Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-06-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
1972 Mark Twain V Sonic w/ 85hp Johnson OB, *MINT CONDITION* asking price: $1800

I have been a sucker for older "vintage" style boats my whole life, just the other day this beauty came in on consignment at the dealership I work for, anyway, I don't think I can pass this thing up...I mean I realize this boat is basically a float and putt, but I mean look at how nice this thing is!!!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

SHOULD I BUY THIS THING OR WHAT???

CHECK: YES OR NO
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-06-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
Nice looking... my vote is NO tho, what u gonna do with it!?
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-06-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
Haha, that's the thrill of it, what AM i gonna do with it!? im thinking install a full ballast, add a tower, perfect pass, new paint job, ect..just kidding! haha, i have been looking for something like this boat for a few reasons, i've always wanted something in mint condition from the 70's a. just to keep it in that good of condition and possibly pass it on from generation to generation, and b. there is a small fishing like about 2 mintutes from my apartment, and i'd love to be able to take something like this boat out and toss a line in the water and relax on my ol beaut!
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-06-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
*lake*
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-06-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
my first boat was a 68 Mark Twain!!! Same interior setup only mine was green! And it was an IO! They are great Boats! $1800 might be a bit steep?
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-06-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
yea, he is alittle steep on it, but it's soooo nice, there is ZERO cracking or tears in the interior, some slight gel damage on the outside, thinking about offereing him $1500 and going from there..
Old     (madvlin)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
sure is nice. but but but.... i guess we have our reasons if somebody tried to pass it down to me i would take it
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-06-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
I can't believe how nice that thing looks. I say get it if you want it. I mean, half the people here spend 700 on a new board/bindings setup every year. 2 setups = sweet little boat

although i'm more of the guy that would want to pay 400 for one in terrible shape that i could strip down and do something cool with.
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       07-06-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
You can never own enough boats...
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
Wow..
Nice shape. BUY
Old     (coldlake)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-06-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
Lowball him, see if you can get it done. This sounds to be not quite a must have for you. Amazing condition for sure! Check out the condition of the entire floor for spots of rot.

Those old OMC V4s were nice motors. Our first boat was a 15' Glastron w/a 90hp good for over 45mph. I learned to barefoot behind that thing.