Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-13-2008, 8:50 PM Reply   
I am looking to buy a boat. Specifically a 92 Ski Sanger 20DX II. The boat has 290hrs, interior is in good shape (a little fading but no tears), hull appears to be good with only minor surface scratches, and motor 'looks' fine with normal maintenance having been completed.

What should I be looking for specifically? Does this model have any known issues?

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

T
Upload
Upload
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-13-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
my parents bought a 92 dx2 as our first boat same conditions and close to the same hours and never once had a problem with it until we sold it and bought a new v210 the boat is awesome wit ha great wake for it bein a dd you will greatly enjoy this boat man
good luck with the process
nothing but great reviews on it from me lol
Old    walt            03-13-2008, 9:40 PM Reply   
Sanger makes a great boat. Have the compression checked.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-14-2008, 5:11 AM Reply   
Looks like a heck of a boat you'll love it!
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-14-2008, 6:32 AM Reply   
Agree with WCW on the compression check. Also, if you know a good inboard mechanic, it never hurts to have them look it over and give it a test run with you. If all that checks out okay, go for it. You will have a very nice boat.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-14-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
Pay attention to the trailer wheel bearings and brakes before you take it out.
If they sit for long periods you can have problems but usually it will be fine.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-14-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
Trevor - I found this on craigslist yesterday:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/boa/604966915.html
Seems to be a steal if in the shape they claim. I have a '90 and love the boat. Still need to post pics of the winter project... hit me up when you get to adding ballast.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-14-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
Thank you all for the replies thus far. The motor was listed as a 350 but does anyone know if these were carbed or FI?

Thanks

T