Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    rea_litycheck            10-07-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
There is a group of people going around stating how they were "invited" to participate in the World Championships in Spain, when in fact they did not even make the team. Doesn't that take away from those that DID make the team? I think that it is like me saying that I was invited to be in the Olympics just because I have the money to go. Just my two cents
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-07-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
The way it works is this: There was an eight person team that was actually "invited" to represent the USA. But the AWA wants as many people they can to come to the event, so they are inviting as many people as possible to come. These other people are going as independants and do not represent the USA. But they are totally invited to come.
Old    rea_litycheck            10-07-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
Thanks for clarifying Mr Conway, I know that your son made the team, so hearing it from you validates it. This group and their neurotic leader just try and make more of themselves than they really are. I don't think that the "total havek" they create is good for the sport. again, my two cents
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-07-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
"I don't think that the "total havek" they create is good for the sport."

hahahahahaha.......too funny.
Old    lovin_my_kids            10-07-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
WOW!!!!It is a sad day when people slam others in their same sport.If you are so bold to make an accusation regarding the Team Total Havek, back it up and take pride in your two cents. Total Havek is comprised of a bunch a kids whom ride together and train together.
The nuerotic "leader" is a man who spends a great amount of his time and money helping kids advance in this sport. What is really a shame is that he takes his time to teach kids how to be the best that they can be. Does he charge, NO!!!! If you constitue 20.00 a day for food, gas, lodging and training than I guess he charges. Anthony Racinelli has helped many kids in this sport, it is offensive to me, first of all because he is my husband and the father of my children, but most of all because he has put others in front of his family for the last three years. My son A.J. and daughter Alexis, have a dream and we as parents support their dream, we changed everything in our lives to help them acheive their dream so if we are guilty of anything it is believing in the acheivement of Goals. Not only for our kids but other kids as well. Total Havek is a team name and that is it if you take it out of its context then that is your doing. This is a sad day!!!! The hurt that this has caused my family is unbelievable. My daughter has been accused of doing drugs because she was picked up by gatorboards, she is 12 years old, how pathetic is that. Do I go online and start a discussion about that. No! My son A.J. shattered his whole upper jaw area on Sept. 4th. he is so dedicated to his dream that he was back on the water three days later. We support everyone in this industry, but lately it seems as though we are targets, you are talking about kids, do you understand that. Yes their are 4 kids going to Spain to ride in the event, it is a chance of a lifetime, but they are independant riders, to make a false accusation saying they are invited to participate in the World Championships in Spain they are telling the truth, they have been invited, and they are going. We are excited to be able to go and let our kids experience something different, we can afford it big deal we work hard it is our business if we choose to participate. Please before you make such accusations regarding other children, make sure you have your facts straight and take pride and ownership in your opinion and don't hide behind a name like realitycheck.
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-07-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
Angela,

Have faith in your own opinion of your family. Do not let the negative opinion or words of others cause you harm. Just keep (lovin your kids). Good luck in Spain.

tim
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-07-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
Angela, Right on. Myself and Tony have been fortunate enough to be able to spend time with you and your family at your home as guest. I Do agree that Anthony is a very passionate person when it comes to His Family and the dreams of not only his children but the children of many other peoples kids when it comes to wakeboarding. Anthony would drive that boat all day long if that is what it took for the kids to be able to ride as much as they needed. During all of this Anthony's own children have to give up allot. Instead of having all the time to ride and be with there Dad that they want, they have to ride when it is their turn. I am not saying that it is bad. I am just saying that Anthony gives allot to all the kids. He spends allot of money to make sure that his kids and other peoples kids can become all they can be. The Team Total Havek thing. I don't understand why people have such a problem with it. The kids all ride together and push each other to give there all in there riding. The parents that ride have fun and those that don't ride still enjoy themselves. I hope that if i was to consider Tony and Myself as part of the Team we would not have to face any hard feelings from anyone. We are friends of Wakeboarding first and for most.
As far as Spain and the AWA Tony was invited because he was a wakeboarder just like everyone else. I don't understand how the fact that one group of very lucky kids get to go and compete in another country should ever upset anyone. And for those very few people that it does bother, for some reason, To post it on WakeWorld serves no purpose other then to try and judge another family because there Father is a very passionate and dedicated Father and a true friend to many. I can never fault a person for that.

(Message edited by dadthedriver on October 07, 2004)
Old    sbvfive            10-07-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
The negative vibes on this board are gettin out of hand. I think that its funny how every argumant is started by someone with less than 2 total posts and a fake hotmail account.

Lets get some positivity flowin.
Old    sbvfive            10-07-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
Just to clarify, realitycheck, don't hate because parents love and support their children.
Old    lovin_my_kids            10-07-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
Thank you Ben, I love you guys, and really enjoyed myself with you and Tony. Thank you so much for all your words of wisdom this past weekend. Look forward to seeing you guys in Arizona, this winter, Love ya bunches.
Ange
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-07-2004, 3:25 PM Reply   
Just to clarify I was laughing at the statement made by Ree Alitycheck and how asinine it was. I apologize if anyone took it the wrong way. It was not my intentions to put anyone down, or to hurt anyone or their feelings. I would never put anyone in our wakeboard club down, I consider our wakeboard club as a second FAMILY to me, and I would never intentionally hurt anyone in my FAMILY. Once again I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Anthony and his family are VERY DEDICATED to the sport and it shows. I know the C.L.W.C. and myself appreciate all the help and hard work Team Total Havok contributes to each and everyone one of the CLWC wakeboard tournaments.

Yours truly,
Shawn
Old    lovin_my_kids            10-07-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
Shawn,
Thank you so much for your response, it means alot to all of us.
Ange

Tim,
I take your advice to heart, I hope that my post doesn't come across as an angry mom, I just know the hurt this has caused my family and whole team of Total Havek. Thank you for your words of encouragement.
Ange
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-07-2004, 4:15 PM Reply   
Angela, don't let this ridiculous post hurt your feelings or those of your family. There are always going to be haters and it usually stems from jealousy. I am new to the sport and am not familiar with "Team Total Havoc" but anything to help the kids of the sport is O.K. in my book. Tell your husband to keep up the good work.

On a side note, is your dance company for all ages or just kids? My wife is looking to get back into dance and is looking for a local place?
Old    rea_litycheck            10-07-2004, 4:58 PM Reply   
Blah, blah, blah, I didn't say anything about the kids Angela. I merely find it nauseating how you both ramble on and on and on and on and on to anybody that will listen, and to even those that don't want to listen. I really don't even know you, but I have been at the pro stops where you were. Your kids are fine. I never brought them up as far as opening up a discussion about your daughter?? what did you just do? I am done with you and all your ranting and raving.
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-07-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
So let me get this straight, you are upset because Angela and Anthony are always trying to hype up the kids that they "sponsor so to speak" at these events. In that case Hyperlight and Liquid Force and all the other manufacturers need to shut up about all their riders. GROW UP!

" This Group and their neurotic leader just try and make more of themselves than they really are."

Sounds to me like you are attacking the kids!

(Message edited by whitewookie on October 07, 2004)
Old    gatorgurlaz            10-07-2004, 7:16 PM Reply   
first of all re alitycheck u need to come out in the open what is your name because it looks like to me that you are hidding behind your screenname so come on who ever you are come out and say it we all want to know who you are
Old    gatorgurlaz            10-07-2004, 7:18 PM Reply   
im fed up with all the crap people alk come and say it to are FACE!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-07-2004, 7:19 PM Reply   
please, all of you. do not give him/her anymore ammo. anything you say, he/she will turn it around on you and use it to hurt you. it's obvious that his/her intention is to hurt you. don't give him/her the satisfaction.
Old     (aracinelli)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-07-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
Hey Reality check whomever you are, of course we would'nt who you are cause you are to much of a coward to expose your real name. I'll be at the Canyon Lake wakeboard competition this weekend and myself and the kids would love to meet you, that is if you would be so kind as to reveal yourself. My kids and I would like to Know from you why you have a problem with us. I'll be there at 7am.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-07-2004, 7:22 PM Reply   
oooh, i gotta see this! i'll be there with my cam!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-07-2004, 8:30 PM Reply   
I am so sorry to see this.

Reality, you might want to step back and take a look at this from an objective point of view. Let's say you read this thread not knowing anything about Worlds, Anthony, or Team Total Havek. The first thing you would notice is that you have only registered today, with a hotmail account, and these are your only posts. The objective conclusion is that you obviously have a problem here, and the only reason you registered and posted under this name is to slam someone (Total Havek). It really make you look like a hater. So they are excited about going to Spain. So they may not have gotten one of the first 8 invitations. So what. If they want to be excited about this, that's fine. Do you really need try to knock them down? If you let stuff like this bother you, then your problem is probably staring yourself in the mirror.

BTW - I know Team Total Havek and I think A.J. and Alexis are great kids, Angie loves her family as much as anyone ever did, and Anthony's heart is in the right spot.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on October 07, 2004)
Old    imac            10-07-2004, 9:37 PM Reply   
I AM SORRY THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT CAN NOT HANDLE ISSUES IN AN APPROPIATE MANNER.

As a rider and member of TEAM TOTAL HAVEK, I have to ask you Realitycheck. What are you taking about? Because so far none of your comments have been true.

The extend of the team is as simple as a groups of parents that like the sport and promote every aspect of it. The riders support each other and anybody that is willing to have a good time with them. We do not dog or slam anybody. And we do not boost ourselfs over anybody. Because we know we are not better than anybody else, we are equal. If we ride good we celebrate if we don't we support each other. And if anybody knows us we do the same with any other rider in this sport. Our intent is to promote the sport, support the people, and just HAVE A GOOD TIME.

As far as my bro Anthony. It is obious to me that you don't know him. And I would incurrage you to get to know him. You will realize what a great person he is. A great father, husband, & true friend. He does so much for all. If you ride or if you have kids, or friends that ride he without a thought will extend a helping hand if needed. And without asking for anything in return. Selfishness. Is just not one of his traits.

Angela, is just an awesome person. Just like Anthony, a no B.S., straight forward individual. A wonderful mother that looks out for the well being of her kids aswell as the well being of everbody elses kids. I am sorry but you have shown me that you don't hold a candle up against her.

That fact that a few of our riders are going to Spain, GREAT. They have a chance of a lifetime. And all with the support of their parents. Wow, what I great opportunity. I'll admit I'm jealous, but I want the best for them, I am going to do what ever I can to support them and not take away any part of this great experiance from them. You should be happy for them.

Our team is a positive one. We love, care, and admire each other. And everybody that wants to share with us. As far as for myself and as well as everybody on my team we welcome you. But The positive you, I am sorry but we don't have time or energy to deal with negative individuals.

Mac
GO TEAM TOTAL HAVEK
Old    svlridermike            10-07-2004, 9:55 PM Reply   
HEY IDIOT,
Who do you think you are to judge. You don't think we won't find out who you are. You hide behind a name that nobody knows. I will give anyone outside yourself or family (I have got to protect myself from you low lifes) $100 to expose you. I'm sorry you don't have money to go to Spain. You probably aren't good enough to ride in Spain or any place else. I want to apologize to everyone else who is reading this, I am just angry. As far as Spain goes, they would not have a place for independents if it was not acceptable. So don't hate the player hate the game. Sorry you don't have a sponsor to send you or your kids. As far as Anthony and Team Total Havek go: they rock, they take more trophies in so cal than anybody else. And when everyone else is taking a $100 an hour for lessons, Anthony takes $20 a day for lodging, boat gas & food. Sounds like a good deal to me. I will be along side with Anthony on Saturday at Canyon Lake. Let's see if you has the courage to stand up.

Mike Willis
Old    gotwakesvl            10-07-2004, 10:48 PM Reply   
Hey Ree Alitycheck,
You should be supporting your local kids not trying to bring them down with your hate filled words. I have been around Anthony Racinelli and his team for about two years now. Unfortunatly, I haven't been able to ride with them very much this year due to having to grow up and go to law school. I have never once heard them telling anyone, including the local paper out here in Spring Valley Lake, that they were part of the USA team. They were invited to attend Worlds and whether you like it or not independents are allowed to attend. I've known Mike Willis for years now and what he said couldn't be closer to the truth. Who else do you know invites people to their house, feeds them, then take them out on the river to train for pennies on the dollar?? No one!! The results speak for themselves. Team Total Havek has the best young riders in Southern California period! You need to leave your personal vendetta against Anthony out of this. Whether you like him or not, you have to give him respect for the good he is doing for our sport. Keep the negitive comments to your self, let the kids have fun doing what they love, and above all support each other. Hopefully you'll man up and express your concerns to Anthony in person like an adult and not hide behind a screen name on a website like a little kid. I can tell you one thing, I'll be standing right next to Mike out in Canyon Lake this weekend. Anthony don't let these haters get you down! Keep riding hard!!!

(Message edited by gotwakesvl on October 07, 2004)
Old     (liquid1)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-07-2004, 10:51 PM Reply   
I wish all parents took the time, and effort to not only spend time with their children, but make sure that they can enjoy something as a family. Having been on the dock when the Racinelli family and Team total Havek is riding in competition i can assure that Anthony makes sure his kids, as well as anybody elses kids are having as much fun as possible. Is he outgoing, i think that might be an understatement, but his love of the sport and not only his kids but those involved in the sport should be obvious. All weekend at worlds i never once heard them brag that they were "invited" to go to spain, but it was pretty obvious that they were excited that they were making the trip. I hope its not an offence, but Total Havek seems sort of Ironic for the team, I have never seen any member of the team throw their helmet, board, etc.. after not riding to thier expectation, I fully support the Drug Free Rider statement, and think its sad that it seems to be the oddity and not the norm. I wish more riders would buy into the concepts that total havek seems to promote. If your upset that a parent is proud of the accomplishments of his children, i question if your a parent currently, and if you should be. Some people are more vocal and outgoing, but hey it seems to be working for them, and i applaud and encourage them.
Anthony, im glad i got to talk to you for a few minutes at worlds. Your excitement for the sport is almost infectious, perhaps thats why you seem to have so many people on your side. I hope to be able to ride with you some day.
If i dont make it to the canyon lake comp good luck, and of course good luck in Spain.
Geoff Hinds
Old    mrbig540            10-07-2004, 11:02 PM Reply   
Ree Alitycheck, You are a coward. From this thread, all you have done is brought "team havek" supporters out in the open. Obviously the person who leads this team is a true advocate to the sport of wakeboarding. I'm one (of the many) sponsors of the AWA Spain competition. I support those who commit and support the sport. You are obviously a jealous parent/rider that doesn't have kids or skill to participate fairly in wakeboarding. And if your kids do have the riding skill they will learn the poor sportsmanship from you, which in turn will never allow them to succeed in anything, wakeboarding or life in general.

Post like this should not be allowed in this forum. Let's celebrate the positive of this sports and it's great atheletes. Ree Alitycheck, go home--you might as well quit now.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-08-2004, 1:08 AM Reply   
Wow, wakeworld has been busy today. I get a call telling me about some posts but nothing compares to what I just read.
OK, to begin with reality, everybody was invited to Spain. So having that be addressed you can understand why all the above posters are upset at some of the things that you have said. I for one, hopes AJ kills it over there and makes us all proud. He has been riding better than I have ever seen him ride before. As far as Team Havek and Anthony go, we don't see eye to eye on alot of issues. What I do know is Anthony has a heart for the sport of wakeboarding He loves the sport and has complete joy when it comes to kids (whether it be his own or somebody elses) succeed.Nurotic? no, emotional about the sport?? You bet.
So Reality you have heard from the Racinellis closest friends. they are the ones that know them and love them. whatever you may feel or think about them just pales in comparison .
As chase put it, let's get back to the positive of this sport. SO much going on to be thankful for!

robyn valdez

(Message edited by teamvaldez on October 08, 2004)
Old    anabanana            10-08-2004, 3:20 AM Reply   
Alright, can someone just tell me who's going? Is it worth taking the trip there?
Old     (aracinelli)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-08-2004, 4:58 AM Reply   
Good morning to all. It is Awesome to see these responses this morning. Thank You. Today is a great day to ride! The kids are so excited about going to Spain and so am I. We've never been to europe before, but because of wakeboarding we have met so many new friends in the last couple of years. Some are going with my family to Spain. How cool is that. By the way we do represent the USA in Spain. We're american citizens & we will represent well in all aspects of our trip. For those of you who care about updates from Spain call Angela I'll be reporting daily with results from each round.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-08-2004, 7:39 AM Reply   
Hey Team Valdez,
Congrats go out to Your son for his World Championship!!!

What time does the Canyon Lake tourney start this weekend and is it on Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks
Erik

MAC - We need to hook up and go riding again!

Late
Old    anabanana            10-08-2004, 7:44 AM Reply   
Anthony, I live in Sweden and was thinking about going to Sevilla. I was wondering where I can find information about what american riders are going. Please let me know.

Anna
Old    rea_litycheck            10-08-2004, 8:50 AM Reply   
Yea, I will hop on a plane just so I can make it to your little competition.... that will happen.

(Message edited by rea_litycheck on October 08, 2004)
Old     (aracinelli)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-08-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
Hey Anna,I sent you that info on your e-mail. Let me know if you did not receive it.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       10-08-2004, 7:58 PM Reply   
reality check..........do just that...you need one bad. Did you come from a broken home? Are you stuck in the cold north? Cant find anyone to ride with? Are you a poser? Can't ride switch? having trouble getting up? I sent my 13 yr old to Anthonys home over the last xmas holidays to wakeboard.........20 BUCKS A DAY. YEA..20 BUCKS A DAY. It cost me over 50 just to pull outta the driveway. If you had half the passion for the sport Anthony and the rest of his family have you would introudouce yourself at these stops you see him at. My kid begged and begged to move in with them and ride till the season started...........and I seriously considered doing this although we are over 1500 miles away. Anthony, A.J, Alexis, Angie good luck in Spain. ( Do they have tequila there?) Reality, come spend some time with us on the West Side this spring and remember, "Don't talk about a man till you've walked in his shoes". Anthony, keep up the good work.
Old     (aracinelli)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-09-2004, 12:42 AM Reply   
Mr. Reality, Hows the weather in New Jersey this time of the year? I just got done driving 4 hrs. only to recieve numerous phone calls from friends who wish they knew who you were. Well guess what? We now know who you are and I can't believe it's you. Everybody knows you and you are a well respected man. Till now! I urge you to E-mail me & discuss with me man to man. We all make mistakes in our lives that sometimes spiral out of control. Even as upset as I am I don't want to believe that It's you. My kids are shocked. It's not what you said It's how you did it. Please do not underestimate the message I am sending you.

Anthony Racinelli
Old    anabanana            10-09-2004, 3:23 AM Reply   
Hi Anthony, No I didn't recieve it, but thanks for trying. Please try sending it to annajuhlin@hotmail.com. Thank you!
Old    imac            10-09-2004, 10:34 PM Reply   
Jeff B. Hey I send you an email @ your aol account. please read it.

Erik whenever you want man, I'm always looking for a ride. I have to tell you I have not gotten any better, ha ha. By the way thanks for that pull it was awesome.
Old    gotwakesvl            10-11-2004, 9:11 PM Reply   
Hey guys,
I've been in Mexico for the last 5 days and come back to see that the mysterious Mr. Reality has been found out. I hope that he learned his lesson! I haven't talked to any of my guys in Spain but I hope they are all killing it. I'll have to check back to see if I can get an update. Hey Anthony, say hi to Thomas, Mike and the guys for me. Do me a favor and see if Mike can sneak back some good beer from over there and let him know I have a suprise for him when he comes back. Good Luck!!

Josh