Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-23-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
Hey Guys,
I was thinking about putting a drive and play in my boat. I was wondering what everyone's experiece with these things is. Do you have moisture problems and them giving out. I know hoe they work and have been impressed with the functionality but I just want to know how they hold up. Thanks
Preston
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-23-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
I have something like this installed in my boat which has worked great as it keeps the ipod charged and I can just stuff it under the dash if it starts to rain.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8922_PAC+iC-RCA.html

I did, however, just install the HK drive + play in my commuter car the other week. It works pretty well, but my biggest complaint is that it acts very sporadically when I want to use it with the car off or w/o the engine running. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I can't figure out why. I am only using the cig lighter for power instead of tapping into a power and ground though. Hopefully others who use it in a boat w/o the motor running all the time don't have that problem. All in all, for 20 bucks it works ok. I wouldn't expect it to hold up to any amount of water at all though. It is made pretty cheaply, but for 20 bucks you can replace it easily if you get caught in a storm.