Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-19-2015, 8:39 AM Reply   
Credit where credit is due... I applaud Obama for this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...-ban/27547527/

I'm a firm believer in a clear line between our police and our military. My blood boils every time i see local police and sherriff's deputies decked out as if they were just helo-dropped in from afg. or iraq.

The fact that we need a policy that explicitly bans weaponized aircraft, grenade launchers, bayonets, etc is insane. I think the more access to this type of equipment they have, the more likely they are to find a "need" to use it.
These pics are from the recent Waco incident.
In the 1st, what is the neck scarf for? to keep the desert sand out of his neck?
In the 2nd the Marine digi-cam? so he can blend in w/the SUV's and Trucks in the parking lot?
In the 3rd is that Delta? SEALs? oh wait, you can faintly make out the "Police" banner on his chest under his 3 day kit... cuz you never know when he may have to survive on his own for several days until his QRF/Exfil shows up. their looks on their faces is like, "Man, I'm so glad I have an excuse to play dress-up today in this neato gear I got from the army surplus store"
And yes, I feel the same way about the Baltimore, Ferguson, as well as the Cliven Bundy standoff.
Cops should look and act like cops. Yes they should be able to protect themselves and the public. Body armor, yep. Automatic rifles, sure. Should they be playing weekend warrior insurgent fighter 101st Airborne, Ranger wannabe's, hell no. And our ACTUAL military should certainly not be used as a local domestic police either.
Attached Images