Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-22-2009, 11:02 PM Reply   
So im fully aware that he is no longer on the CWB team for certain reasons now. But where is he now? Has he picked up any sponsors? Has he stepped away from the scene? Maybe someone can answer this question!
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-23-2009, 2:17 AM Reply   
i heard he was riding SINE
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-23-2009, 3:48 AM Reply   
What are the certain reasons? Please do tell...
I love to hear why another top rider left cwb hahaha
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-23-2009, 4:46 AM Reply   
Im pretty sure he lft because He didnt get a pro modle and was pissed about it
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       09-23-2009, 5:03 AM Reply   
what other top riders has cwb lost? Other than Jeff House....who else is there? I like the way Corey holds himself on and off the water, but if he left becasue of a pro model deal thats just childish. (But I guess if Gabe Lucas has one, I would be do) But at the same time you need to look at your career and I dont think pitching a fit and leaving any company becasue you dont get your way is just crazy right now (i.e. Chris Oshea) Not a lot of companies are picking up and paying riders due to the economy. So if hes going to SINE, more power to him for getting in with a company at the begining. But honestly doesnt anyone think that SINE, Humanoid, or any other of the new small compaines are going to last. Hell even GATOR Boards couldnt afford a booth at expo this year and is marketing a lot of the 09' products for 10'. So honesly in my opinion, if Corey left due to a pro model, I think it was a bad move because at the end of the day if your not getting paid from sponsors to live your lifestlye, there is not more lifestyle for you to live and its back to the ol 9to5. So I would have sucked it up and dried my tears. But this is all based on it being a promodel issue....so if it not then this doesnt apply to Corey, its just a general statment.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-23-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
I personally wouldn't leave any board company because of a lack of pro models. (With the exception that I know for a fact that another board company would not only take me but also give me a pro model) If thats truly what Corey decided to do, then thats his decision to make.

Whereas the small companies go. I think they may have a chance. Its more about managing your money, then the size of your company. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

What happened with Oshea?
Old     (verdadla12)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-23-2009, 7:07 AM Reply   
He did not leave because he wasn't getting a pro model.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-23-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
Ohsea signed with company. That was a great move for him.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-23-2009, 7:31 AM Reply   
Verdad has more credibility than anyone else posting here so far. I would imagine that actually IS someone in the know who registered simply to disspell the rumors that take off.

Corey is an awesome rider and whatever's going on with his sponsors he'd be a great addition on any wake team out there. Class act on and off the water.

"I heard he lost a dance-off to Zane Schwenk and after he got served he quit the CWB team".

Amazes me some of the rumors that stem from threads like these.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-23-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
haha I heard they were breakdance fighting
Old     (sideswipeproductions)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-23-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
If it's on the internet it's gotta be true, huh?

Anyway, Corey came over to Watson's yesterday for a ride, so yes, he's still riding. From what I gathered he still hasn't got a board sponsor though. Kinda sucks that some of the guys who are that talented are getting left in the dark at the moment. It's rough out there right now.

Oh, and that BS in Lee's post about Chris'O is exactly that.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-23-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
He ran his mouth about CWB boards and Zane found out... with company's sponsorship $$ so limited now it was a bad move.

I'm quite comfortable saying the above because its from a credible source... but I had heard a "rumor" he was riding with Hype but I can't substantiate that one.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-23-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
In Knoxville, he was riding a Marek, and Dano announced that he was riding for Rusty M. He got broke off on the fun box, gashed his ankle, got it wrapped, and finished his run. Advanced to the next round. Gained much respect from me.
Old     (roy_munson)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-23-2009, 11:24 AM Reply   
Well, I guess I cant blame him. CWB boards do suck! Horrid shapes. Horrid graphics.
Old     (skyler_25)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-23-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
Why the hate? ^^^ a board is a board. but C-dub all the way. haha
Old     (roy_munson)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-23-2009, 11:56 AM Reply   
Thank god this industry has more than one board company!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-23-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
Odd.... A lot of people feel the same way about Sling Shot. Thanks for your quality input Roy.

Pretty sure Corey didn't just leave CWB.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-23-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
^ Hey now.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-23-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
On Corey's Facebook it says he is in Florida. That's where he is now.
End Discussion
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-23-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
Haha.
...but, what if thats what he wants us to think.
he could be right behind you, right now.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-23-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
ya evan slingshot boards snap all the time.....
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-23-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
I'll ask him where hes at for ten bucks.

(Message edited by woreout on September 23, 2009)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-23-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
I like nicks thinking here maybe some kinda McGrubber thing!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-23-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
Billy, I see you've upped your prices for personal favors... lots of guys I know are going to be very upset.

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on September 23, 2009)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-23-2009, 1:34 PM Reply   
HaHa limp lover
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-23-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
Yes, Corey did get the boot from c-dub because he did not represent cwb in a positive way at a certain event.

P.S. Leave it to a flex guy to talk sh** about a real wakeboard. lol
Old     (chase2blind)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-25-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
He told me he is coming to the Liquid Force Party this Saturday the 26th at House of Beer in Orlando. sure he would be stoked to party with everyone!
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       09-25-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
hey codi, that leaves and open spot for you on the CDUB team, your a pretty possitive fellow, most days! haha
Old     (bill_c)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-25-2009, 8:07 PM Reply   
its true.

Corey Bradley is in Australia, what ever the reason he left it is his reason if he wants to tell everybody he will. I cant say the same for OShea.

Definately Corey Bradley is in Australia.
Old     (corey_bradley)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-27-2009, 7:35 AM Reply   
Hey Guys, well this is my first post on WW.

Well, you guys obviously know that I am not riding for CWB anymore, and I haven't been since May. Some of you are saying the reason is because I didn't get a pro model board. Well thats not the case at all, maybe if I were some stubborn little , but that not the case. Yes Codi Northam, some of your statement is true about getting into it at a certain event, but what people as yourself do not know is the rest of the story. I am going to keep my professionalism for my sake and CWB's sake and just say that things were not working out at the time, and there was some frustrations there for me. It was a situation that involved both parties.

I must say however, I do miss all the guys at CWB, from the people at the factory, to all the guys on the team. They are a great company.

Moving on....I was riding a Hyperlite Marek for most of the PWT. I love that board, I feel its hard to make a really good big board, for bigger guys, and Hyperlite nailed it with the Marek. Its so good, especially the 146.

I also rode a SINE wakeboard for a little while, and let me tell you, that thing is pretty sick, and I spoke with Zach at SINE and he got me dialed in on a board that is exactly like I wanted it. Its a good board, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Oh and thanks Bill C.

Oh and yes, I am living in Orlando and I am still riding, I am not done wakeboarding, and I also currently do not have a board sponsor, which sucks, so If anyone has any recommendations on which board to ride, that would be helpful.

Corey Bradley
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-27-2009, 9:36 AM Reply   
I was waiting for Corey to jump in here and set the record streight. Class act and as nice a guy as you will ever meet, someone will pick him up, too good a rider and person not to.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-27-2009, 10:20 AM Reply   
It's nice to hear from Corey himself. Best of luck to him and whoever picks him up with have one heck of a rider.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-28-2009, 12:05 AM Reply   
I was also wondering if corey was gonna post too! You never know which pros actually take the time to read what everyone is sayin on ww!

Corey- So are you not in australia like what bill said? Good luck to finding a sponsor man, we all know you kill it out there, at least the ones who've seen your riding!
Old     (dgs)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-28-2009, 12:15 AM Reply   
That corked back seven he does is just plain Radical
Old     (manda)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-28-2009, 3:10 AM Reply   
i think corey should ride the melissa! great board! dooo it!!
Old     (bill_c)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-28-2009, 10:41 PM Reply   
hey dont let corey tell you he is in Orlando.

he is in Australia
Old     (corey_bradley)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-29-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
Bill is correct, I am in Australia at the moment. The weather is starting to get nice and I am ready for another summer. Endless summer is where its at.

Check out Chads website. There is a little vid of riding a couple weeks ago. This was my first time riding in about 6 weeks.
chadsharpe.blogspot.com/

David, check it out, there is a back 7 in there for ya
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-29-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
def will check it out!
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-30-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
Right on Corey thanks for setting the record straight....I've always been a huge fan ever since hanging with Tino, JD, Kyle and You and at Walt's house for the weekend of Wake Games a few years back...Super nice guy with his head on straight keep up the good work