Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-02-2004, 11:47 PM Reply   
What changes would you like to see in the future for wakeboard/ski boats.Would like to hear all ideas, crazy or not.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-03-2004, 7:10 AM Reply   
Cheaper boats!
Old    rugr            12-03-2004, 7:19 AM Reply   
A Sno-cone maker option an all models.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-03-2004, 7:51 AM Reply   
stripper pole option More fuel efficient motors. Don't knwo how, but would be nice
Old    woopededoo            12-03-2004, 8:21 AM Reply   
How bout a device that heats the water behind the boat to allow for an extended season. brrrrr....

but really, I would like to see some competition to perfect pass so the prices will drop.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-03-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
how bout a dryer in the back to dry towels, wetsuits, life jackets, etc. I'm sick of having to put on a wet vest. Like the one they put in dude's bus on "Pimp My Ride".

If all boats came with a reef chick for a spotter I wouldn't complain either.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-03-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
If a totally different direction was taken to enlarge or change the wake. It seems that the current method whether it be tanks, bags or a wedge type device is to sink the boat to displace more water. If the hull was able to have flaps, tunnels, etc to redirect the water to form a large wake, that could possibly be a method of the future.
Old    aircox            12-03-2004, 9:20 AM Reply   
How about a retractable Tower.Push a button and it unfolds and conceals itself in the hull and top deck... I like the heated water and dryer idea...Maybe heated floors too
Old    whitechocolate            12-03-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
Whitechocolte will come out with his own line of Boats:
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-03-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
Ice-breaker option for boats sold in the NE.

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-03-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
Underfloor heating. Diesel power options.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       12-03-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
hmm under floor heating would be awesome, and i cna't see it being that far off. same with heated seats.

I to would like to see something new to create a fat wake. some kind of channeling or something...
Old    woopededoo            12-03-2004, 11:48 AM Reply   
I wish these built-in coolers in boats would be removable, so It would be easier for me load and clean, while at the same time be out of the way in the boat.

it would also be nice for boats to have and option for a built in air pump to air up those....err...tubes. hehehehehe

Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-03-2004, 1:03 PM Reply   
how about a device that sends another roller toward the rider, kind of creating a double up without actually having to loop around
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-03-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
Careful guys. You are going to post your idea up hear and then see it in next years lineup without seeing a dime.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-03-2004, 3:35 PM Reply   
yeah there have been a bunch of really good ideas. I bet we see them all
Old     (cwbrider14)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-03-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
Im down with the radiant floor heating, seat warmers, a speed sensing mechanism to increase and decrease the loudness of the radio while driving. I want the Chrome hand rails to be heated. Ummm a cool ass tent extension for us nutballs who would rather sleep on the boat then set up camp. Anchor that automatically lowers and raises from the bottom of the boat. Built in GPS. And a few other dozen ideas or so.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-03-2004, 4:58 PM Reply   
Indoor wakeboarding under the dome like monster truck competitions
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-03-2004, 6:39 PM Reply   
How about a wake handle that plugs into the stereo with mini speakers in the handle so the rider can actually listen to the music?? and waterproof also....
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-03-2004, 8:35 PM Reply   
Auto-stop on the cassette player
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-03-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   
Here's one we will see:

Retractable ropes for the Wakeboard/tubing/etc. that retract into the tower AND can be set to exact distances....Take it a step further, retractable dock lines made of some super stretchy hi tech material which will making docking a breeze.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-03-2004, 10:05 PM Reply   
Wakeboard handle with stereo controls on one end and perfect pass up/down on the other.
Old    aircox            12-03-2004, 10:28 PM Reply   
Tyler, take it one more step and have the boat shoot out lines with grappling hooks on it to catch the dock and pull you in......

Like Spiderboat with hooks, watch your feet people!
Old    aircox            12-03-2004, 10:29 PM Reply   
I see the engineers going oh yeah, I should have thought of that, I can make that happen... another level, thats what I like!
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       12-05-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
tyler, its called a ski reel. they are already available, pretty pricey though i think :-)
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-05-2004, 8:11 PM Reply   
These are some we are working on - all tower related

AirKeg pony-kek holder
TowerCliner Lounge Chair
WakeBaby Tower Baby Seat & Swing
TowerChanger baby changing station
TowerFuzz - Quick release fuzzy dice
Tower Spinners
WakeWing - Wake Enhancenment Foil
TowerGeek Laptop computer holder
TowerBar Portable tower bar with wet sink
TowerLine - Clothsline and environmentally friendly towel dryer
TowerHook Dockline Holder
TowerBoom Tower Boombox holder, the ultimate in tower tunes
TowerCool Air Conditioner
TowerFlame Candle Holder
TowerFridge
Tower-Que barbeque grill
TowerSnooze Hammock
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-06-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
O.K. No laughing.....I thought of this while I was watching a show on the bombing of German Dams in World War II. This guy designs a bomb to be dropped from a war plane and bounces on the water until it nails the dam, them sinks and explodes. Anyway, He tested many different surfaces of the bomb and decides the best surface with least resistance is dimpled, like a golf ball. Then the show a driving machine that hits the ball with the exact force each time. A normal golf ball goes approx 300 yards, the same weight/shape ball with no dimples goes about 150 yards.
How about a boat with a dimpled bottom, reducing friction, improving gas milage and time to plane, and possibly improving wake shape.

Chime in! Come on, I know you're out there!
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       12-06-2004, 6:00 PM Reply   
The dimples on a golf ball create turbulance, creating a low pressure area that gives the ball lift and allows the ball to stay in the air longer. Sounds like the the exact opposite of what you want the boat to do. Now dimples on the bottom of a wakeboard....Hmmm
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-06-2004, 6:17 PM Reply   
I don't know about dimples but a perfectly smooth
hull would be slower than one that has some texture to it. That would be very interesting to test.

(Message edited by krbaugh on December 06, 2004)
Old     (dls)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-06-2004, 6:39 PM Reply   
I remember seeing an old wakeboard with dmples on it, must not have worked to well havent seen one since.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-06-2004, 7:43 PM Reply   
Yeah, they're called phazers (or something like that). They made boards really slick on landings because of that air that got trapped under the board.

My input: the future will show the first successful market for fuel cells to be wakeboard boats. We all already spend way too much on our boats, and then bitch about the price of gas. We will fork the money out for the new tech because it will be nearly free to run, and the weight of the fuel cell system will be a welcome compliment to the rest of the ballast we sink our boats with. Soon thereafter, when gas goes to $50.00 a gallon, the rest of the world will come around, and wakeboarders everywhere will be praised for saving the human race from the inevitable post-petro extinction.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-06-2004, 9:35 PM Reply   
I'm with Matt. We need to ban OPEC and their high priced, environmentally damaging gasoline permanently. Also, it would make wakesurfing a lot safer because you wouldn't have to breathe any exhaust fumes.
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       12-06-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
I think alternate power sources for boats is a great idea. Fuel cells i am not sold on, just switching the conversion of energy from internal combustion to pre-processing to get the hydrogen needed to power them. A hybrid design seems to make the most sense - heck the boat is in the sun all day long, why not just make a hull and deck out of solar cells ;-) The batteries and a diesel generator would be a welcome weight addition to the wake enhancement section. Seriously, there has to be a better way to power these things - 8 - 10 gallons per hour is just crazy. But i will spend it until something else comes along, win the lottery or i lose my job.
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-07-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
Alternative fuel, whatever it is would be my vote.
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-07-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
I agree that hybrid is the way to go. Electric assist for hole shot, then regerenerate during cruising.

Add ten or so Pb-Acid batteries = 400+lbs!!