Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-26-2004, 10:11 PM Reply   
I have a Sony In Dash CD with Multi MP3 changer, and two wired marine remotes...

All of the functions work on the In Dash Unit.

All of the functions work on the remotes except when I try and change CD's. It just turns off. I have to use the in dash unit to change CD's.

I have checked all of the plugs... any ideas?

Help!!!
Old    tigejohn21i            05-27-2004, 10:33 PM Reply   
Unhook the wired remotes and try it. I had a remote that got water in it and it was shorting.. it kept putting the head unit into demo mode.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2004, 11:02 PM Reply   
I did some playing around and it appears that as soon as i plug in the mini stereo jack y-adapter... the unit no longer turns off... now it doesnt let me change discs... the track +/- changes tracks... and so does the disc +/-.... I am thinking I need a diode inline so the remotes dont send information back and forth???? the bus cable sends the information and power to the remotes... what does the mini stereo jack supply?
Old    tigejohn21i            05-28-2004, 7:03 AM Reply   
How are plugging all of your devices in? Do you have an Aux Input Adapter? If not, take a look at XA-300 at crutchfield.com. It allows you to route all of your inputs such as remotes, changers etc to it, then you run a unilink from the Aux device to the head unit. That's how I've got all of my extras connected. I don't think you can run two remotes via a Y cable...