Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (christopher)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2006, 11:42 AM Reply   
We have an 06 Landlock and we have had 2 of our fins break off while riding... The fins are the big surf style they are probably 6-8 inches long... We are stumped and it always happens on riders who aren't doing tricks... just surfing... anyone else had any problems like this?
Old     (jrodhyco)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
The screws are too short and the holes are too short (if that makes sense). Bascially it is a piece of crap board. Spend some money and get a Inland or Shred Stixx.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-10-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
Had the same problem and the fins have been on backorder all summer. Really bummed. I'll prob glass the fins on when they arrive.

In the meantime, I've picked up the Inland Yellow and Blue. Great boards!
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-10-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
We just had the same problem this weekend. Only one fin off. We still rode it. We also have the Inland Surfer Yello and love it.
Old     (christopher)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
We have the Landlock and a Phase Five and a red tide and a huge 7 foot surf board the problem is my parents and most of the girls that come cant ride the phase five or the red tide and the real surf board is too big for everyone under 250 pounds. so the landlock is probably the most used board on the boat.
Old     (jrodhyco)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
We put regular 1.3 hyperlite wakeboard fins on and it works fine.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-10-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
We had a 2005 Landlock that did that a couple times on one side, took it to our local shop, and they just gave us some broadcast fins or coex fins, about 3-4 inches deep. Tracks just as good, and doesnt break anymore. But a shorter board is more fun anyhow, so now ou have an excuse to get one
Old     (johnw)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-12-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
Yeah we have a hyperlite landlock also and we have broke off the fins as well. I have to say that the screws that they send suck. The board rides ok...my wife likes the board. Try using stainless steel screws of the same size. They have been working better but the mounting is problematic. I tried using some rainbow fins but of course hyperlite does not use a standard screw spread or a "box" system like surfboards. They had to use their own screw spread.
Old    mtripper            08-12-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
We have one and the screws were not even long enough to put the fins on. I just took them to the local hardware store and got 4 stainless replacements that were 1/2" longer and it worked fine. We like the board for beginners but it's pretty bad when you can't attach the fins out of the box.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-14-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
I just had the same thing happen to me sunday. One fin started to lay over. A friend caught it and we straightened it out but I dont think it'll be long before it happens again. Think I might go to a local shop and do the same thing you did Tyler. Let go of the rope for my first time though!! Rode for about 50 yards. It was RAD!