Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-13-2003, 10:27 AM Reply   
is it as stiff as it feels out of water. got one for grad and wonderin wat its like
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       06-13-2003, 10:44 AM Reply   
I had the same thoughts till I wore my new vest for the first time last week. I got a large and it was pretty tight over a t-shirt when I tried it on at the shop… Even with the armor look and extra bulk of a coast guard approved vest… it is comfortable. Once you are in the water is will not be as tight.

It does not hinder my riding as much as my ability does…

Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-13-2003, 10:56 AM Reply   
coo hey i have been in a coast gaurd vest all teh time so it don't bother me. just was making sure it gets softer
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-13-2003, 2:04 PM Reply   
anybody else got any expeirences with this vest
Old    dubers            06-13-2003, 3:37 PM Reply   
I have a couple Throttle vests on my boat, they are super comfortable and light for a USCG vest. I also have worn Assaults and Reactor Vests, they are really comfortable as well. Vests stretch about 5% when wet. I work for O'Neill so I'm sure some people will say my opinion is biased. The only real benifit I can tell in the Throttle is it doesn't take in water because its closed cell foam, So it's lighter.
Old    reefhunter            06-13-2003, 10:07 PM Reply   
I love mine, I was a little worried about the size of it as far as thickness. But after I got it out in the water, it's perfect. I'm 6'1 and 185 I got the XL.
Old     (jonori)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-13-2003, 11:03 PM Reply   
Jer, how is turn around time on warranty repairs like? I bought an O'Neill Vapor and I am very happy with it. I pulled the zipper off while zipping up my vest. I took it to my local boardshop and they sent it to O'Neill. It has been about 3 weeks. I just wanted to see if that is normal.

I am not sure if you know this but do you think that over time my vapor will shrink or stretch?

Thanks Jer
Old     (soonerboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-14-2003, 11:49 AM Reply   
I love the throttle, and it is very comfortable. It also supports my big fat ass very well. However, this it the third one. The bottom rear stitching has come loose on two of them and the bottom pad comes out. It was replaced by the place I bought it, no problem, but it was annoying having to go get another one. Knock on wood, this one has lasted a lot better.

I would not hesitate to get one, though.
Old    supraboarder            06-16-2003, 8:05 AM Reply   
I love the extra padding in mine. It absorbs a lot of the impacts from my falls cause I suck.
Old    dubers            06-16-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
Hey Jason,
Normal inhouse time for a zipper repair is 10 buisness days. The neoprene on the vest will dry out over time and shrink. The better you take care of the vest, use neoprene conditioner once in a while, and store it in a cool dry place out of the sun. The longer it will last. If you want to tell me the shop you sent your vest through I could check on the status for you.
Old    demi_barbito            06-16-2003, 9:00 AM Reply   
I just got one and I was warned it would be tight unless I went up a size. I got the XL anyway and it was really, really tight.

I put it on in the pool to see what it would be like and it was fine. Im 5' 11" and 198 lbs.

So many people kept telling me to get the XXL though. Might be better for some.

Demi

www.DemiBarbito.com
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-16-2003, 9:34 AM Reply   
rode mine this weekend its great. got a little cocky my first run since i was doing hella god behinfd the oniell xti(of course my rents bought my an oneill vest) and then came back to my small wake and did a murder full face plant second carve at teh wake and the vest asorbed it all. but i kinda still like the vapor i rode in behind the oneill boat if it was uscg i would have traded out