Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-16-2005, 5:58 PM Reply   
Looking at this model and like what I see - any idea what a good price would be with V215 with triple ballast and perfect pass? Thanks for the info!

Any comments on quality, performance and wake on this model...am going to demo next weekend and trying to figure out any questions to ask. Thx
Old    mendo247            10-16-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
just picked one up (pic in profile).. with wake plate up and about a thousand extra pounds wake is awesome.. some people like plate down just depends how much weight you are running and how you want the boat to handle.. with a thousand extra pounds and 7 people in the boat it still handles awesomely.. with all those people the extra room is great coming from a smaller boat the interior room on the 215 is heaven! you can ask anyone one here the sangers will handle chop and drive as good or better than any boat on the market..i would also recomend upgrading to the chubby tower if you are planning on speakers etc.. as far as price i would say anywhere between 43-47 out the door fully loaded perfect pass, tripple ballast, bimini, boat cover etc...
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-16-2005, 9:18 PM Reply   
Great looking boat! How is the wake shape and is it a wide or narrow wake? I assume it is wider then V210 due to wider boat but hoping not too wide. The extra room on the V215 did look nice!
Old    mendo247            10-17-2005, 10:07 AM Reply   
the extra room is very nice.. as far as the wake goes.. i had a sanger direct drive which was about as wide as a v210 and my 215 wake is a little wider.. we ride at 80 feet so we can tell that its wider..however when we shorten the rope up for different level of riders they never have a problem with the width..ill try to post some pics of the wake in the next couple days..
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-17-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
If you don't need the little bit of extra room of the 215, the V210 will throw a better wake with less weight (ballast) needed. Jusy depends what ur after.
Old    mendo247            10-17-2005, 12:52 PM Reply   
i looked at both boats in depth.. the 215 has way more interior room and storage.. if price is an option the 210 is the best deal out there..
Old    mendo247            10-17-2005, 1:02 PM Reply   
hey sparky, the 210 does throw a great wake but if you forget your rope who cares what kind of wake you got! thank god for Big 5
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-17-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
How would you compare the wake at 60-65' between the 210 and 215? Also, think triple ballast on 215 is comparable to center ballast only on 210?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-17-2005, 2:33 PM Reply   
Yeah, the Hydroslide rope and handle just might become the new favorite on my boat! Tracy, the triple ballast would not really be comparable to the 210 with only a front bag. It's hard to compare as you asked but generally speaking the 210 wake will be bigger with less ballast and narrower than the 215. It really comes down to how much room for extra people and gear do you really need? I personnaly don't like the hard tanks in the rear of the 215...cuz they're always there taking up space unlike a bag that you can fill and empty. I would rather make my own smaller hard tanks or use bags as Darren stated in the other thread because you don't need that much weight in the rear on a vdrive Sanger anyway due to the way the hull is designed. Most of your ballast will actually be in the middle and front. A bigger boat will have more room but will take more ballast to get a decent wake and that in turn will mean more fuel consumption.

(Message edited by wake upppp on October 17, 2005)
Old     (roberto)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-17-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
This is my V215 wake. Forward ballast only. Rider is at 65' and 20 mph.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-17-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
Roberto...wake looks like great size/shape! How wide is it from there? How do you like your 215? Do you typically run with just forward ballast? Can't wait to demo one this week!
Old     (roberto)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-18-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
Here's a better picture to show the width at 65'. I've only weighted it with the forward ballast that came standard with the Wake Series 1 package. I think it's about 250lbs. Of course I LOVE the Sanger but my first boat was a '74 Chris Craft I/O with no tower. So I don't have the perspective of riding behind other setups like most of the other posters on this thread. I bought my 215 in March and have about 50hrs on it. I've had no trouble with the engine (Black Scorpion) and all the instruments and fittings are quality except for the thumb nuts that hold the bimini to the tower. They're cheap galvanized studs and I'll replace them with stainless eventually. I think that most will agree that for the money Sanger puts together a great boat.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-19-2005, 8:21 PM Reply   
Roberto, thanks for the picture of your wake! Looks great!