Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
I'm looking to upgrade my tower speakers. I currently have four 6's (Sony X plod).
I have heard great things about JL audio and MB quart. I prefer loudness over clarity on the tower. Any suggestions?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2004, 9:43 AM Reply   
6.5's won't cut it for loudness unless you have 6 or 8 of them. But has anyone put these in their 6.5 cans, they say 6 inch but they fit in 6.5" cans.

http://editweb.iglou.com/eminence/eminence/pages/products02/speakers/alpha6.htm

I bet theses would be pretty loud for a 6.5"
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-19-2004, 10:15 AM Reply   
I have 4 mb quart 6.5's, they are more clearer than the JL's we tried. Don't give up too much clairity, because what's the point of just listening to distortion. It just makes other boaters upset at you
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
Jason,
Do you have a picture of your set up? WHat amp are you running. Can I get the model # of the speakers. How much is a pair?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-19-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
I have 4 6.5in Focal speakers in cans on my tower. Hella loud and clearer and better range then the MB quarts. Did a side by side comparison before I purchased them. 5 out of 5 peeps during the testing process picked the Focal speakers as being the best sounding in the cans
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
Has no one tried the eminence 6's (Pro Audio)? These are the same speakers the NVS uses, only smaller and a little less RMS wattage. There cheap too. I saw them on ebay for $40 pair. Anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3753011727&ssPage Name=STRK:MEWA:IT
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
Andrew,
I have heard of Focal. How much are they? Can I have the model #? Do you have a pic of your set up. Thanks
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2004, 6:32 PM Reply   
YO BRIAN!! I RUN THE NEW LINE OF KRACO. THEY ARE AVALABLE AT PEP-BOYS!!! NO CLARITY! THATS HOW REAL PIMPS "ROCK IT" WHATS UP WITH THE BOAT?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-19-2004, 7:44 PM Reply   
the model I got is the CA0165. They have tweeters that rotate so you can direct the tweeter sound in differant directions. They run about 200/pair. I do not have any pics I don't have any pics of the 2 pair on my tower and my boat is stored for the winter. sorry.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-20-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
The pro-audio speakers indicate paper cones, anyone know if they are treated or how they do if they get wet?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-20-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
I noticed that. I think you could get away with putting some sort of thin epoxy or waterproff spray on them. But how often do they actually get wet?? What do the guys w/ the NVS say about them getting wet? Are they treated?
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-20-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
check out cadence the loudest 6.5s i have heard http://luckydevildesigns.com/
paper,coated or not sounds like a bad idea. i saw the nvs the first time last weekend, and was like wtf. we were camping and every thing was dripping with dew in the morning. and what if it had of rained you have to take the speakers off the tower. the nvs i heard were loud but i dont think he had a sub or his cross overs set right. and the firey ring looked like it was rusting.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-20-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
882001, The NVS have paper cones. they are the eminece beta 8's and 10's. I bought a pair of 6.5's from Josh at luckly devil. The cans he makes are sweet, but they were loaded w/ fosgates. They just weren't loud enough. Josh has an awesome setup in his malibu. Were you in his boat? I talked with him for a little bit at the Pier last weekend. I noticed that rust on his grill guad too. I think those were audiobahn grills?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-20-2004, 2:51 PM Reply   
have you priced them form luckydevil? they are way to expensive. I got a demao pair for him for $330 about a year ago. I paid too much. Bu tI will give him credit on a very nice can design.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-20-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
yeah we were camping with them. the bandidos have cadence. and they are loud. we were in the supra launch w/ 4 bandios. are you talking about the x star w the nvs.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-20-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
they cadence have simliar specs to pro audio equipment. Yeah I'm talking abot the blue/white x-star that was dwon there at waketoberfest. you must have had a good site I was down closer to the crappers. We had the all black PS 190 @ our site. If you drove down the right way you proabbly passed it. I still thought the NVs was loud as hell. I told Josh he neded to put two more up on his tower. How does he liek that ski reel thing?
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-20-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
Brian, I don't have pics right now because I just stored the boat for winter. I am running them on a 300x2 Diamond Audio marine amp. Focal are as good a Quarts but I think a bit more spendy. I am running PKC which have a large seperate crossover. They run 440 a pair or so.
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       10-21-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. I had someone tell me that 4 6X9's are louder than 4 6's?
Do you think it is worth the money to switch to 6X9's?
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-21-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
i doubt that 6x9 sound better than 6.5s. you will get a little more bass responce out of a 6x9 because it has more surface area.but that is what subs are for. cross over the 6.5s at 100-125 and id take 6.5s. running them fullpass they will distort.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-21-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
maybe not soudn better, but they will be louder. Remember these speakers are directed at a rider whose proabbly 75' out. Get a decent brand and they won't sound horrible. Stay away from Kraco and you'll be ok
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-21-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
is kraco still in business? that off the hook!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-21-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
My roomate had one of their cassette players in his CJ-7. Cost him 15 bucks brand new!
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       10-21-2004, 6:37 PM Reply   
wow...you sure you guys know what youre talking about? I have a very major system in my boat... my Kraco 6.5's sound just fine even from 125 feet back (thats how far back we tube). Im pushing the Optimas line of amplifiers (Top of the line Radio Shack) with the Kraco speakers and they sound awesome! Really kicks.
I challenge anyone in my area to a blast off.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-21-2004, 10:31 PM Reply   
The Kicker RS-6 are awesome.

Harold yes some of us do know what we are talking about. What you call that a system!
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       10-22-2004, 9:55 AM Reply   
Phaeton- Hey man> theres all love when we are tubing....but when we start kneeboarding- The music gets turned UP- we start blasting hard- my Kracos will blow you out of the water no problem. Although they will start to Krackle a little at around 200 decibels...any idea on how to fix that?
Fine tune my amps maybe-crossover tuning?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-22-2004, 10:32 AM Reply   
I think all of you are overlooking a big player in the audio market. DELCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-22-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
hope you got what you needed out of this thread Brian. didn't know the Kraco comment would get everyone reminecing.
Old    whitechocolate            10-22-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
Let me chime in. Brian is a friend and regular on Harolds boat, as well as Jude's and my'n. Harolds and Judes comment were a way of ribbing Brian, because he dosent even have a boat. Brian is so cheep that even if he had a boat I couldnt see him spending the ammount of money to make a system that we would even let him turn on when partying with us, Sorry Brian you got to pay the cost if ya want to be the Boss. LOL.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-22-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
In that case, head down to your local flea market and tell them you want the "best" they got. They'll give their super-cooled, digital sound, chrome, 5000 watt amp with a pair of 8-way 6x9's for abuot $100 or whatever you have in your wallet
Old    whitechocolate            10-22-2004, 11:32 AM Reply   
On a serious note. Brian your question what is the loudest 6-inc speaker. I think your trying to find speakers for a tower box correct?. So i think what your saking is what speaker is going to be louder than the next. My answer is. It all depends, I know speakers have a sensitivity rating on them, this might be the only document that can provide some information for you, but it only tells you how sensitive the speaker is. The higher the sensitivity the louder the speaker should be with a said watt going to it, so look at the specs for each speaker, But IMO is all B.S IMO the rest is all in your ear. What good is a louder speaker if is its falling apart. Example when you buy a speaker there is no standard test information that tells you if this speaker is louder than the next so the answer your looking for is all-subjective. There are some good recommendations above. Minus the Kraco I got started with the boat audio system's I like many of you knew that separates produced cleanest sound and that 6X9's were somewhat of a joke. I wouldn’t have never thought that 6X9's would have ever outperformed separates in any way. Many of you might have seen my old tower set up with all the Boss cans and MB-quarts separates. I sold all that stuff and went with 8 6X9's. The separates sounded great but they were maxed out and over time the tweeters would just turn off. They were not made to blast at that volume. The level we play at the 6X9's sound better because they could play at that level with out breaking up.

So Brian: Get a boat first and then we can work on the rest.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-22-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
Well put Grant. I agree 100% other than pro audio equipment 6x9's work best in that type of environment.
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       10-22-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
Thanks Grant.
Don't trip on the boat, it's on it's way. I ordered my tower box, and it comes with Audiovox 6X9's.I'm going to hook up my jensen amp with 18 gauge wire. It will be so loud
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-22-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
brian here's a 6x9 box
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23807&item=7109011 388&rd=1
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-05-2004, 6:26 PM Reply   
FOCALS!!! I recently installed my new system in my XLV and did a boat load of research to make sure I was going to be happy with it. After all, we're not talking about a system in an enclosed car. Hell, that's easy! Let's see ya do it in open space on a boat? In fact this past summer a good friend of mine who works for Car Toys had me come down to a competition they were having. When I got there the guys running the show wouldn't let me enter my boat in the competition!! What? Too scared my open air system will beat your enclosed system? Anyway, I run 12 Focal 6.5" and they rock! Crank them all the way up with little or no distortion. Depending on the recording. You know your speakers are good when they distort at max not because of your amps or the speakers, but because of the recording! I have the bottom line, couldn't afford the top or mid, and they blow the top of the line of MB Quart, Infinity, Sony, Boston Accustics and all of them away. I would love to upgrade them, and someday I will. $$$$$ I HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest Focals. Nothing and I mean nothing beats them!!! I challenge anyone to a sound off against my system. And I mean anyone!!! They are the BEST hands down, no questions!
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-05-2004, 9:56 PM Reply   
Kraig,
I always enjoy hearing about someone that is in love with what they have put together. Like Harold's system, I'm sure it rocks.
I'm trying to figure out a way that the two of you can have your "Throw down" sound off.
One of you in Cali, the other in the Rockies...could make it tough.
Then again, how many "Big Systems" are there ... in the Rockies to know what "Big" is? You're the first one I've heard spew.
Don't get me wrong, Focal's, even the cheaper ones are nice when they hold up. And you are absolutely right about the differences of car stero and open area boats, but please don't think that you're the first to realize that....not on this board anyway.Just havin some fun.

D out
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-05-2004, 11:58 PM Reply   
i havent done tower system yet, but i would consider horn drivers...

they are very efficent and very clear... i do know image dynamics make a horn tweeter...but with all being said, most horn systems require equalization of some sort.

imo, the amp has alot to do with it....you gotta have clean power with regulated power supplies..
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-06-2004, 6:51 AM Reply   
Mike,
Yes you are correct IMO. Horn Tweeters, or more often referred to as HLCD's (Horn Loaded Compression Drivers) are indeed extremely efficient. So much so that an eq, separate power source and or attenuation and crossovers are essential. Depending on the method you choose would dictate the regulated pwr supply or not. Actually, I would recommend a regulated pwr supply in any set up. It's just that they are usually a bunch more expensive.
In themselves, actual HLCD power requirments are quite low. Again, several options exist on how to use them in a system.
As you may know, the NVS system uses 2 Titanium Dome 1 inch throat compression drivers mounted to a Horn lens with a dispersion of 60 by 40 degrees.
I've chosen these along with the larger cone woofers for the NVS system because they project the sound way beyond what ANY car based system can do. But that was the purpose, to get the most clean volume possible to the rider.
Regarding the "Eliptihorns" that Image D offers. The compression drivers IMO are a bit smallish for the task (actually designed for use in a car) and the horn lenses are not conducive to covering a large enough area i.e. wide but short, IMO. But, still better then most car audio based set ups.

D out
www.NVS1.net
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-06-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
duane,

the nvs look like the ticket....good desigh - the larger drivers (2- 8" or 10") per channel and the horns are the way to go.

how is the sound quality on the nvs ????? do they need to be eq'ed ?

btw, the regulated power supplies arent that more expensive...a little more but not that much (jl slash series) when you get into that class of amps (ie clean power)

i would at least do the class d and reg. power supply on the sub amp ( minimizes the biggest electrical draw on the system)

thanks for the heads up on nvs.

mike
}
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-07-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
Mike,
Thanks for the heads up on the Slash series. I honestly have not looked/tested those...yet.
Regarding sound quality, I'm always hesitant to say much about that because I don't want to come off like a salesman pitching his product. That's one reason I try my best to allow the interrested person an opportunity to check it out themselves...behind the boat, i.e. Free demos (in fact I'm doing another one today). Otherwise, I suggest you do a search on NVS and see what people that have heard them say. I think what they say would have more value then what I would tell you.
Regarding EQ's: Here again, may be personal oppinion but mine is "No" you don't. I am not aware of any NVS set ups in fact that are EQ'd at this time. I am a proponent of EQ's on any sizeable system but would say that they are certanly not needed for the average install.(then again what's average?)
Sorry for redirect on the thread. If you would like to know more on how they come set up and ready for a single channel per module, send me an email at the website and I'd be happy to give you more information and maybe figure a way that you can hear them. Or just give me a call 408-569-6040 Probably like you, I could talk about this stuff all day.
D out
www.NVS1.net
Old    whitechocolate            11-07-2004, 9:52 AM Reply   
We are going to use these HLCD on Jude's tower box,

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/frameset.asp

Old    whitechocolate            11-07-2004, 9:56 AM Reply   
Woops sorry the link dosent show the HLCD horn's If you want to see them they are the EH-2's you can see them in the Loudspeakers link on crossfire's website
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-07-2004, 10:19 AM Reply   
Grant,
I've looked/listened to a set of these before in a car install.
Have you listened to them yet?
Since I didn't get my hands actually on them I don't know what size the throat is (I think 1 inch or less), or the weight or other data on the magnet etc. nor is that info on the website. Do you have any further data?
What else are you puting in the box?

D out
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-07-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
Grant, I see that you finished the Enzo a few months ago but have seen zero feed back about. How does it sound? You happy with it?
Old    whitechocolate            11-07-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
Duane; The Crosfire HLCD's are sort of new. I dont know why there web site dosent show there tec Info. One look at them and you can tell they are the real deal the magnet on them is about 5 inches around. No doubt they are gonna scream. We are gonna run 2 horns and 4 "8 inch" drivers shooting back. Also 4 "6 inch" componets shooting down. It should tear it up pretty good.
check them out you might like them.

All this talk of Loudest tower speakers who the "F" cares. You might have the loudest tower but if you dont have the bass to bump with it then you just a joker LOL. Music has more notes then just high's

IMO its all about ballance.

Darren. The Enzo sounds great, I real happy with it.
Old    bigdeal            11-07-2004, 9:12 PM Reply   
Grant, I never saw the finished Enzo project. Did you post up pics in a thread when it was done? If so, can you provide a link? If you didn't, could you post some up in a new thread? I'd really like to see how it turned out.

Sorry for the hyjack guys. Now back to your regularly scheduled topic......
Old    whitechocolate            11-08-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
Mike: Enzo tower box photos. Start to Finish
http://svtsupercharged.com/gallery/album08
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-09-2004, 6:16 AM Reply   
here's the link to the EH-2 horns

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/frameset.asp

looks liek its not working, go to "products" up top, then "loudspeakers" then "eh-2"
Old     (mbrown2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-09-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
Not too Highjack, but on NVS Sound Quality...it is good on the swim step, great 70' back of the swim step...Also, my system is not eq'd...but they are x'd-over at around 175 a little lower then Duane's recommends, but the driver is still barely moving but the mid bass just jabs in you the chest at that setting...
Old    blr            11-09-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
Hey Kraig - I'll do a sound off w/ ya.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-09-2004, 4:46 PM Reply   
Are you ready to rumble?

Kraig are you ready?

BR are you ready?

Let's get it on! wait a minute, where's Kraig? LOL just mess'n
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-14-2004, 9:29 AM Reply   
Not to start a peeing contest or anything, but I got a good chuckle out of Kraig's challenge.

Put our boats 160 feet apart, facing directly at each other, and everybody can stand in the middle.

Add 12 more 6.5s and you might have something...

NVS

Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       11-14-2004, 9:01 PM Reply   
Instead of this being a competition...if you guys want we could all meet out on the water and tie up. Then you could walk from boat to boat and see which speaker you think is loudest. I'm in for that. I'm running Pionner 5-way 6x9's.
Grant you in? I'll bring the Casadorres!!
Not much else to do when its this F-in cold!
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-14-2004, 9:50 PM Reply   
Hi, Harold,

Sorry to highjack post. Your system does ROCK and is the loudest system I have heard. There is always snowboarding to do in the winter. Let's go. Plus Shasta next season bought a houseboat, you and the boys got to go. Tell Billy and the Doughboy I said Hello!
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-14-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
Walking boat to boat could prove painfull. At near full volume you are not able to stand on Joes' Babe Deck or Swim Deck.
Harold, your joking with the 5 way thing right?
I know you put up something real nice but honestly I don't know, besides the W7's, what you did.

Duane
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       11-14-2004, 10:53 PM Reply   
Whats up Kimmy? You can email me its all good!
Haroldseven@comcast.net
I will tell everyone you say hello. Thanks!

Duane- No man...im not joking! I am running The pioneer 6x9's on my tower. Cheap speakers but they perform well for me. And yes they are 5- way 6x9's. Lucked out because they match the color of my boat. The back of our boats usually becomes a dance party- Right on top of the V drive. The stereo is usually right below full volume. At the rear of my swim deck we used Grants DB meter and it was at 125 db (Grant correct me if im wrong.)
At this volume they are loud and clear and barely starting to clip. Painfull......yes. But when you have a few women dancing with you...its hardly noticeable
If you want....there are a few people that are going out for new years day to the delta...we can meet up then?
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       11-14-2004, 11:10 PM Reply   
SANTE tower box
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-14-2004, 11:39 PM Reply   
I can vouch for the pionner 6x9's too, they are cheap & look disco but they crank.

Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-15-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
Alrighty then,I have seen them but not heard them.
New Years Day? We usually try do do a double on that day/weekend, i.e. Snowboard Wakeboard but if that doesn't go down or the plan is to Wakeboard Sat, then the party on the Delta sounds great.
My recollection is that you guys go out of Orwood. That right?
If so you could even stop at my Hot tub to warm up on the way back...as long as it's not a sausage fest!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-15-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
joe ~ sick boat bro. 808's or 1010's?
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-15-2004, 8:22 AM Reply   
Thanks Ant, they are 1010's running on an Orion 8004 amp.

Duane is correct, NOBODY will stand on that sun deck while the stereo is at max volume. I've done it before for a few seconds. I didn't really hear music. My ear drums were rattling so hard it just sounded like a jet taking off. Stand 75 feet away, then your ears can handle it and you hear the true definition of "loud and clear."

Sitting in the back seat is no problem, as the sound just shoots over your head and it sounds great. You DO NOT want to line up your head with those big chrome grills though!

Old    wuneyewilly            11-15-2004, 9:35 AM Reply   
Hey Joe-

Hows the weight of those 2 1010 sets on your ZeroFlex? I know they are heavy...does your tower shake like a Buick on bad gas? I have the same tower and have considered migrating from my current 3 sets of B60s.

Duane- i know its been brought up b4...any plans to offer grills other than the flamer design? The price for 2 1010 sets is painful, but having to run flames too, i'll keep waiting!
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       11-15-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
Duane- sounds good man. I think that Grant and I will be out new years day. I have never been out that day before....so this will be a first. No sausage fest here man....if it is...we wont be stopping for anyhing- wakeboarding all day and go home. Party with women not dudes! (If only more people knew this-there wouldnt be as many problems on the water) ha ha!

Joe- Will you be able to make it out with your boat? I will be honest with you....I have never heard a boat that I couldnt stand on the back deck. The only place that I have not been able to stand in front of the speakers without covering my ears was at a House music night club- it was simply unbelievable
I would like to hear these speakers that you guys always talk about and meet you guys/hang out.

Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-15-2004, 10:37 AM Reply   
Harold, I like the way you think.
As we get closer to the date and a decent forcaste is in, we'll firm up the plans....looking forward to it.
Did we hijack this or what? sorry Brian etc.
D out
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       11-15-2004, 11:09 AM Reply   
haha...its all good. Brian is a good friend of mine. Hes usually in my boat but now has an 05 SANTE on the way.
Im in! Sounds good man...as it gets closer we'll get plans setup properly.
Old    whitechocolate            11-15-2004, 12:10 PM Reply   
Ok I have read all the posts and from what it sounds like, Correct me if Im wrong. You guys want to have a "NON sausage fest party" New Years day on the delta weather permitting, Where we can drink, play music, Listen to some banging systems and dance with some hot lady's,B.Y.O.H.L and pretend its summer. Humm Let me think about this????????? Sounds good to me count me in.

We need to set some rules.

#1 No Country Music.
#2 Absolutely No Country Music.
#3 Absolutely Positively No Country Music.
#4 No Sausage Boats
#5 You must "Rock IT"

Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       11-15-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
ah damn man...I just got some really good country too! OK- I will agree to that....no country music.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-15-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
Wuneyewilly- The speakers are definitely not light. I think each pod weighs 30 or 35 lbs. I live on a very rough country road, so the only time the tower shakes is on the drive down the road at 55mph. The shaking was starting to bother me, so I went through the hassle of tightening up the four main tower mount bolts, and it made a HUGE difference. Barely any wobble these days.

Harold- I'm gonna have to skip the new years trip. January is for motocross, not wakeboarding! If Duane's there, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to let you stand on his sun deck and get blasted.

It's a shame you guys have to do this in January, it sounds like fun and I always do my best to meet Grant's party rules, especially the no Country Music law!

x2beach
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       11-15-2004, 4:42 PM Reply   
Joe- Its all good man. Maybe we can meet up next summer.
Rock it!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-15-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
Ok, I'm back and I've got to ring back in here. Thank You Duane, I am very passionate about my system. I am very pleased with it. No there aren't too many systems around here to compare with, but there are plenty at Lake Havasu. I went down there thinking I would be average and couldn't find anyone to compare. Most likely an off couple weekends for the big boys. Found one guy who raved about his system and other people raved too. I couldn't even make out what the music was because of all the distortion. Quality counts over quantity. GRANT: I agree, you need bump in the system too! But beyond that, it's not just being the loudest, it's being the cleanest at high volume or at max volume. I do believe that there will be a few systems louder, but at the sacrifice of clean sound. Do with little or no distortion.
AND blr, LET'S DO IT! This summer, let's hook up do some boarding and compare choch size! LOL! It's all in good fun. But I DO STAND BEHIND MY SYSTEM!
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       11-15-2004, 5:46 PM Reply   
THIS IS HOW TO PARTY:
check this:
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       11-15-2004, 5:48 PM Reply   
THIS IS HOW NOT TO PARTY: Maybe time to go home?.......
time to go home
Old    blr            11-15-2004, 9:02 PM Reply   
Kraig - for sure! We can ride and chill. I do have a decent system, w/some definite bump and clarity, but more than anything just wanted peeps to see there is more than 1 ride with a system in colorado -grin- what color is your xlv? maybe I've seen it around, don;t do crazy chatfield too often but hit it some early mornings.
Old    whitechocolate            11-15-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
Harold thats some funny Shizzzzz. LOL

Duane is this how you roll??? You are breaking rule #4 Big time. Your systems are so loud they blasted all the girls off the back LOL.

Joe knows how to "Rock It". Joe your a P.I.M.P
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-15-2004, 11:36 PM Reply   
You guys....I can't say not'n except "Busted"
Maybe it's cus I'm not the young stud I once was. Maybe it's my old pick up lines that just aren't working anymore.
The truth acutally is that some of us are very happily married to women that know when to leave us alone. Here at Boardstock it was tough to get many ladies to commit to a whole day in one spot. And for rules, well lets just say I've broke'm all, and I mean all because rules are for sissy's......except the country music one!
Way to go Joe!

(Message edited by nvsairwarrior on November 15, 2004)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-17-2004, 6:55 PM Reply   
Harold - Two words - Salami fest!! OK two more - sword fights!! Some man-boobs in the crowd - especially the one dunkin' the wiener! Bummer, I thought boats attracted the babes!! Maybe no VLX in the crowd!!!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-17-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
The ladies do like VLX's for some reason....
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       11-18-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
WOOP WOOP! Pull over that a** too fatt.
Damn! Nice View!!!!
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-18-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
Whoa, what's going on here? Missed a couple days and the fun seems to have taken a turn.
Hey there BUZZ, I've got a couple of words for you.
The ribing prior to your post was largly in fun. Altough some people like to make themselves look like a big "Playa" in my book that's all cool unless something gets personal. YOU crossed that line and made it personal because you don't now anything about the person you are singling out. I'm going to tell you something about him.
A near 4.0 High School senior and All State Nose Tackle, 2 time top 5 finisher in junior mixed martial arts. A very good wakeboarder. Just accepted at UC Berkely for next fall. But most importantly my son.
Your profile shows you at 45, I would expect any man by this point to have learned where the line is. Yet your words suggest you have not.
I would like to give you a personal invite to my home or anyplace else so my son, and I, can meet you and get to know one another. Hopfully you're a nicer person then your post suggests.

While in this sport I've meet a ton of very nice people. Just like most in this thread and the ones pictured. They all support our sport because they like not only the sport itself, but the people in it. They may not all be "Playas", but so what....the more ladies for those that truely are. They are all good people and in no way deserving of any personal attacks.
I was beginning to wonder if any a** holes existed in this sport. A sincere apology could renew my faith.

Darren....very nice!

D out
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-18-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
unfortunatly, my boat is usualy a sword boat, its either wives and kids. or dudes . my wife wouldnt understand if i called a bunch of chicks to go wakeboarding. i do try to invite the dudes w/ the hot chicks.most of my friends wives/girlfriends dont ride and dont want to.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-20-2004, 2:22 AM Reply   
Duane,

First of all, to you, especially your son, and the others in the pic, my apologies. I absolutely did NOT intend for my post to be personal in ANY way.

I always check my posts before sending them, but I should have looked this one over much better. After looking at it again, it was over the line. I was in no way trying to single anyone out, or trying to make anyone feel bad. If it seemed that way (and apparently did), I am sorry. I was only trying to chime in on the "how not to party" caption above the pic, but should not have made any specific comments about anyone in particular. My only intention was "joking" about the number of guys in comparison, just like many other posts do. The rest should have been left out. Like I said, after looking back at my post, it was wrong. I have had my boat loaded with guys, and taken a good ribbing for it, all in good stride, but it was not in as much of a public forum as this one was.

I assure you I am not an you put it. Ask anyone that knows me, and you will find I am just the opposite. I am also not a "Playa". I have many guys and girls on my boat all the time, but I assure you I do not have the "playa" mentality.

I live for boating, wakeboarding, and hanging with friends just like you guys in the pic. I am a huge supporter of boarding, and have personally introduced probably close to 40 persons to boarding in the past 3 years.

As for the invite to your house, I would be glad to meet you both, but not to get thumped. I would probably offer you both beers, and offer to give you a pull instead. Maybe on the water someday we can meet, and you will see that I am not the a$$ you think I am (or the way I made myself sound).

Sorry to cast such a dark shadow on this thread. It was not my intention, and will not happen again.