Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    willowjeff2            10-29-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
Hey i'm looking at a centurion typhoon. Does centurion make a good boat? Is the typhoon a good model? Does it cavitate when weighted down too much?
Old    oshensurfer            10-29-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
There's alot of info that you can get by searching this site. But, in a nutshell, I think Centurion makes a fine boat for the price and the quality has increased on the fit and finish in the last few years. I have 2002 Hurricane and enjoy every minute on it.

Unfortunately, I can't comment specifically on the Typhoon though.

(Message edited by oshensurfer on October 29, 2004)
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-29-2004, 4:11 PM Reply   
Can't tell you anything about the Typhoon, but my 04 Cyclone is awesome. I agree with Scott. Very nice boat for the money. Much better than their older ones.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-29-2004, 4:30 PM Reply   
Im a previous owner of a centurion and for the money they make a good boat. I owned an avalanche and yes it cavitate a lot when weighted down. The problem with the typhoon and the avalanche is that they are such big boats it takes a lot of weight to get a good size wake. I had the triple balast system in my boat plus a lot of weight up front because the wake kept curling over.
Centurion has made some good strids in the past few years. Im just not a big fan of theirs. I had quite a few problems with mine so I sold it and moved on to another company. I would say drive the boat ans board behind it before you make any decision. Good luck.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-30-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
Typhoon is the first in a series of new hulls that have been designed in the last few years.
Typhoon 23' , Avalanche 22' , Cyclone 20' 8", Enzo 23' in that order.
They all have a deep V all the way to the back and create a great wake. RodE (gymboarder) is right go for a demo ride and board and judge for your self weight it down to your preference. I don't think you will be disappointed. And no they don't cavitate!

(Message edited by krbaugh on October 30, 2004)
Old    r3612            10-30-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
Centurion boats has been great to me. Had a problem with my engine on my first boat an 03 Hurrican/lightning but that was a merc problem not a centurion problem. I 'm on my second one an 04 Cyclone and the wake on this boat is very competitive to the big three. If you do a search for Cyclone or go to this thread on wakeboarderhttp://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=30018&highlight=cyclone they seem to have a little more info on Centurions for sure. Love my boats never would go anywhere else but that is also due to the fact of the Dealer service Brian Huels at Rockford Marina runs a top notch dealership for sure That is one of the main things to look for also when buying a boat. these boats are very solid and have great wakes. Everyone says "this wake sucks mine is better and your boat sucks mine is better" to anyone its all personal preference and you have to denitely get behind a couple different boats to notice a difference, but Imo as well as others these wakes are great. I love riding behond my boat anyday and it has pretty similar wake to an x2 just with a bit more kick. The pics of my wake aren't that good speed is slow and the rider is in mid flight i'm working on some better pics, but again try wakeboarder.com and do a search for centurion you won't be diappointed I as well as others give some more in depth details about the boats.

I guarantee you won't find a more solid ride through double ups- and chop than the avalanch or cyclone for sure. Here's the 2 I owned Still own the reverse 04 blue Cyclone

Kris

Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-30-2004, 6:40 PM Reply   
Just wanted to respond to krbaugh about the cavitation. They do cavitiate under heavy loads of weight. I was running about 2500 lbs and it cavitated pretty bad. I think if you drive a heavily weighted avalanche you would understand how badly it can cavitate.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-30-2004, 6:52 PM Reply   
That has not been my experience. I have pulled
INT events with full loaded Triple ballast and 12 Adults in the boat and did not experiance any cavitation. So I again go back to what we agree to. Go for a demo boat with the boat loaded with ballast and people and judge for your self.

(Message edited by krbaugh on October 30, 2004)
Old    awiggy33            10-30-2004, 10:21 PM Reply   
ya man centurions are dope...i have an avalanche and its kick ass....get one youll love it
Old    r3612            10-30-2004, 11:23 PM Reply   
Cavatation is a factor in any boat my buddies x-2 and othjer buddies san both cavitate with loads at crusing speeds this happens to any inboard. A simple fix to this is to get the hydraulic wakeplate no cavitationm with that even at full throttle with a full load.

Kris
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
Kris have you experienced cavitation on either of your boats? I have not on my Eclispe inboard which I never loaded any more than just a fat sac, Or my Cyclone which I have had loaded with 8 adults 2 full size fat sacs and a full center tank, and the Avalanche that I described above.
Now I must say I was not driving like I stole them or anything but never did I experience cavitation.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
Kris ~ I would appretiate if you would stop using an x-2 wake as a comparison to your ski centurion,because the wake is nothing like the Centurions and it's funny how everybody aims at the x-2.IMO do you know why that is.....because it is the BEST.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2004, 8:16 AM Reply   
Big Ed to make that claim would mean that you have spent some time behind a fully loaded Centurion Cyclone........have you?

So the X2 is better than the Xstar?

(Message edited by krbaugh on October 31, 2004)
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-31-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
Wow it sounds like this thread has gone off topic. Jeff just go out and drive the boat, load it up with weight and see what you think. If you dont like the boat and how it drives/boards then keep on shopping.
I drove and boarder behind quite a few before I made the decision on purchasing my SAN. Its all a matter of personal prefrence in what you want out of the boat. All companies make good boats, its just what company makes the best boat for you.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2004, 8:43 AM Reply   
Exactly!
Old    upupnaway            10-31-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
Here is a link to a video of some riding done behind a centurion.... I think it is a good example of it's wake capabilities
The fit and finish of the centurions are very nice as well.
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=10786
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
as far as the boat no the new x-star blows every boat away by a landslide,but as far as the wake no comment.

Kevin ~ as a matter of fact I owned a ski centurion and that was my 1st choise in looking at new boats.

There is only 2 boats that I would consider bying and that would be MC and SAN every other boat is either a cheaper version or overrated!!

So I agree with RodE every boat is a nice boat just don't compare apples and oranges!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
Hmmm

What Centurion did you own?
Since the new Centurions 2003 and newer are head and shoulders better than the older ones in wake quality and fit and finish I am just curious what you owned?

Mike that Video speaks for its self WOW
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
Jeff, don't even bother listening to Big Ed. He is just like a ton of other guys who think that if you don't own a SAN or X, then you ain't is just jealous that our boats cost $15K less and is just as good as his. He paid all that extra money for the name. He is no better of a rider because of his boat. DEMO,DEMO DEMO. I tried most of them and none of the SAN or X are that much better that is is worth spending that much extra money for no reason other that to say "I own a SAN or X". Rod said is best, all the wakeboard boats are good, you just need the one that fits your wallet and personality. Good luck..
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
Big Ed, get over yourself. you and your boat aint all that.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
I'm over myself,don't worry about me.

kevin ~ I owned a 84 tru trac and the wake was very nice for the little weight I was loading it with.And I enjoyed it so much that it made me love the WB sport so much that I went and purchashed what I thought was one of the nicer boats out there.

so no I'm not talking crap about ski centurions by all means I just think x-2 has a mucher nicer wake.

No I'm not a better rider because I have an x-2 I JUST WILL BE.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
CORRECTION ~ MUCH NICER WAKE
Old    r3612            10-31-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
Kevin I'have only experienced cavatation when I'm fully loaded and am at 32-37mph flying around NEVER WHILE RIDING

Pat, Perfectly stated I totally agree

As to Ed I have an owner of an MC dealer say the same as well as an X-2 owner whom have all been mc owners for years who will back it up. Do a search on wakeboarder.com and you'll find the same results. So please keep your mouth shut when you have no clue....I ride behind an 05 x-2 as much as mine and they are pretty similar..... SImilar..... being the key word.

I love people who come in and just run their mouth when they have no proof to back it up. Yours sucks mine is better F#$% off It turns into that anytime someone asks which boat is better it's inevitable.

Here's some pics of an x-2 and my wake you all judge it for yourself. Oh yeah mine was half as much as the x-2

The first 2 are of my Centurion Cyclone's at 22.5mph at 75ft with 4 people in the boat and the factory 800lbs

The second 2 are of my buddies 05 X-2 at 22.5mph and 75ft with three people in the boat

You can be the judge and tell me the Centurion wake is crap but I would have to tell you your blind. Notice it has about the same transition but is a little more vert at the top. Pictures are not a good judge but that is how we (THE PEOPLE RIDE REGUKARLY BEHIND BOTH BOATS) feel.

Centurion wake at 22.5mph at 75ft
Centurion Wake
X-2 wake 22.5mph at 75ft

(Message edited by r3612 on October 31, 2004)
Old    r3612            10-31-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
Mike is that behind the Boardshops Avalanche I love that boat. Sick Graphics. Who's ridding? That guys sick. Great example though Love it

Sorry for the Confusion about the cavitation speed thing... Cruising speed to me is not wakeboarding speed its around 32+mph just to clarify

Kris

(Message edited by r3612 on October 31, 2004)
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
Kris ~ The problem here is you think everyone say Centurions are crap. When did anyone on this post say that?

All Ski boats are very nice and they all are very costly. The X2 wake (loaded) is untouchable. You talk about you 4 people and 800# and "look how big my wake is". Come on bro. Get in a loaded X2 and then tell me "how similar" they are.

Hey if you start talking nice maybe Big Ed will take you for a pull.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2004, 12:30 PM Reply   
Ed
"so no I'm not talking crap about ski centurions by all means I just think x-2 has a mucher nicer wake. "

Well I gottta think that you are right the X2's wake compared to a 84 vintage DD slalom boat the wake is going to be better :-)

"I went and purchashed what I thought was one of the nicer boats out there."

You did one being the keyword

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-31-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
Ant if you read Kris's post you'll see he gets to ride behind an 05 X-2 plenty, I think that makes him qualified to compare the two.

(Message edited by ralph on October 31, 2004)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
sOOO YOUR POINT IS......

and I got behind ski centurions other than mine I had,remember I test drove it 1st and got behind it 1st so no I'm no just comparing it to my vintage centurion though I got to say it was nicer than the newer one's I got behind.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
Darren ~ obviously he doesn't put half of the weight in his 05 because the pics he posted...come on now!!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
My point was obvious!

"I got to say it was nicer than the newer one's I got behind."

One of the dumbest posts I have read
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 12:51 PM Reply   
AND just to clarify the price of MC isn't much more the ski centurions if at all!!
My x-2 out the door was 50k,mind you that it has it all.What that means it's FULLYLOADED.Fully loaded AVALANCHE that I almost bought was 37k with nothing not even the tower so after all the extras it came out to be around the same price.You ask me or anybody else what they rather own and well you know.they are the same price,just one is loaded already and one you can buy STRIPPED!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 12:58 PM Reply   
When I said one of the nicer boats obviosly you thought I was talking about ski centurions NO I was talking about natiques.LOL hahaha
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
Old    r3612            10-31-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
ANT,
You don't have to litereallly say something to imply it and if you read Ed's post you tell me what he means by his comment. I'm just supplying proof, and now that its been shown he's still trying to get the MC to be better.

Wakes are all about personal preference I'm just giving some proof to my statements is all and trying to give Jeff here who started the post some real advice on Centurion with the facts and proof to back it up for his sake.

Unreal!!!!!!!! The Mc has three people and the factory ballst so it's one person short of what the centurion had. Who wants to add extra sacs all the time just to get a big wake. Just goes to back up my previous statements as well as Kevin's in other posts that Centurion's wake staraight from the factory is top notch.

So now it comes out you think the MC wake above is smaller and not as weighted even though its one person short hmmmm........ it has the same if not more factory ballast only 1 less person hmmmmm.........

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
what I mean is MC come standard with all the 10k+ features that centurions has.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2004, 1:23 PM Reply   
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
For the sake of the argument lets say the x-2 wake is smaller than centurions factory,SHAPE OF THE WAKE IS ALL MY FRIEND AND THE KIND OF POP YOU GET AND THE SMOOTHNESS OF THE WHOLE TRANSITION IS WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
Kris ~ Yes the Centurion is a nice boat just like every other wakeboard boat. Why do you think Centurions went after the whole Wake surf thing? Why I tell you.... cause when you are talking about a Wakeboard boat we are talking about a sacked out boat an if you compare these two boats sacked out there is no comparsion.

I was reading about fit and finish. Lets compare (just to humor you) the two boats. X2 vs. Avalanch

The Centurion is louder in the boat due to less foam insallation.

The bow seat are not as comfortable, though it's bigger.

The vinyl is less quality.

The graffics?????

THe boat did handle nice in choppy water, but we ride at the Delta now

And now let just talk about which one looks better.

Must I go on..... and with all that said I didn't even get into the wake. Why do you think everyone wants to compare there boat to the Mc. Cause MC is on top and has been for a long time. They're alot of SAN lover on WW and I hear what they are saying.

Back to the topic

Jeff ~ If you want a boat that is a little (5K-10K) cheaper, get a Sanger.

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
Sometimes its no longer worth the discusion
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
is that a white flag?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
Antbug ~ hahahahaha
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
NO!

I am just no longer in the mood to keep interrupting a good storey with the facts

FYI

I was on the MasterCraft Barefoot promo team for 10 years I know the company line! Do they still send you the sales manual so you can readd it and take the test at the end of the book?

(Message edited by krbaugh on October 31, 2004)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
I don't know???
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
Antbug quote ~ jeff if you want a boat that is alittle (5k-10k)cheaper,get a sanger. THAT'S JUST GOT TO BE A CLASSIC ON A how is a centurion thread!!
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 4:08 PM Reply   
Kev and Kris, maybe we should just retreat back to our poor,pityful,poser lifestyles. Face it, we well never be anybody until we own a SAN or X. The entire wakeboarding community looks at us as lesser people . I am at peace with being a poser. It makes all the big ego guys feel better about themselves. That is why we have been chosen to own Centurions. Let these guys inflate their egos by badmouthing our rides in order to make theirs look superior. We know first hand how good we have it.
Old     (brian_huels)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-31-2004, 4:45 PM Reply   
Should probably just let this thread die. . . but it is Halloween so might as well keep it interesting. Couple of quick points and then what I feel is important when looking for a boat.

- (this relates to point 4 below) As for the price of the Mastercraft X2. . . is it fair to compare this boat to the Avalanche. The X2 measures 20' 7" while the Avalanche is a 22' boat. . .hmmm? Perhaps a more fair comparison would be the exact one that Kris is making. . . X2 to Cyclone. 20' 7" to 20' 6". . . if you take this comparison and look at price difference you will notice a larger gap.

(doesn't relate to any point but AntBug's comment caused me to throw it in) As for graphics . . . Centurion offers half a dozen different in gel graphics. Perhaps you may not like any of the ones available that is fine. To me "graphics" and "stickers" are very different. A sticker is a $100-$300 item that is slapped onto the side of a boat. If you do not like a given sticker perhaps there is something else you can do. Mastercraft by design allows for some customization of this. Centurion has two stickers available from the factory. If you do not like the Centurion sticker perhaps a Centurion by design "custom sticker" would solve the whole sticker problem. As for gelcoat graphics lets say that standard boat coloring counts. There are seven (I think) different areas you can put color on a 2005 X2. I am not sure the charges for choosing color in all spots but I am sure there is one. Same goes for Centurion but quickly adding in my head I come up with nine different color areas.

Anyways, the above were really not directed towards the original question. But as for my opinion Centurion makes a great boat. As does Correct Craft, Mastercraft, Malibu, Skiers Choice, Tige, etc. All have strong points and points that could be stronger.

(this relates to point 2) Yes there are more expensive boats out there (SAN, MC, Malibu). . . some of the higher costs may relate to better materials. Perhaps some $$$ also relates to the name you are partly paying for. It all rolls together.

Pick the boat that is best for you and your family. I do strongly recommend that you work with a dealer that you can trust and that understands your needs, your sport, etc. Half the comments people make about XYZ being wrong on there boat here at wakeworld.com and wakeboarder.com would never have gone to that level if the dealer handled the situation differently (or handled it at all).

Some points I would think about when looking at a boat and a dealer.

1. Take the boat out in the conditions you plan to use it in. If you are going on a 7 mile open water resort lake do not go for a test drive on a private ski lake. Also ride or ski behind the boat in they way you will use it. If you are only going to get factory ballast and that is all you will ever use. . . it is not fair to judge a boat based upon a wakeboard tournament you competed in where they ran another 1,500 # over stock.
2. What sort of service guarantee is there from the dealership? How quick will your boat be looked at? What if there is a major problem with the boat? Is a loaner boat available if it is absolutely necessary?
3.Ask for references from the dealer on other customers that have bought XYZ boats from them? When talking to these references how were warranty situations taken care of? Where there warranty issues that weren't "covered" under warranty.
4. Compare apples to apples. A stripped down Malibu compared to a SANTE is not fair. Same goes for comparing a 21' boat to a 22' boat. There are differences between boats that need to be valued. Is keyless entry important to you. If so then it is not fair to say that the Nautique is XXX more expensive. In reality if you could put keyless entry (which is important to you) on a MC it would only be a difference of (XXX - keyless entry option).

Anyways, it has been a long day at work and I am rambling. Research, test drive, test ride and you cannot go wrong.

Best of luck!

Just some thoughts as you continue looking for the best boat for you. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email.

Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
Well put Brian
Old    oshensurfer            10-31-2004, 5:28 PM Reply   
Here's my take. I ride behind my boat (Centurion Hurricane) and an X2 on a regular basis. I like both wakes. Neither of them are like the other, but both wakes are good. I ride just as good behind either boat. I don't get why you guys even bother arguing about the two. I certainly don't get why people chime in and dog on people's boat especially when the experience the have (if any) is 20 years old. WTF is that. IF you cant add something constructive then STFU.

Bottom line is you'll pay more for an X2 than a Centurion. You'll get a better fit/finish although that is becoming debatable in the late Centurions in my opinion, but then again the Centurion prices are increasing as a result. AND THE VERY BOTTOM LINE IS, You'll get a fine boat no matter which you buy.

But, the best advice above all given on this thread is GO RIDE AND DRIVE ALL THE BOATS AND BUY THE ONE YOU LIKE THE BEST and don't base your decisions on opinions of anyone else. As the saying goes. Opinions are like a-holes, we all have one.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 7:05 PM Reply   
Pat ~ you don't have to feel sorry for yourself.

Scott ~ How constructive is SFTU? and the saaying goes excuses are like every one has one and your stinks. At least you can tell the difference between the wakes.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
ok guys I had my fun for today,
you guys were funny and entertaining,
thanks for the great laughs

But if you look back at this thread at the begining I just asked kris not to compare the two wakes because they are DIFFERENT and never did I talk centurions or any other ski boat for that matter because if there was only one or two uses for the boat then only 1 or 2 boat companies would exist and obviously they are a dosen of different boats being made.
If I hurt anybody's feelings didn't mean to and as long as you are out there doing it is all that matters so GUYS calm down HAPPY HALLOWEEN .
P.S If I made any harsh remarks is cause I was having alittle fun.
It's not my fault I have a better boat,wake etc.hahalol J\K calm down
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
No problem here.....heck I have been a member of the coolaid gang
Old    oshensurfer            10-31-2004, 8:29 PM Reply   
I never had a problem...just don't understand how it always spirals out of control with these types of threads.

And Ant,
I must say....It's very constructive, because of it's effectiveness.. Got you all riled up didn't it. Kumbaya.

Hey Kev. Ya gotta love the koolaid.

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 8:49 PM Reply   
Right on guys aleast you are all good sports.
Old     (healing)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-31-2004, 9:17 PM Reply   
Brian was right,
The x2 compares to the size of the Cyclone.
Was at the dealer Saturday 04 cyclone with 12 demo hours $33,500. They are also a Mastercraft dealer and the x2 was "considerably" more. If money was no object then I would consider a Mastercraft, but since it is an object my Centurion and I get along great!! I also noticed the 2005 Centurions interior just keeps getting better. Try to pinch the vinyl together between your finger and thumb it's tough to do!!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-31-2004, 10:00 PM Reply   
brian is right
Old    upupnaway            11-01-2004, 2:21 AM Reply   
sorry, I have been away from this post while it has grown.
Kris, That was Mike van patten... He is an awesome rider. That was at their sponsorship contest early this year. The shot of the raley from the shore is one of my favorite shots ever.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-01-2004, 8:33 AM Reply   
Jeff, I have a 02 Hurricane and no problems. Very pleased with the performance of the boat. I have had a great experience dealing with the Centurion personel as well. There is no question my next purchase will be a Centurion.
Old    r3612            11-01-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
No hard feeleings here at all Just seems like we are all going stir crazy from our season going to an end..... It always a good time when people get stirred up I'm usually pretty laid back, but big ed comment just urked me a little because people who have never been behinda specific boat always make comments about them...and from the sound of it Ed has never been behind a New Cylone so how would he know about the wake in relation to his MC?

In final say Ed they are different in a sense for sure maybe i should elaborate as well. No 2 boats are the same at all even 2 of the same boats cause one will be weighted different on occassion. However riding behind almost every model of v-drive and d drives out there due to the fact that pretty much everyone we ride with on a frequent basis has a dufferent model of boat Supra launch
Supra ssv
Mc X-Star
Mc x-2********
Malibu VLX
Malibu Sunsetter
Nauty 88 2001 **************
Mobius Lsv Gravity Games*********
SAN***************
Air Nautique
Centurion Avavlanche
Centurion Hurricane***********
Centurion Cyclone (MINE)************

We usually have more boats than people cause pretty much everyone owns their own ride and everyone wants to ride behind theirs The ones with the **** are the ones I'm behind the most, but the x-2 is on a weekly basis one day mine next day his.

To all of us who ride regularly the the cosensous (sp) on the wake is that it is very very very close to an X-2 on the Cyclone (not similar to any of the others.) What I mean by that is the tranny is about the same length and shape very smooth and gives you time to set up, but where it differs is at the top Where the MC is smooth ride all the way past the top... mine (on the Cyclone) has a little kick/hardness at the top that gives you a little more of a bucking feeling. That is the only difference in all of our opinions some like some don't.

Ant by no means did I ever think Ed said that the boats were crap he just doubted my opinions and I just brought supporting proof to back my statements up rather than just disputing them.

Mike yeah those shots are so nice That guy is sick.
Well I hope Jeff hasn't freaked out and pretty much thinks we're all nuts...Good luck finding the right ride and what ever you decide will be the right choice.

(Message edited by r3612 on November 01, 2004)

Old    tigelova            11-04-2004, 10:33 PM Reply   
My friend's 2001 Typhoon just bit the dust. He was out on Lake Travis in Austin and his hull ripped open. He barely got it off the lake and on to the trailer. Once on the trailer, the hull looked really thin where it ripped open. He took it to the dealer and now Centurion is working on remedying his situation and said that he probably will be getting another boat. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-05-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
Kris ~ That is very cool that you get to ride all thoes boats. I think all that was being said is that everyone wants to compair there boats to a MC and just like you said "no 2 boats are the same".

Ride on and be safe!
Old    walt            11-05-2004, 5:35 PM Reply   
Ant, Nice wake Big Ed has.....Almost as sweet as a Centurion !

Just stirring it up guys !
Old    r3612            11-05-2004, 5:57 PM Reply   
Ant, Now that makes perfect sense. I can't argue with that.. when describing a boats wake it is always compared to the Big 3 BU CC AND MC that is because no doubt in my mind they were the first to get things rolling in the big market in many peoples eyes and they are the most talked about for sure. One of the main reasons I think is advertising and sponsorships for sure the other is their wakes are so totally different. Not even close to each other.

Companies Like Centurion have come a long way in the last 5 years. There used to be no doubt to go with the big three for performance, but Centurion along with other companies has bridged the gap and everyone is making solid products now that can compete with the big three for sure...It just always turns into those people who own the big three saying everybody else's boat sucks which isn't the case anymore for sure. Maybe that's what keeps them happy cause the paid way more than we did It's like a Toyota Land Cruiser to a Lexus sure the Mc and Nauty's are nicer but whats wrong with the reliable nice Toyota version that costs 10k less with the same options. Anyways it was fun I love a little jibba jabber every now and then.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-05-2004, 6:30 PM Reply   
Yeah walt for sure,It's almost as nice. The funny thing is that's only a stock ballasts+4 people.You should see it now!
Old    walt            11-05-2004, 6:33 PM Reply   
Well how about a pull Ed ?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-05-2004, 10:02 PM Reply   
yeah you coming down?
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-06-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
This is my 04 centurion air-warrior same as hurricane lightning great boat no problems good wake i give 100% over all
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-06-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
Zach, I like the Air Warrior package. Looks sweet. I wish I knew that I could get it as an option instead of putting the Cyclone graphics on my 04 Cyclone (Eclipes V)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-06-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
You can get the Air warrior package if you are so inclined. They have not sprayed the Checkerboard graphics in the NC plant in quit some time but I think you can still get it from the CA plant.

This is a picture of the 05 Graphics
The boats no longer have the large Strom graphics
they say Cyclone or what ever.

(Message edited by krbaugh on November 06, 2004)
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-06-2004, 4:42 PM Reply   
where can you see more 05 centurions?
Old     (brian_huels)      Join Date: Jan 2002       11-06-2004, 5:33 PM Reply   
As soon as we get ours unwrapped I will post some pics . . .
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-06-2004, 5:35 PM Reply   
OK cool! What did you end up getting! I look forward to seeing the interior!

Thanx,Zack
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-06-2004, 6:10 PM Reply   
I will also try to get some interior pictures and My dealer has another 05 Avalanche. The moved up another notch in interior quality and look IMHO

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-06-2004, 10:17 PM Reply   
Some interior pics

Cyclone

Avalanche

Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-06-2004, 10:19 PM Reply   
Nice!!!!!!!
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-07-2004, 3:36 PM Reply   
ANy more ?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-08-2004, 1:10 AM Reply   
with all due respect (i'm not bashing centurion at all)...

if all you want to do is wakeboard, get the x-2.
if you're going to ski as well, get the centurion.
if seating capacity is the most important thing, get the centurion.
if wake is the deciding factor, get the x-2.
if the deciding factor is the price, get a centurion.
if the dealer is the deciding factor, do your research. check with the better business bureau for complaints, ask message boards on their experiences with the shops. make sure they're taken care of AFTER the purchase.
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-09-2004, 7:52 AM Reply   
Kinda makes me wish I could send my back to get the air warrior graphics put on just like Zachs and have the trim color changed. If I only knew then what I know now.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-09-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
It's just a big sticker order a couple and install them
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-09-2004, 7:02 PM Reply   
No, I want the fading checkerboard part too. I already knew about the Air Warrior sticker but I thought the checkerboard is sprayed in the gelcoat just like my crayola graphic and your Z graphics. We pretty much let our 14 year old pick the color scheme. I love it but if I knew I could have gotten the look of Zach's boat, I would have. I didn't know it was still available.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-09-2004, 7:07 PM Reply   
ahh I thought we where talking about the Airwarrior stuff. The faded Checkerboard
is done in the gel coat I had 2 boats with that
looked great in the day but IMHO it had been done to death