Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    grampawakerider            10-21-2004, 5:50 PM Reply   
I can get either of these boats for the same price. MC X-10 has 60hrs, PP, racks, shower, heater. Ad says "loaded" after that. Price: 36.9k. Moomba Mobius LSV w PP, bimini, racks, I thinki there were a couple other options on it. Price 36.9k. Yep, just like the X-10. Opinions?
Whats the interior of the X-10 look like? Lounge seating or what? picss or a link would help me greatly. Thanks.
Old    grampawakerider            10-21-2004, 5:51 PM Reply   
I was thinking I would save greatly by buying the MC since no freight and prep and tax.
Old    jetpilot313            10-21-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
i would get the mastercraft, its got a nice wake but needs some extra ballast heres an interior pic, havent ridden behind the lsv so have no input there

Old    grampawakerider            10-21-2004, 7:16 PM Reply   
I don't necessarily need a pro size wake, I prefer a rampy type wake that doesn't toss me as hard as a steep one does. I'm mostly looking for a CLEAN wake. I currently have an i/o that I am frantically trying to sell. I know the specs on the Mobius LSV, but need as much info on the X-10 as possible. I was looking for mastercraft.com or something like it. I fell in love w/ the Mobius LSV, but the X-10 seems like a much better deal.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-21-2004, 7:47 PM Reply   
Mastercraft is also far and away a better boat. The fit and finish, attention to detail, and interior is going to be far nicer than the Moomba. The MC is also going to hold it's value much better.

A lot of the people I ride with are snobby towards the LSV, but I actually like it. I think it's a great boat for the money. Next to a MC though there isn't much of a comparison.

I was in a new x10 a month or two ago and I have nothing bad to say about it. I just had knee surgery though so I wasn't able to ride behind it and test out the wake. It looked great though.
Old    hundo            10-21-2004, 8:36 PM Reply   
We rode in the X-10 and it was a great ride, quality fit and finish.The only thing that I could not overcome was turning to the left, it was like turning a truck with no power steering. Sales guy said it was due to the cable being too tight?? I have been told that its due to the location of the rudder and the prop and when you turn left the cavatation? creates that hard left turn? I think thats what the mechanic said
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-22-2004, 5:55 AM Reply   
Im not sure about that turn left thing. Im boat shopping myself, and a couple of boats do have that problem (not due to brand, just the boat).

If the used X10 has that problem, what else could it have that will bite you in the butt?

for 37k get YOUR boat, not the boat you will settle for. Also, consider warranty.

MC is better than a mobius for spit & polish. The most notable thing I have found, that was not cosemetic, was that the MC seats don't develop an ass crease after somebody has been sitting in them for a while. Also, the mobious tower doesnt feel as sollid when you are running... but the mobius has a softer ride through chop.

I think that I would choose the 05 model that I could also add all the options I wanted and roll them into the note (speakers, racks etc). That and the warranty is a good selling point to me.
Old     (pav)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-22-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
I have an X-10, and have no complaints. I have not ridden behind the LSV so I cant say. But as far as depreciation, I would go with the X-10, it has already had some depreciation, you dont have to pay extra for a trailer, and there would be no sales tax (unless you buy from a dealer). Also, usually the owner would have already upgraded the stereo, and added tower speakers & other things.

I love all of the room and all of the options on my x-10. The wake is consistently good, I have ridden behind other high end wakeboard boats where the wake would change dramatically from day to day. Even if my x-10 is not weighted perfectly, the wake is always good and clean, where as theirs is not.
Old    kdeyoung            10-22-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
I have an 04' mobius...and love it...but if I could get an 03' x-10 for $36.9 w/ 60 hrs I would be all over it...I really have enjoyed my moomba...50hrs on it...not one problem...nothing like a mastercraft though. Go with the X 10.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-22-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
What year is the X-10?
Old    zboomer            10-22-2004, 12:10 PM Reply   
Where the heck did you find an X10 with only 60 hours for $37k? I never saw one even near that cheap when I was looking 6 mo ago.
Old    kdeyoung            10-22-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
Check out the post for an 04' Moomba XLV (160 hrs)....two feet longer...nice boat.

and...what is the phone number of the guy selling the x10?
Old    grampawakerider            10-23-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
This boat is located in Santa MAria,Ca. Less than two miles from my house. Wife won't let me get it unless I sell my boat first. This X-10 won't last. I called the owner, he said he's selling for 10k under what he owes. Sounded kinda fishy to me in that what would happen if I gave him the 36.9k for it, then he defaulted on the rest of the loan? He also said he waxed it every time he took it out of the water and is in immaculate shape. He stated no problem on left hand turns. One more thing, he did say we could demo it if I get my wife to consider the deal. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE BUY MY BAYLINER? I either get this boat or the Mobius LSV. AS it sits right now, before I made any deal on the X-10, I would clarify how the title will come into my hands.

The X-10 is a 2003 model.
Old    hundo            10-23-2004, 10:01 AM Reply   
If you were to make the deal you both go to the bank where he has it financed and he will have to pay them the difference and you make your money payable to that finance company also. If you don't you will get "jacked" Something smells wrong?
Old     (bakerds)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-23-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
You will still pay sales tax (aka use tax) on the X-10 when you register at the CA DMV.
Old    grampawakerider            10-23-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
My Baylner is on e-bay and auction ends tommorow morning. For those who want to look here's a link. The NADA is 17.5k. I'm trying to get 14,500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2495279873

If it goes I think I'll get the X-10.

Old    grampawakerider            10-23-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
I thought about it a bit about the fishty info. Could it be he took a home equity loan and bought the boat with it? That's the best I could think of. But it doesn't explain to me why he wouldn't tell me what he does. He would only say he needs to sell the boat to "do what he does." Like I said b4, I won't pay for anything unless I'm satisfied everything is on the up & up. Thanks for hearing me out guys.
Old     (bakerds)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-24-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
You may be right on the home equity loan. I took one out for my boat, still owe but hold the pink slip. I could give my boat away without the bank knowing or caring. They can take my house if I default. Sometimes you just run into a good deal. I bought my 2004 boat(in Santa Maria coincidentally) at $10k below market.