Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-20-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
Yeah the tower does not look too pleasing to my eye. Conversely, this does leave a good amount of room for people to get really creative with speaker and light setups and really turn some heads. Keep pushing the limit...
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-22-2004, 5:54 AM Reply   
05 Avalanche with 04 tower

Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-22-2004, 5:55 AM Reply   
Interior Pic, I like the piping this year.
Old    oshensurfer            09-22-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
That boat looks SICK!
Old    grampawakerider            09-22-2004, 4:51 PM Reply   
I was out looking at an 05 Elite-V earlier today. Had 04 tower, racks, bimini, stereo, perfect pass, upgraded motor, custom wheels and tandem axle swing away tongue trailer. Howz $36,999 for that boat? Plz answer asap as I wouldn't like to lose this deal if it's an outstanding one. I may decide as early as tomorrow. The ballast was just a single sack, but I would think the upgraded motor would help in the ballst dept and I also have 700lbs in sacs from my current boat. Thanks.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-22-2004, 7:20 PM Reply   
Mark,

I would say thats a good deal. My bro picked up the same boat (04) a couple months back for around that price without the perfect pass which is a must. Although his had a built in ballast so I would check on that. Other than that it sounds like a good deal IMO.
Old    grampawakerider            09-22-2004, 7:35 PM Reply   
The single center ballast is built in, just wish it had the front and rear in it. Can't get it all I guess. But I do have two peeps on my crew that between them they weight 500lbs.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-22-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
Mark,

I see your in Santa Maria. My brother recently called a dealer on the central coast (not sure name, right off 101 near Templeton, they also sell MBs and a few other WB boats) and he said he could have sold that same boat for around 33,000-34,000. Not sure if this is the place you looked or not. He could have just be saying that knowing by bro already bought a boat but anyhow you make check it out. It seems like you may be able to get a little more off due to season winding down but you can board almost year round on the CC. Good Luck. I have an 03 and love it. Post how everything turned out if it happens.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-22-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
Which upgrade engine??
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-23-2004, 5:31 AM Reply   
Centurion has really stepped up their interior. It looks 110% better. I have been trying to talk my wife into why we NEED a new Avalanche. I think I'm making some progress. I would love to take the yellow Avalanche in the first pic and make the yellow and white colors RED and leave the black and silver flake. Man I think that would look awesome. I would probably go with the 04 tower. Anyway, back to reality.

Mark, that is probably the best price I have seen on that boat with those options. I bought my 02 with those same options without perfect pass nor upgraded engine for 31,900.00. What colors are on the boat?
Old    grampawakerider            09-23-2004, 9:52 PM Reply   
If I remember right on the motor, it was a 330hp. I been looking at so many boats the last few dayz......

Garrett - thats gotta be the same dealer....I peeked at the B-52's. They also have Sangers and the Centurions. They have a yellow Enzo...too big, have the SAnger V-215's....not enough options for the price, the Elite V is actually just a little small for me. Looked at Moombas today. Had to drive 3 1/2 hrs one way to do it. Loved what we saw and are going out for a demo soon.
Old    walt            09-24-2004, 4:52 AM Reply   
Mark, If You are looking to buy a B-52 let Me know because I know someone that sells MB and She might be able to swing You a deal.
Old    matt_w            09-24-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
Looked at several 05 Centurions today. I have a new dealer near me and figured I would check them out. Things I liked:

Tower - doesn't look like the ones in the beginning of the thread, I guess because they are east coast boats. Lights and speakers/racks no problem.

Fit and finish - looked very good, much better than my 95 Falcon!

Pop up cleats, switches, gauges, nice snap in carpet, cool cup holders, lighted cooler, finished bilge all looked good.

Didn't like:

Some loose screws I found.

Boatmate trailer. Sturdy enough with box tubing, but prop guard is WAY too low, has rollers installed but that doesn't matter when you are constantly hitting. Eventually it takes its toll. A plus is disc brakes and torsen axle.

"Centurion" logo on side of boat is a sticker and was actually peeling off. Won't last long. Most other logos are stickers as well.

Weird trim tab, looked to be sort of adjustable, but was screwed into hull. One of the Cyclones there had the hydrolic(sp?) plate, but the other three had this weird one.

Every boat there had a 3 blade prop...Enzo, Avalanche, and two Cylclones.

The tower was folding, which is great, but the pivot bolts barely threaded into the base of the tower and need to be longer.

They all had a 40k plus price tag.

All that being said it will be very hard for me to stay away since the dealer is about a mile from my house. I keep telling myself that it is not worth it.....

Old     (healing)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-24-2004, 9:59 PM Reply   
Matt,
The "Centurion" "Boat name" logo sticker is common to I believe all boat builders. On my elite v-drive the checker board graphic is part of the gel coat but not the name decal. I actually like the sticker because I can easliy change the look of the decal if I ever choose to.

The trim tab you saw is the normal manually adjusted trim tab, fairly common on alot of other boats. At times I wish I would have got the optional hydrolic wake plate just so I could "tweak" the wake a little.

The 3 blade Acme props is the only one to have on Centurion v's much better than a 4 blade. My boat came with a 4 and the 3 has alot better hole shot with the same top speed.

I am not sure which tower you are refering to but I assume it was the 2004 proflight tower. On my proflight tower the bolts thread in at least 2 inches.

Perhaps they will come down on the price?? Mid 30's or so is about right for a new Lightning.
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-24-2004, 10:04 PM Reply   
Matt, just to let you know the reason the prop guard is so low is because the boats have such a deep V hull. If they don't drop it it would sit too high on the trailer. I have an Avalanche and I asked Boatmate the same question. The wakeplate you are talking about is what comes standard. It is the same type that Skiers Choice uses. The hydraulic one is an option. On my boat it does not really effect the wake as much as it helps the ride when traveling above 30mph. Mine is an 04 and is a GREAT boat. The 05's are even nicer.
Old    matt_w            09-25-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
Eric and Chad:

They are great boats. I didn't like the Lighting as much as the Cyclone. The one the dealer has that I am looking at has the adjustable wakeplate and perfect pass. It also has metal flake flame graphics that are molded in. I wonder what it would look like without the stickers and just the flames?

I did like the trailer, I just wish there was a few more inches of clearance. My original trailer that came with my Centurion slammed and sparked its way down the highway. I have since bought a Dorsey trailer and I am very impressed with that.

I am going to see what they will give me for my 95 Falcon on trade. Probably not much because demand for closed bow boats is low.

Maybe the dealer will come down to under 40k for the Cyclone, and maybe give me 8k or so for mine on trade. You never know.
Old     (healing)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-25-2004, 1:02 PM Reply   
Hey Matt good luck on your dealings. I sure wish my dealer was only a mile from me!!
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-25-2004, 1:09 PM Reply   
Matt,

That seems pretty odd for the trailer to scrape on the highway. Forgive me if this is too obvious but was your hitch ball low enough for the trailer to sit level?

I'd also second what Chad said. The Acme 3-blade prop is definitely not a bad thing.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-25-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
Acme recommend all V-drives with a 1:1 tranny should have a 3 blade prop. I have a 3 blade on mine and I can't imagine a better performing prop.

(Message edited by ralph on September 25, 2004)
Old    matt_w            09-27-2004, 5:57 PM Reply   
Salmon,
The problem with my old trailer was that the prop guard would hit on speedbumps and pulling into most any store or turning from one road to another. I had a 3 inch drop hitch on a stock 4runner, any more and the crossmembers under the trailer would hit backing down boat ramps.

I bought a new Dorsey trailer that is designed better and I have no more problems. When I saw how close the Boatmate trailer's prop guard was I had flashbacks.

I always thought that a 4 blade was better on ski boats, but my only experience is with direct drive boats. I would definately use what was recommended by the manufacturer.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-29-2004, 8:49 AM Reply   
More interior pics.

Old    spoon            09-29-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
Nice. I like the walk-through.

A suggestion for boat builders: After few hours in the summer sun, a black steering wheel will induce burns (note the lack of black on the vinyl). A light grey wheel would match the interior, provide a nice contrast, and be cooler.

(Message edited by spoon on September 29, 2004)
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-04-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
Sorry fellas I had to post these. This boat looks sick.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-04-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   

Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-05-2004, 6:49 AM Reply   
Lance, that is one spankin looker. I love my 04 Cyclone and very rarely get envious of somebody elses ride, but I am envious. Maybe I should have waited one more year. Great color combos.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-05-2004, 8:01 AM Reply   
I'm envious as well. Man I just can't get over how much Centurion stepped up the interior for 05. I have to admit I like the 04 tower better than the 05. This is the color scheme I would want on my Avalanche if and when I get one.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-05-2004, 8:07 AM Reply   
There progress overall in the last few years is fantastic! The interior is just one of many improvments. I would not call the new tower the 05 tower it is just an option for Customers. One of several options to come
Old    tigelova            10-05-2004, 3:53 PM Reply   
Back to the original question. That tower looks like it is swayed way to far back. That is going to change the cg on the boat. I bet it twists when a 200 lbs wakeboarder digs in.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-07-2004, 4:55 AM Reply   
How could that tower twist when the tension point is in the center of the tower and the loads are transfered to sides of the boat.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-09-2004, 9:41 PM Reply   
Got to admit centurion has really steped it up got to love the interior! That black and white avalanche looks great! And now i hear that you can get a pcm engine thats a great option for centurion!

GREAT JOB CENTURION!!!!!