Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    zboomer            11-08-2004, 9:45 AM Reply   
I try to steer clear of these type questions, but help a ww buddy out. :-)

I'm thinking about dropping the bomb and getting a Nautique SANTE. Local dealer has an '04 on the lot, pretty tricked out, I'm interested in.

Any idea what kind of discount I should push for, being it's now off-season, and it's a left-over '04? The MSRP on this thing is well north of $60k, and that's way steep IMO.

Also, any major changes on the '05's I would want? They have some '05's also, but I'd just as soon take the '04 if I could get a deal, and there are no major changes worth the extra cost.

Help appreciated.
thanks!
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-08-2004, 9:55 AM Reply   
The only thing that changed between '05 and '04 was the tower design and a few color options. Lots of folks prefer the '04 tower. Not to up on the pricing--depends on your area. A good place to start is NADA pricing for the '03's. '03's are listed at about 40K--add $5K to the price and that would be a decent for an '04 maybe get them to toss in some canvas or tower speakers.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-08-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
The tower is changed back to the 2003 style. Another change is the standard stereo in the 2005 is upgraded.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-08-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
My dealer took 5k off of my 04 LE when I bought it. It was the last 04 he had in stock so he wanted to move it befoe the 05's started comming in. Talk to you dealer and see if there is some incentive for him to get rid if it. I cant be 100% sure but I believe there is. I believe mine was approximately 2500 and the dealer matched it, hence 5k off.
Like everyone said the tower changed in 05 and so did the stereo. IMO the stereo is the weakest part of the boat. Your probally going to change it out like most everyone has.
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-08-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
Not a lot changed between '04-'05.

The tower as mentioned above reverted back to the '03 style tower.
The anchor light was moved to the tower.
Polk speakers were implemented instead of Clarion.
Tower speakers available from factory.
Tower mounted mirror bracket was added.
RCA jack for MP3 player was added.

You can find pictures here:
http://www.planetnautique.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid= 34

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1688
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-08-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
Micah,
Are you dissatisfied with that sharp looking Supra SSV?? I am under the impression that the SAN is a smaller boat than the SSV.
Old    zboomer            11-08-2004, 3:50 PM Reply   
Man, I love the SSV to be honest. No idea why I'm looking, sometimes I just like change. :-)
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-09-2004, 12:43 AM Reply   
pricing is very regional...

i got a new 05 from my local dealer for less than a new 04 in arizona ( i travel 3 states so i priced my boat to make sure i was getting a fair deal ).

imo 60k for a 04 sante might be little on the high side but what does it have for options and trailer ?

i would also price a 05 limited with what you want and the colors scheme you want and go from there.

agree with above- the stereo is a major wink link. i would order without and get a credit.

good luck !!!
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-09-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
I've not priced SANTE's since February--please don't tell me SANTE's are over $60K! There have been no major design changes in the 210. In 2003 the SANTE was less then an X-Star. In 2005 the SANTE is now more than the X-Star? Correct Craft loves haveing the most expensive boat on the water. Sure does seem like Correct Craft owners are paying for the name.
Old    zboomer            11-09-2004, 6:07 PM Reply   
MSRP on this '04 SANTE, it's NOT an '05, is $63k, which includes a bimini, but NOT cover or trailer.

So, MSRP around $67,500 with trailer and cover.

Obviously, unless they can knock a sh*tload off that, all I'll be doing is looking.

Admittedly it has about every option they offer, but STILL, damn.
Old    zboomer            11-09-2004, 6:31 PM Reply   
Ok, I know some will ask how so much, here's the msrp of options. All are printed on the msrp sticker, but I made a guess on the cover.

They have it discounted, but I was thinking I should be able to get this thing with trailer for under $58k, or is that expecting too much?

2004 Nautique 210 $46,732
PCM 6.0 MPI 375 hp $3,500
Team Package $9,580
Cleats (pull-out stern 2) $120
Docking Lights $200
Flip-up drivers seat $120
Heater, 3-speed with defroster $600
Rear Tow Pylon $300
Stern light, retractable $300
Bimini Top $690
Tower Speakers WD RFG $800
Trailer $4,000
Cover $550
MSRP $67,492
Old     (supraboard)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-10-2004, 4:30 PM Reply   
why not get a Supra '05 24SSV with all that and priced about 12 grand cheaper?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-10-2004, 5:23 PM Reply   
Damn, what's involved with the Team Package? Is that tower & tanks? Yeah there is no way in hell you should have to pay $70k after tax, etc. for a 2004 boat. These folks are trippin'. Do a little research and show them what you could get it for & they will hopefully realize the error in their ways.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-10-2004, 5:49 PM Reply   
That's crazy expensive. I just bought a new 04 SSV about 6 weeks ago and thought it was expensive. You fools ball hard to drop 60k on a wake boat.

Props!
Old    zboomer            11-10-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
Re. SSV24, I'm not looking for a bigger boat. I do 90% of my boating with 4 people on board, on a small lake. I liked some of the features on the SAN, like keyless ignition, killer dash, hard ballast tanks with gauges, etc, but as cool as that stuff is, the price is really turning me off.

I'm agreeing that price seems off the charts, that's why I made this post. Nautique doesn't post prices on their web site, so I guess you just have to believe whatever the dealer tells you. I am TRYING to do research, but for some reason price chatting seems taboo on all the forums, for a reason I have no clue.

The price I listed was their supposed MSRP, I think they were asking about $5k under that, which is still off the charts, so I'm probably going to blow that off. Maybe it's an inflated MSRP to make you look like they're giving you a great deal, but it's backfiring on me.

Note to boat dealers, if you put a stupid price on the windshield or even verbally, you're losing customers. Many (like me) won't go to the trouble of trying to figure out what the REAL price is.

Case in point, I have lost interest in this boat, due to the ridiculous MSRP, regardless of what I could actually get it for. The dealer will never know why, but he'll have a boat sitting there that might have otherwise sold.

The only thing worse is having NO price listed, and making MSRP some nebulous number like the local Malibu dealer keeps doing to me.

Kudos to Supra for having an actual pricing configurator online. I guess everyone else is embarrassed with their prices. Buying a boat shouldn't be this hard.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-10-2004, 8:55 PM Reply   
Micah - if you like the boat, make them an offer (something reasonable)...worst case is they say no, then you are still in the same place.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-10-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   
BTW - I own an '04 SAN limited. 58k out the door should get you that boat. I'd reconsider the 6.0l MPI upgrade, the Excalibur 330 hp does just fine.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on November 10, 2004)
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-10-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
Lets get a few things straight. I've priced out both the 05' 210 SANTE w/ 6.0 liter 375 hp decked out NVS 1010 speakers PPI amp etc($63000) and a decked out 05' X-Star w/ L-18 450hp JL tower speakers ($80000). Both are very expensive boats. The New X-Star is more expensive and always has been. Granted the L-18 engine is more expensive engine and that does play a large factor in the pricing, however the X-Star was ~$20000 more depending on the creature comforts and engine. the L-18 is a ~ $10000 option. I purchased a new decked out 03' X-Star MCX in 03' for 68348.80 OTD tax title everything.
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-11-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
Location definately has a lot to do with pricing. The quote I got for a loaded '04 SANTE (speakers, lights, lots of canvas) in February was a little under $55K. Currently one of the dealers in the area has an '04 overstock X-Star with the LQ-9 that can be purchased for right at $55K. I've gotten a quote for an '05 X-Star with an L-18 abd it was much less than $80K.

Have you thought about buying used? There are lots of '04 promo boats available right now for a great price. The boat wouldn't be new--but look at the brightside--no break-in period. Your dealer won't be too happy with you showing up with an out of state boat.

Or have your thought about an X-2? The X-2 has a world class wake and is about the same size as the SANTE but with a little more storage. Easy to get into an X-2 with all the options for less than $50K. You aren't going to get keyless ignition--but in five/ten years keyless ignition is going to suck. Replacing a corroded key ignition switch is about $20. Replacing the membrane keypad on a SANTE, I think, is about $2,500.

If there were some major changes to the SANTE the $60K might be worth it. There has been no dramatic innovations or improvement in quality--why Correct Craft keeps raising their prices is beyond me. Or I should say--why people keep paying the inflated prices is beyond me.
Old    zboomer            11-11-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
Does the X2 have hard, or soft ballast tanks? Where are they located? I've decided I want hard tanks, I'd love them to be out of the way, with gauges.

I had a Prostar 205, and while it was a nice boat, HOLY CRAP it would beat you to death in halfway-rough water. I think the X2 is basically the same shape hull.

I'm now looking at an '05 VLX. :-) Bigger boat, hard tanks with gauges, tanks under the floor, less expensive than a SANTE by a good margin.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-11-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
yes the X2 does have hard tanks in the back. They are like side saddle hard tanks (if that makes since) and the PS 205V is the same boat as the X2 w/o the wakeboard package.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-11-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
Whit, I like the X2. But what improvemens has MC made to it the last 10 years? It's still the 205, so why are they still raising there prices?
Micah, for the wake point of view, you cannot go wrong with a SANTE, X2 or a VLX. All great boats, with all their strenghts and weakness... But I think +60k for a loaded 04 (CC, MC or BU) is too much.
Old    bambamski            11-11-2004, 2:31 PM Reply   
You can get a loaded 2004 SANTE in Alberta for 62 grand Cdn. That's 51k U.S. If you're paying more than 60 U.S. you're getting screwed...
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-11-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
"It's still the 205, so why are they still raising there prices?"

Cost of labor?
Cost of marketing/advertising/sponsorships?
Cost of materials?
Cost of lawsuits?
Tighter environmental regulations?
Taxes?

R&D isn't the only thing that affects the cost of a boat.

Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-11-2004, 3:17 PM Reply   
As Ant siad--the X-2 has rear tanks and a ski locker sac but no gauges. The X-Star and X-9 are the only MC's I know with gauges. (The X-Star also has completely hidden ballast.)

A friend of mine has an 05 VLX and loves it. The bow tank and heated driver seat are options I wish I had on my boat! The VLX is about the same size as your SSV though.

And Tommy--MC has made a few improvements. Throttle by Wire, the tower mounted anchor light come to mind, or even a company that can supply/warranty/install all the tower components. To be fair the Throttle by Wire is only available on the MCX motor or better--an up charge. The only other price increase is $265 on the trailer. The price of the X-2 actually decreased from 2002 to 2003 and has stayed basically the same since then. The X-2 doesn't start getting expensive until you start adding options.
Old    akman            11-11-2004, 10:20 PM Reply   
VLX, X2, SANTE all within 5k of each other in Southern California NEW.......

All 3 have Pro's and Con's, but I won't beat that horse anymore......

They all raise the pricing.......WHY???? Because there are people out there that walk in pick their options and sign on the dotted line NO QUESTIONS asked.

For those of us that have been to more than one rodeo we know how to beat that cost down substantially.

Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-12-2004, 1:27 AM Reply   
Whit, Salmon.
Sorry didn't make myself clear, I meant as a reply why did CC raise their prices for an 10 year old boat withour major improvements. My reply is; the same reason as for MC raise their prices on a 205 (or X2). I know that the Labor and materials are getting pricier as we talk right now. And so increase their MSRP. But CC raised their prices indeed too much.
As for Throttle by Wire, I think that's is an added feature from the engine supplier, granted they still have to install it in their boats and I believe it's a great trend (sp?). And hope that more boat vendor's will folow.
Back to topic; 60k for a 04 SANTE is in my believe to much.

(Message edited by Laptom on November 12, 2004)
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-12-2004, 1:02 PM Reply   
Micah-

I would think you should be able to walk out with that boat at $55k. There is a 2004 with the 6.0L used with like 35hrs I think for sale for $54k through a dealer. There are a couple things to think about on the quote. It looks like MSRP for a stock team is about $56k. Right now a 2004 stock team 210 would probably go for about $48k because the new 2005s are in and there are enough visual changes to bump the 2004 price down. As for the options there is now way anyone is going to agree to $4k more for a trailer, $300 for a pylon $120 for a flip up seat (those are both standard I thought on the team). All the options are inflated heavily and the dealer probably won't be able to sell any of them for much. I would imagine you could walk away with that boat for $55k. Tell the dealer to throw the sticker out the window they know they won't get anyone to pay close to $67k on a 2004. Say it in a nice way of course if you want them to sell you the boat.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-12-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/1/74871341.htm

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/8/75428418.htm

Just in case you need some bargaining power. I know about depreciation but there is no way you should spend over $60k for a boat when an exact used one with more options and only 35hrs is going for $54k.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-16-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   
completly loaded x-2 with top of the line trailer (no shower)tower speakers and all tax\lic 51k
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-16-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
ohh last april at california skier at lake elsanore
Old    dfish            11-16-2004, 9:35 PM Reply   
My 04 SANTE: Custom Tandem Axle Trailer, Custom Towing Cover, Heater, Shower, Docking Lights, Rear Pylon, Bow Curtain: $49,000
Old    zboomer            11-17-2004, 7:11 AM Reply   
Thanks for the references points guys... any idea how much the 6.0 ZR6 option engine costs?
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-17-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
Little less than 3k
Old    zboomer            11-17-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
So, if I could pull a deal like dfish, I should be able to get this thing around $52k? ($49k, plus the ZR6 engine...)

Can't hurt to try, lol.
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       11-19-2004, 3:09 PM Reply   
Micah,
Check your e-mail.

-Brian
Old    zboomer            11-20-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
Umm, best they would offer was $58k for the '04 SANTE, combined with their low-ball offer on my boat, it would cost me $30k difference to "upgrade" from the '04 SSV to an '04 SANTE.

Can you say NOT. I might pay $10k for the thing over my SSV, but $30k? That's a laugh.

I should have expected this, but oh well! :-) I love my SSV, so I guess I'll just keep enjoying it! Still considering an '05 VLX, but I'm afraid the same thing would happen...
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-21-2004, 9:35 AM Reply   
You can always try is at the Malibu dealer Micah!!

But they are still to steep on the SANTE, and if they are offering $28k-30k for an '04 they are insane!
Old    hundo            11-21-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
Thats just their way of saying we don't want your boat
Old    zboomer            11-21-2004, 9:47 PM Reply   
And you know what Don? At the ridiculous price they have on THEIR boat, I don't wait IT either.

I guess everyone is happy! lol
Old    hundo            11-21-2004, 11:43 PM Reply   
Ya, I can get an 04 SAN for $48. Going out Monday to demo it
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-22-2004, 10:05 AM Reply   
$58k is crazy that's a shame it would seem like the dealer would want the 04 sold in time for new boat show 05s.
Old    hundo            11-22-2004, 10:07 PM Reply   
Went out in the SAN today. We compared it to the 05 VLX, x10, which were great boats. The SAN has a better ride , solid , quieter, more torque, less space then the VLX but we don't have more then 6 with us.I tried to compare each boat in identical situations , and one I thought was easier to duplicate was turning back as if your skier was down and running through your wake @ 12mph or so and the SAN performed the best. The VLX shuddered , did'nt seem as solid ,and the MC actualy performed ok but overall to us we liked the SAN better. Thats whats great about the good ole USA we have choices
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-23-2004, 4:01 AM Reply   
Don--you know about power turning? The prefered method among most boarders is the wakeless pickup. i.e. drop the throttle to idle before circling and picking up your rider. There is a great article on this site about boating etiquette and the non-powerturn pickup.

As a test though--not such a bad test. Good way to test the scoopability of the bow. Two tests for how solid the boat is--driving through a double up with a CD playing. Or my favorite--jumping from the dock into the boat and landing hard. No other deck/floor feels as solid as a Correct Craft.
Old    hundo            11-23-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
Yes sir, as soon as the boarder falls I drop the throttle and idle back. Unless we have some idiots around in jetskis. Were sold on the quality of the Correct Craft thats for sure
Old    zboomer            11-23-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
I still like the SAN, don't get me wrong. Maybe if that '04 I like sits there a couple months, they'll change their tune. :-)

Hell, I love my SSV, but I have this unfortunate mental issue with wanting to change stuff yearly, lol.

Good thing that doesn't apply to wives! (been married 7 years now, lol.)
Old    hundo            11-23-2004, 11:57 PM Reply   
There is a nice 04 team loaded in Utah , asking $54k 37hrs, but this guy gets a new one every yr.Dealer has it on consignment, if It was'nt so far away who knows? I bet he would take $50.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-24-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
That is a great boat Don... With the ZR6, snap covers, tower speakers and lights... Pretty much a boat that has everything anyone would want.

E.J.