Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    whitechocolate            12-01-2004, 9:15 AM Reply   
Enzo inspired. Tower box for Jude's X-9. This is Part 1 to Judes monster system. This is gonna be one bad mo fo. Its gonna have 2 Crossfire EH-2 HCLD's and 4 8-inch mids shooting back. It will have 4 6'1/2 Crossfire Neo's shooting down, As well as a bunch of custom made chocolate goodies LCD mirriors neon and plexy sub boxes. Big Balla system! LOL

Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-01-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
Grant,
I'm glad to see that you are starting at least with a solid tower. That set up is going to weigh a bit. Do you have an estimate for the weight?
Looks to be yet another awesome "G" box.

D out
Old    whitechocolate            12-01-2004, 12:07 PM Reply   
The box empty should weigh like 30-40 LBS
Each 8 should weigh like 5-6 lbs = 20LBS
Each (neo) 6 is like 3 lbs= 12LBS
Each horn is like 10 lbs= 20lbs

So like some where in the 100 lb range. Jude is a "Big Strong Contractor" so he should have no problem droping his tower by himself with one arm tied behind his back. LOL.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-01-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   

Nice job once again Grant,

Mike
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-01-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
MAD PROPS for doing your own thing and being different!!! con't wait to see the finished product..
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-01-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
I like the way the box has the X shape to match the X-series theme. Very nice.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-01-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
Hey Grant,

Looks like a good start. I imagine that it will be glassed and paint finished?

At this point my next boat will probably have the Illusion tower with not a lot of headroom. I am considering building a low profile box covered in neoprene. From a sound/headache standpoint this seems to be a decent solution. Ever thought of covering a box in Neoprene?

Mike
Old    whitechocolate            12-02-2004, 9:12 AM Reply   
Mike: Wow going from a Ski Nautique to a boat with the Illusion tower. That will be nice. I have never thought of putting Neopreane as a finish for a tower box I always thought of Neoprene as a cover used to cover the box when you tow? you wanted to use the Neoprene to soften the blow if your head runs into the tower box I guess thats a good Idea. I would think it would look ulgy so it would be out in my book.

Yes it will be glassed and painted. Im guessing it will go red and black.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-02-2004, 9:23 AM Reply   
Looks killer Grant. But I feel sorry for the guy who has to glass and bondo that box, he will need to set up camp for that glass job.
Old    whitechocolate            12-02-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
Nick is a fiberglass wiz. He will have that thing wrapped and glassed quick style. Yes the filler and prime takes some time.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-02-2004, 10:12 AM Reply   
Dam that is killer, what kinda machine do you use to get the holes in the box so perfect? You need to be sponsered and give out free boat installation for demos
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       12-02-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
yea we are going to go red and black, we changed the way the eight's are mounted by making the two circles into one ovel then recessed the eight's back 1/2" the ovel as well as the removable panels on the front will be black everything else red...
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       12-02-2004, 5:54 PM Reply   
ICE ICE BABY!!!!!

Looks damn sweet dude!

Where the HID Lights at???

Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-02-2004, 11:07 PM Reply   
Grant, that is going to be sick! What do you plan to power the tower with? Interested in building one for a SAN? Looks like the NVS's might have to go.
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       12-03-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
luke the HID lights are in the front there are four of them. they are going to be sunken in like the 8's on the back...should have more pic's on monday with the front finished and cloth around the box...
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-03-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
Tom ~ Are you selling your NVS?
Sweet boat and set up by the way!!
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-03-2004, 3:29 PM Reply   
Grant that is super sweet. Its going to look killer, you gave me a crazy idea i might start working on...
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-04-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
Just a thought, Grant. Have you ever considered using structural PVC foam for the non-load bearing parts of the box? You can shape it with a heat gun and it's pretty damn strong when it's glassed. It would reduce the weight a bit. It's more expensive than wood, though. It might save you some time in shaping and allow you to make compound curves more easily.

Super nice box, BTW;)
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       12-04-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
Looking good Judey
Can't wait to here that bad boy. What color are you going to paint it?
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       12-05-2004, 9:01 AM Reply   
thanks brian....it's gonna be red and black....hey brian how many more hours till summer i can't take this anymore
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       12-05-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
I hear ya! This cold weather is pissing me off. May is only 5 1/2 months away!
Old    whitechocolate            12-20-2004, 5:03 PM Reply   

Old     (mibu)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-20-2004, 7:40 PM Reply   
Sweet box. I'm glad to see the crossfire speakers.I'm building a system for my boat with crossfire. Are those the new true mids? Cause the dealer where I purchased my equipmet from sugested using crossfire HLCD and the true mids for a box.

(Message edited by mibu on December 20, 2004)
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       12-22-2004, 5:59 PM Reply   
John, what else are you gonna put in your system. Are you running crossfire amps?..as far as I know they are the true mid drivers. But I could be wrong Grant and our buddy Nick picked out the equitment i just take there advice.
Old     (mibu)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-23-2004, 5:14 AM Reply   
Yes I'm using all crossfire amps. I'm also using the BMF 12" sub. I have not made up my mind about the tower set-up yet.The speakers in the boat are Sony Xplod 6.5" that came from the factory with the boat.

(Message edited by mibu on December 23, 2004)

(Message edited by mibu on December 23, 2004)