Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    wakintexas            04-17-2003, 12:10 PM Reply   
I have a 00' 18ft Bayliner, the sticker weight limit is 660. I know it can hold way more than that. what are the coast gaurd laws on weight? Do you think 800lbs. + 4-5 people (1200-1300lbs total) is too much? I really want a big wake, but I also dont want to sink my new boat.
Old    jmccallum            04-17-2003, 12:21 PM Reply   
Double check that sticker.

My 18' Four Winns sticker says 1,100 lbs.

Me generally go with 750 lbs locker, 350 lbs bow, 2 kids and the wife (320 lbs... sorry I'm not allowed to break down that last number)

No problems, it can take more. We plan to add 350 lbs in the back this summer
Old    arlanj            04-17-2003, 12:25 PM Reply   
I would stay reasonably close to the weight limit. Why risk a swamped boat?

That must not be much of a boat. My 19.5' Glastron has a sticker of 1275 - 9 people. I run about 500lbs of water sacks in the center and front of the boat and 3 to 4 people. That is usually enough and I don't think I am overloaded. The reason I use water at all is that I usually don't have 1275 lbs. of people. That would be at least 7 good size grown men in the boat.