Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    bigj            12-14-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
Pat, I dont think I was being harsh on Mike.
I am just tired of going on W.W., M.B.O., Wakeboarder just to see this guy cry the blues.
In response to your post, I still think you are missing the point. Malibu has created this boat to be a price point wakeboard boat.(V drive for under 40K). But then you add ballast, engine upgrade, heater, depth finder, tower lites, tower speakers. IT IS NOT GOING TO BE A PRICE POINT BOAT EQUIPPED LIKE THIS.
On the other hand, The only thing Mike has posted is a blank sales sheet with a bunch of scribble on it. I dont see any bottom line numbers on that sheet he posted which means he is basing all this on the assumption that his dealer was going to charge him full MSRP. It looks to me like Brad C didnt pay MSRP and got a decent deal. Maybe the dealer saw this Mike guy as the thorn in the side they didnt want to deal with. Smart decision IMO.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-14-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
Brad said he got his for almost $48k out the door with very little options!!!
My x-2 has every option available for almost $53k out the door.so we are talking about $5k.I didn't want to buy a boat for over $40k and be on the water and say...DAWM a heater would be nice..a shower would be nice..not to even talk about perfect pass..for all the options some people are paying mine came standard.
only options

HEATER
SHOWER
PP
AND TOWER SPEAKERS
all the other stuff was STANDARD for under $53k OTD
Old     (alotta_fagina)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-14-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
Mike's 'Quote' sheet doesn't look like anything more than marks on a retail sheet. It's odd that it doesn't have any name, date, signature, and especially the deal figures! Without a lot of that info, who's to say it's legit?

I agree that $42k is an inflated price, but there also appears to be some options listed as standard that are not included according to Malibu. Wouldn't a legitimate quote from a dealer contain all figures (including a total MSRP and any discounts that they may offer you) tallied up resulting in a bottom line price?

Some of the options you claim to be mandatory, are not even marked. Why?

(Message edited by alotta on December 14, 2004)
Old    bigj            12-14-2004, 11:17 AM Reply   
Ed, Reread the post from Brad C, It was equipped very similar to what Mike posted. By the way, were you dealing with the same dealer as Mike when you looked @ Malibu?
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-14-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
OK, Just so everyone understands correctly, Bill, mine came with the upgraded extreme trailer including all the options you mentioned and I still paid base of $38,900.00. Ed, I got all the options available minus the upgraded motor, heater, shower and tower speakers and paid 47K out the door. If you remember, you saw my boat at Elsinore a couple months back.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-14-2004, 12:18 PM Reply   
YES and a very nice boat at that!!!Congrats.

MOTOR UPGRADE ~ $1000-$1500 I forget
SHOWER ~ $800-$1000
HEATER ~ $500
TOWER SPEAKERS ~ $1500 (roughly)
ohh dual battery ~ $200

Roughly about $4000 + so you are at, at least $51k
Old    jzwake            12-14-2004, 12:22 PM Reply   
FYI the monsoon upgrade is only $650. if your being quoted more, RUN.
Old    bigj            12-14-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
Ed, little high on options there.
Look @ Mike's Sheet.
Motor Upgrade/Looks like 600.00
Shower/ Looks like 400.00

I'll give the other ones to you, But keep in mind Brad's is an 2005 compared to your 2004
So its a toss up who got the better deal, even after the M/C dealer took 15K off the MSRP of your boat.

Once again, Were you dealing with the same Malibu dealer as Mike and Brad?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-14-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
I was talking on the options MC gave me and their prices,I wasn't talking about Malibu!

And just imagine how cheap my boat really would have been if I didn't take it with all options.OMG
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-14-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
Ohh and if the motor upgrade was 600 and shower 400..DAWM I GOT RIPPED OFF!!I should have went to you Bill.hahahaha.lolyou crack me up!!
Old    bigj            12-14-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
Maybe you and Clubmike can whine together, He didnt get the boat he wanted and you have to justify what a good deal you got after a 15K discount.

Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-14-2004, 1:02 PM Reply   
Wow, finding the facts among all of these opinions is tough. Is this about right?

- A V-Ride is basically a stripped down '04 VLX with a low base price.

- If you add all the options, a V-Ride costs about the same as a similarly equipped '04 VLX.

- A loaded V-Ride will cost just slightly less than a similarly loaded X-2.

SO, you've got a price point boat in the base V-Ride. If you chose to option it out, it's no longer a price point boat. Instead it is just like the '04 VLX. An equivalent V-Ride is priced competitively with the X-2, just as the VLX was in '04.

I don't see anything wrong here. Also, I don't know why people are slamming the V-Ride for not being a "bargain". I don't think anyone ever claimed that it was. It's just more flexible in its options and starts at a lower price.

Did I miss anything?
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-14-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
Excellent point Salmon Tacos. I must say I figured you'd be posting sooner. You didn't miss much in you post either. Malibu probably just didn't want to get rid of a good hull design in the '04 VLX, so they renamed it the V-ride. Almost exactly like MC and the X-Star turned X-2. Only difference is MC didn't publish MSRP on a stock X-2 and call it an entry level or value boat. MC wouldn't do this because they a) don't want to market as a value boat (something malibu doesn't mind because all along they have been marketed as a value compared to MC and CC although the price gap is closing), and b) MC wouldn't be able to call it a value boat because their MSRP is inflated more than most boat manufacturers.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-14-2004, 1:31 PM Reply   
Bill ~ Never claimed I got a good deal on mine.I was just posting MY facts.I don't mind paying more for better,that's why I got the MC x-2.
Ryan ~ The other difference is that MC didn't strip it and add cheaper vinyl and cheaper carpet.on the contrary they are constantly improving... the vinyl,tower,etc.quality in general!!
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-14-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
Did we confirm that the V-ride had cheaper vinyl and carpet? I thought the difference was in rub rails, carpet around the cupholders, etc. They still offer all the top of the line components with the V-Ride, you can get the Illusion tower and all other '04 VLX options it appears. If they decreased vinyl and carpet then as always I'm an idiot. Kinda the same thing as MC then.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-14-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
Hey Ed did you see where Bill Johnson is from?

I bet you he's an inbred from Primeville
Old    bigj            12-14-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
Buger,Did you say something boat mooch?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-14-2004, 2:07 PM Reply   
aawwww did I tickle a nerve

and it's Toeside Bug to you Biatch!!!
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-14-2004, 2:17 PM Reply   
Well it only took almost 100 posts for this thread to go over the top. At least it was informative for a while. Bill you gotta accept the fact that a lot of people a pretty darn opinionated about the boats they buy and own. What you see as whining is merely defending the boat they own. I'd probably give up on this argument before you fall too far behind. I'm with you on the V-ride it seems like a good idea to keep it around and test the waters with it, but calling people crybabies and boogers doesn't earn much respect for your opinion.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-14-2004, 5:46 PM Reply   
As I stated before, it must be the dealer. My dealer told me I could have purchased a vRide with monsoon, premium carpet, board racks, rear mls, wedge, perfect pass, stereo, and trailer (boatmate t/a with brakes or smp)for 41,000 including all freight and prep. Also I asked him about the vinyl and it is the same as all the other boats, there are just a few areas there is more carpet (around cupholders for one), but as you can see on the above boat he upgraded the carpet to the same carpet as the rest, so for 41 the vRide is one hell of a deal. especially compared to the x-2's which in my area seem to compete with the vlx in price. All malibu did was take what was pretty much the 02-03 vlx and name it the vRide, they took off some of the standards from 04 so they could offer a base boat for less, especially since a lot of parents don't see the need for the extra ballast, etc.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-14-2004, 6:11 PM Reply   
This is just what I heard, I am not positive and I wasn't able to confirm with my Malibu dealer yet either, but....I heard from the water line down of the hull the 05 Vride and VLX are the same, the hull differences are above the water line, trying to make it feel more like the LSV...anyone else heard that?
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-14-2004, 6:54 PM Reply   
It is not identical, but it is a smaller hull than the boat, the sides flare out and the floor lays where the hull moves in. I was told they did this to let the boat sink easier and to keep the wake from widening too much.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-14-2004, 8:34 PM Reply   
the whole idea behind fourms and posting is real feedback and experiences..wether good or bad..unless you live in a all encompassing panacea(bill johnson- you may need a dictionary for "panacea" and hopefully you will figure out the rest)

good dealer interactions should be praised and repeat and new business should be the result. the opposite is true also...

bad dealer interactions (such as intentional overcharging and poor serivce) should be a "caveat emptor" for any potential buyer...and hopefully the seller will "mend their ways" and if not then hopefully shut down

there are plenty of satisfied mc,san, and bu owners out there who bought from good dealers and bad boats/bad experiences as well...finding a good dealer is hard if you dont know what to look for -and if this is your first time buying a boat- you want to make the best informed $45k-$55k decision you can.

just as a heads up regarding the overpricing from paradise(the sales quote is legit- sorry for the low res)....the west coast malibu rep callled me and acknowledgd and apologized for the overcharging of Paradise(they have done this before...)he offered me a vride or new a 04 vlx ( what i was looking for)..

there is no way i would ever, ever buy from a slime bucket of dealer and have them service my boat not matter how cheap the price was...

i have recieved ALOT of emails from the malibu website from people who ran into the SAME THING from paradise (they were looking to buy or have overpayed and later found out)

HOPEFULLY Paradise has stopped overcharging MSRP(it would appear from brads posting)

btw, if you are looking at a vride... you owe it to yourself to check out mastercraft and nautique...all are the best of the best (though the vride can get up there in price if you add the options)

and really, really get find out the reputation of the dealer before you buy..
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-14-2004, 8:43 PM Reply   
If anyone is in the market, I have an 04 VLX with 75hrs for sale in So-Cal. Mint condition. I can let it go for $43500. Includes a set of Fusion three ways and a Diamond Audio amp.
stevebates2@yahoo.com
I can also deliver to WA, OR, CA, AZ, NV.
Old     (drakewake)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-15-2004, 2:27 AM Reply   
Is there any reason that nobody is talking about the Malibu '05 LSV. I rode behind it about 2 months ago and fell in love with it. I am assuming that it has the same hull as the VLX, but I don't know if I like the seating layout. Does anybody know of a downside to the LSV? or does anyone want to share a perk to the VLX layout that I am not seeing?
Thanks for the help.
Old    jzwake            12-15-2004, 6:12 AM Reply   
Scott, the VLX is just more popular because it has been their premier wakeboard boat for 6 years now. The LSV is nice, think VLX but much more space in the wrap around seating. The wake is a little wider as well compared to the 2004 VLX. I have not ridden behind the new VLX yet.

my Opinion is that the VLX is large enough not to consider the LSV unless I had like 8 friends who came riding with me everytime.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-15-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
clubmyke ~ I 2nd that!!

Bill ~ You are from BEND(over) OR. hahahahahaa
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-15-2004, 12:38 PM Reply   
IMO the LSV is for family uses, not just wakeboarding, but entertaining and spending the whole day on the water and not going to shore. The LSV being a bigger boat will need more weight to sink it. So if you are planning on going out with the three people and boarding, you don't need the extra 3ft, but if you are planning on consistently going out with 8+ people and taking kids and all their gear, then the extra space in the LSV would be nice.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-15-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
Big Ed.. i didnt notice where Bill was from ( Kinda reminds me of the movie "Deliverence"-" come'on squeal like pig")

Wwwaaayyyy tttooo funnny !!!!

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-15-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
Mike ~ HAHAHAA

Bill ~ AntBug Is MY boat mooch.so it's Ok!!Do you even have a boat??Or are you a mooch also livin with your MOm??!!BUAHAHAHAAA
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-15-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
???
Old     (drakewake)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-15-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
Thanks JZwake, I was confusing the VLX with the XTi. Does anybody like the seating layout of the XTi? I think the driver would get a little lonely up there. I have had the engine in my way for to long in the direct drive and I am loving the idea of having all the room of a V drive. The party area in the back would be cool but I don't know if I am sold on it.
Too much room in the boat, not a problem for me. That is why I like the LSV
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-15-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
AntBug ~ Calm down I was talking to Bill not to you!!You don't live with your mom do you?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-15-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
damn your blowing my cover. How am I going to get any ladies now
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-15-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAjust too funny...stomack..the side..the face...hurts
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-15-2004, 4:04 PM Reply   
hahaha cant stop hahaha tears..it hurts!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-15-2004, 5:49 PM Reply   
TSB, chicks love a man that lives at home, everyone a snag.