Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
I was re-powder coating my window frame because the paint was looking crappy and after I took my winodw off my Air vents looked like they need'ed some love. They looked easy to make so I made up some Carbon Fiber ones and droped in some Wake Specialitys LED's in the Vent box.

Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-16-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
Of course you did, just some routine maintenance while the boat was apart.

Like everything else you cats do, looks good.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-16-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
You never stop amazing me.
Ideas are great. Keep um coming
Old     (mitchm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-16-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
Very Nice!
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-16-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
is there a final count of how many LED's you have used on your boat? Blingin for sure...
What did you use to cut the carbon?
Old     (wakespecialty)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-16-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
is there a final count of how many LED's you have used on your boat?

Ohhhh - not nearly enough! Nice work brotha
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-16-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
Time for some carbon fiber cup holders to match in the bow.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
All the old lighting is comming out. I used to have Cold Cathode light's each cold cathode light uses 0.47 amp's That's 5 times the draw of the a brighther set of LED's. It all add's Up I have like 10 cold cathode lights in my boat. The LED's that I was compairing it to were the Underplatform light's they are super bright and they only dray 0.11 amp's So all the cold cathode stuff is comming out and Im gonna replace it with all Wake Specialty's LED's
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-17-2006, 5:31 AM Reply   
Looks pretty lame...as usual. I mean, a good thought, just poor execution. Your work is just way to sloppy for me.
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-17-2006, 7:04 AM Reply   
I wish he would do some of that "sloppy" work on my boat!!!!

That is some seriously cool stuff!
I have a mental list of stuff to build now....thanks a lot.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-17-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
bling, bling.....
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-17-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
bling, bling.....
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-18-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
Grant is definitely the man! I wish he lived in Florida!
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-18-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
yeah Grant should move to Florida so he can make all our boats down here bling bling!

Everything Grant does inspires me and probably others to make improvements and make our boats more Bling Bling! I always like seeing what new stuff he thinks of.

(Message edited by projectely4 on January 18, 2006)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-18-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
Man! The "King of Bling" has outdone himself again! Nice work!

I wish I had the opportunity to take my boat out in the nightime. I would love to light it up with some of your ideas. We have to be off the lake before dark. Guess I need to travel more to other places.

Nice work Grant!
Old    walt            01-18-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-18-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
Damn Grant is there anything you can't pimp out. I can't say amazing anymore you have made it a minimum expectation now. Killer work.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-18-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
Hahaha! Walt, that's great!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-19-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Thank's for all the complement's. This was IMO a easy project. Im deffinatley not the first one to do it. Im working on some other cool lighting project's right now. I cant wait till they are finished. I havent seen what Im doing now done to another boat so Im pretty excited about it. It should be a pretty cool effect. Im trying to balance all the light out. Ya see if you end up throwing a bunch of light's in they all blend together and you miss the effect. I like the contrast between dark and light. When you have so many lights they all seem to blend into each other. The photo's I have been taking dont give the effect of how much light there really is. My small garage with painted walls helps reflect the light coming out of the boat so Its not a true test of how it will appear out on the water but trust me there is plenty of light. It looks so cool. I cant wait till all the lights are in and I get to see it out on the water. Big Up's to Kris at Wake Speciatley's. The SMT light's and other trick led's he has have made these lighting projects possable. With the cold cathode light's I used to use you wouldnt be able to do what Im about to do plus the color is a diffrent color of red it more of a true red then (pink). Its much easy'r on the eye's
Old    nautique226            01-19-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
Nice work again grant.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-19-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
The King of bling ups the bar again... he will be a tough one to de-throne