Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    bambamski            11-02-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
Ok I've narrowed the choices for the new boat down to two. I'm not going to ask opinions on the two because that really solves nothing except starts a big flame war. Can be fun but now what I'm looking for.

Anyways, what I do want is some different color combinations to play around with. Most of the boat manufactures have the tool where you can play with the colors now. I'm not very imaginative so if any of you have seen some cool looking colors combinations come out recently and could post them that would be great!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-02-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
Pat,

Though not as exciting as some combinations, classic is always safe and has the clean look I like. Standard colors with black, ie: red and black, blue and black, gray and black.

E.J.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-02-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
I have always been a fan of an all red color scheme. I havent seen an all red 22V before. All white also seems to be orignial, IMO.
22V
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-02-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
This color scheme is also one of the best I have seen. I love the look of this X-2, everything seems to fit just right.
X-2
Old    bambamski            11-02-2004, 9:55 AM Reply   
Pierce, I think the Tige dealer in town here had an all red one at the show last year. Look really nice! I've been thinking about going solid color in the cockpit and bow area but I'm not sure how it would hold up with the wear and tear of boating. Anyone have the solid color in the cockpit and wish they hadn't?

Here's a picture of a black and orange X-2 that I thought looked really good as well.

Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-02-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
Yep, I have seen that one in person, it was towing at a local tournament here in Dallas. Very nice boat but dont care for the extra decals.
Old    bambamski            11-02-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
I don't like the extra decals on it as well. Makes it look too much like one of those gravity games Supras. You've seen it in person? How did it look, my concern would be how the orange weathers in a couple of years. Other than that I think it looks pretty good. I've played with the red black combo as well. That always looks good.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-02-2004, 10:58 AM Reply   
I love the red black combo too, I was dead set on my next boat being red and black. The pictures of the x-2 portay it acurately. The interior was also sweet looking. But now that I look at that color combo, it kind of reminds me of Halloween.

I would imagine any color that is dark and left uncovered or not take care of would eventually fade.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-02-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
I saw this great looking '05 Tige' the other day. It is clean and sweet.
Tige 1
Tige shot 2
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-02-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
I like the all white color scheme, very easy to stay clean and doesn't show water spots near as bad. I think it looks really good
Old    bambamski            11-02-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
That tige does look good!! What tower is that on there? It looks different than the one I've seen on the new ones around here.
Old    rtm            11-02-2004, 12:46 PM Reply   
Pat,

Just the fact that you can post about this topic makes me jealous with envy, but if you buy an orange boat I will no longer be your friend!!!!

This coment is left open for interpretation as I do not want to offend those of you who like or dislike the orange color!!

How political of me . . . very timely!!

All the best in your pursuit Pat!!
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-02-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
The orange and black comes off a little Halloweenish for me. A neighbor has an all orange SAN that looks really nice though. Its a little brighter orange than above, kinda like the Nissan Xterra orange.
Old    xrated            11-02-2004, 6:00 PM Reply   
So who's boat were you on last week in the snow? I thought it was your new purchase.
Old    bambamski            11-02-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
Todd,

So you're saying if I buy a orange boat you won't ride in it when we come out to your neck of the woods? Well did you ever think that maybe we didn't want to ride with you? We just wanted Kim to come out? lol pretty sure we won't do the orange boat thing, just playing around with the different combos. It's kind of fun!

Rod,

Nope, was just out for a demo, real nice day for a demo don't you think.

I've narrowed the search down to two boats. The one we rode in the snow in and I'm talking with Grant and John for the other one. Both boats have their +'s and -'s. Biggest minus for the one I'm looking at with Grant is the size and price, don't know if it will fit in my garage. The X-2, the minus is that it's pretty small (narrow) inside, but I can get a pretty good deal on it.

Although, with that said, price won't be the deciding factor, it will be what fits for us in the next year or so. So after one or two years when it's time for another boat the other one may be the better boat for us? who knows...

It's pretty much a tie right now though...
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-03-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
I am a little partial to this (just ordered 2005):

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-03-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
Looks like the spy boat, sweet!
Old    rtm            11-03-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
Hey Pat,

Be careful what you type on this board . . . I'm sorry man . . . I really didn't mean it . . . orange would really bring out your eyes!!??

If any of our friends read your post they'll all sell their boats and get orange ones just to keep me from coming out!!!

I know they'd all prefer to only take Kim out as well!!

Tell you what, if you get the orange boat just make sure you paint that beauty of a Dodge to match . . . a man who's that secure has all the confidence in the world . . . I'd be ashamed not to call him my friend!!! Consider me in . . . hell, all even drive!!!

Did I mention I'm partly color blind, so what do I know about color anyway??

Now off the topic of color . . . what's this about a decision between two boats???

Old    xrated            11-03-2004, 5:55 PM Reply   
Maybe you just need a bigger garage!!!
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-03-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
Pat,
A few color ideas.
Orange1
Orange2
Red
Yellow
Pacific
BlkRed
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-03-2004, 8:30 PM Reply   
Pat,

Oh ya, also expecting to see you up the podium a notch or two at the "Roast at the Ghost '05" thanks to the new hardware (and some water-time with the right team)
Roast
Old    bambamski            11-04-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
I was robbed I tell ya!! I think the guy on top of the podium paid off the judges or something!! Maybe that sick rider in the blue jacket there was saving all his really tuff stuff for the second pass that got cancelled because of the snow in August? lol

I really like the Red Black 24v colours that you have for the new shop boat!

I think my problem is the 22v is going to cost me another 100 grand. Here are the pics of my garage.

My boat on the trailer measures 21 feet 3 inches with the swing away. The 22V measures 22 2 inches with the swing away. Now I used to have the Maristar 225 which was around the same length as the 22V and when I backed her in I'd have to back in so the platform was hitting the drywall (molded platform). If you look close you can see the big holes in the wall where I went too far with the maristar. My boat measures around 88 inches at the back where the 22v measures 91 inches which makes the angle that I need to put it in at more difficult as well.

This was the main reason why I sold that boat, it would take 15-20 minutes just backing the thing in so I could shut the garage door. It would be funny (ok not so funny,as I'd swear every time) we'd get it in and the door looked like it would close and then we'd unhook and the tandem axle would bounce after we would unhook it and the door wouldn't shut. Then we'd have to hook up and do it all over again...

Anyways, so the extra 100 grand you ask? That's what I'd have to fork out because we have to move into a bigger house with a bigger garage. That won't be for a year maybe two...

Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-04-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
How about if your boat spent much less time at your house? Here is one spot that I think it could live for much of the summer. Better start thinking of excuses as to why you will be late for work three mornings per week.
Pat's Parking
Old    bambamski            11-04-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
I'm sure you'd love me taking up space on your lift all summer...

While I'm at it, you must have a spare room in the basement right? We don't eat much, well except for Breakfast, lunch and dinner, and maybe snacks.

Sounds like you guys had a fantastic time in Arizona this year. Grant was saying there were some burnt bodies, a little bit of partying and some great riding had by all. Maybe he didn't say great riding from him, but riding anyways.

The sandbar sounded fun, maybe you should share some pics to us guys up here that can't take three week off in October to go play!

Of all the pics, I think red black is the way to go! Althought the red white tige, with the swoosh along the side looks prety damn nice as well.

Talk with you later

Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-04-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
I saw the red and white 21i pictured above when it arrived at the dealer before they had unwrapped it. It looked so good to me that we ordered one like it. It should be here in a couple of weeks.

The Colorado River in October is worth every minute of the driving time from Canada to Parker!
Give me a call when you get a minute.

az1
az2
az3
Old    bambamski            11-11-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
Narrowed it down to two colours, which one do you like?

Old     (jorellz)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-11-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
Pat,
Jase here, just curious if you want to take a look at the Sangers at all? The prices are excellent and I can swing you a great price on the 210 and even the 215 for taking me out on Ghost with you guys! Drop me a line if you do and if you still have my number give me a shout. I should have all the Brochures etc tomorrow!

Jason