)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-24-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
Go with a tower. Big Heavy is right on....
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-27-2006, 4:26 AM Reply   
A pole will not pull the boat over more than a tower if the rope point is in the same place.

It doesn't matter if the lever is placed centrally or is its spread over the width of the hull, the physics are still the same.
Old     (bprince)      Join Date: May 2005       03-27-2006, 6:59 AM Reply   
You may want to check out www.joystickpylons.com. I recently got the Roll Cage Tower for $500.00 and have been very impressed with the quality. It also folds down very easily. The Monster Tower is a bit more stylish, but in my opinion, not enough to double the price.
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-27-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
Josh,
We had our boat for years before i added a tower. The pole was okay for a while until my son progressed. But now i'll never look back. Everything is off the floor. Just take the plunge, it's worth it!
Old     (ssg)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-27-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
I've had a pylon on my boat for years now....but it's a pain in the butt. I'd spend the extra money for a tower, you'll be happier in the long run. I'm about ready to switch out.
Just my $.02