Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jasonmurray12)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-08-2010, 3:48 PM Reply   
We just bought a 2005 Sanger v215 and it came shrink wrapped so we are going to need a legit cover soonish. Any one have any preferred sites online that we could order one from? Any opinions would be nice.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-08-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
Check with Cory at Evolution Covers to see if he has your template. He makes the best cover in the business and his customer service is the also the best.

http://www.evolutioncovers.com/Covercrafts.php
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-08-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
I'd like to find a nice cover for my 215 also...
Old     (helman)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-08-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
I have a Westland cover for my v215. OK, but I would spring for the Sunbrella fabric. I have the Sharkskin and it is not holding up very well.
Old     (jasonmurray12)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-08-2010, 5:51 PM Reply   
I also should have mentioned it needs to be towable. how are the evolution covers for towing?
Paul: did your westland cover fit your boat well? like do they have good cut outs that go around the tower at all?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-08-2010, 7:09 PM Reply   
Evolution covers are about as good as it gets for towing. They have fabric covered hooks that hold the cover down under the rubrail. They also get very tight with the combination of the rope that goes around the outside of the cover and the transom straps. There is no need for poles to prop up the covers and there are no straps that go down to the trailer that can rub on the gelcoat. I believe Cory also puts some sort off padded wool type material around the outside edge to keep the sunbrella from rubbing on the gelcoat.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-08-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
I may be interested in one also. Maybe we can get a price on a group buy?
Old     (helman)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-08-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
Jason,

Cover fits fairly well. It has cut outs around the tower mounts that are secured with velcro. I bought the version that fits over the swim step. It has a cinch rope around the perimeter that can be tightend for a snug fit. It has some fleece material that protects the bow and windshield frame. Has straps that attached to the trailer to hold the whole thing down. With the cover tight, it doesn't require any additional poles to shed water.

With that being said, I wouldn't tow with it. I would be suspect of towing with ANY cover. I know there are some awesome covers out there, but I have seen too many cases of scratched gel coat or vinyl graphics. It seems that no matter how tight you get it, it still moves around. Not for me....

Good Luck!
Old     (jasonmurray12)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-08-2010, 9:31 PM Reply   
paul, I agree with you 100%. Traveling with out a cover would be more desirable. But there is the odd circumstance where I would rather have a cover on the boat due to the rough gravel road to our home lake, but I guess there are always alternatives. thanks for the opinion it has given me some things to think about. It has also made me edge towards those evolution covers. They seem to be the best option in terms of quality.
Old     (jumpit13)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-08-2010, 10:11 PM Reply   
I have Sanger V215 2005, I bought my cover from Overtons I got the sharkskin has a 5yr warranty fits great , mine doesnot go over the swim platform, reason being I can take platform off and still have the cover on. I had to order 2004 becuase of the proflight tower on the boat. Have tow with it but prefer not to it did leave some scratchs ,was a 5 hour drive to Trinity lake. Did 70 mph never came loose but the straps buckles did it. Sunbrella might be better but twice the cost same warranty. But I dont store outside other then camping trips so the sharkskin has been great for what I use it for.
Old     (jasonmurray12)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-09-2010, 7:10 AM Reply   
Ya I noticed that about the 2005 one not offering right tower. the 2004 one would fit just the same
Old     (scott)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-11-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
I bought a cover from Carver last year! Fits tight! and has many straps to tie it down!
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-17-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
I got onto evolution covers & they don't have the patterns for Sanger. What other Sunbrella covers are out there off the shelf? I need a mooring cover & I need to have it sent to Australia asap. Boat arrives here end of April & I don't want to wait for a week for new covers. I want something that is a great fit & will go over the swim step. Boat is going to be kept on an airdock over salt water so it needs to be good quaility.
Old     (noobie)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-01-2011, 12:42 PM Reply   
ditto, I have 2008 V215 and evolution does not have pattern,, any other sugestions?
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-01-2011, 1:12 PM Reply   
I ended up etting a Westland sunbrella cover. Its been on everyday for nearly a year now. Fit is great. I have added a couple of bent lengths of conduit across the front and side hand rails to hold the cover up & tight so the water doesn't pool. I did have to give it a light coat of 303 waterproof solution a few months ago to make the water bead again.
Attached Images