Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-04-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
I think i am going to sell my 04 sanger V210 to get a bigger boat. Looks like i have more people that want to shred than i thought, plus my belly is growing.

Obviously I was looking at a V230, but i decided to check this other boat out, its an Orion Custom wakeboard boat, 22V by 102 beam. Its big with built in around 1800lb ballast in the floor. Totally custom like the hot rod havasu boats.

Well last week i demo the boat in SD and the beast is sweet, the wake is similar to a Malibu but the interior and gel coat are out of the world.

Still undecided between the V230 mighty sanger or this new Orion.

oh the v210 is for sale too, 04 350 mag 40hrs all the goodies, new skylon speakers coming too.

blah blah sorry but check this thing out, it suprised me, and maybe you too.
www.orioncustomboats.com its the tidal wake
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-04-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   
oh email me at BHahbib7@aol.com if you are intersted in the sanger, 40hrs 35k. V210 ppass, ballast stuff, stereo,bimini plus new speakers coming in the mail..mmmm yah check it out

located in san diego, ca
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-04-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
How did you like not having a windshield (a little unorthodox to me). Seems like it would be bothersome.
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-04-2004, 7:37 PM Reply   
how was the wake? i have seen adverrtisements for those boats in wakeboarder mag and was wondering if they were merely a speedboat with a tower and no wake. honestly i always kinda passed them off as posers.....but i dont know nething about them?
Old    walt            10-04-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
Stick with Sanger or check out the B-52.
IMO that boat is UGLY !

(Message edited by walt on October 04, 2004)
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-04-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
I checked the site out but can anybody tell me what this is for?

It looks like a seat, maybe that is were you are suppose to ride when it rains or is cold since there is no windshield.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-04-2004, 8:36 PM Reply   
Todd, Have you fallen down and hit your head? I'm with Walt, there's not a lot of boats I find ugly but this is one of them. Maybe its better in person.
Why would you go for the V230 over the V215? Is the V215 to small for you?
Old    grampawakerider            10-04-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
Ya want bigger? Last week I sat in one badass Moomba XLV. Seats 16.
http://www.moomba.com
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-04-2004, 9:51 PM Reply   
The wake is way better because of the floor ballast tanks. The boats top speed is 40, so the wind wasnt too bothersome, just different, brought back the good old days of boating.

the wake was similar to the VLX nice tranny etc, not too steep like a SAN.

i think those little cuddy seats are for little kids to get out of the sun? i have no idea, ive seen them on custom lake boats with fans and tvs inside.

i fall on my head everytime i shred, i was smart enough to stop riding moto.
yah i love my sanger, and i would be dumb to not get another but i just wanted to pass on my experiance with this boat, its just something different than all of us wake heads are used to.

the interior blows doors on anything on the water,the wake is good, not pro level but i just liked the custom element to the mix.

V230, V215, i cant decide on either, there both pretty similar in price.

Keep em coming, oh 04 V210 for sale 35000, 40hrs
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-04-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
Moomba? please i didnt fall on my head that hard.
i love the quality ride in west coast boats, drive a sanger in the ruff and take your moomba, than our butts will tell the story, personally im trying to fight off hemroids in the future.
isnt moomba a supra?
sanger for sale yo
Old    sean123            10-05-2004, 5:27 AM Reply   
Todd....

No Moomba is not a Supra. Made by the same company, Skiers Choice, but not the same boat.. By the way.. I would take a moomba over that Piece of crap any day!

Sean
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-05-2004, 6:20 AM Reply   
Here we go, another war. Getting my popcorn...
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-05-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
if they are made by the same builder, than how are they different? besides the hull designs.

isnt moomba supposed to be the lower line to Supra line? how does that effect resale value of the boats?

i am not bagging on moombas, they only ones i have seen werent so greatly rigged and finished off. i just prefer wood in the boat, i feel they ride better no matter how people bagg on the wood rott none sense.
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-05-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
also does anyone know if you can upgrade the motor in the V230? doesnt a 350mag seem a little small in that tub?

sangers needs to get some PCM motors goin
the orion came with the new 6.0L PCM, its a nice piece of metal, worth checking into if your boat can get one layed in there....

cheers
Old    sean123            10-05-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
Todd...

I am in no way bagging on wood in a boat at all. I happen to be very impressed w/Sanger boats. I am not inpressed with the orion boats, but I am only judging from the link that you posted. The boats are ugly, service would be a nightmare, and they are non-proven idustry boats. What engine manufacturer do they use? How is the Tower? The no-Windshield thing blows me away, but I guess styling is in the eye of the beholder. What happens if you move from the West coast and need warranty service? Just a few things that stand out to me. Not bagging, I would just shy away from them for these reasons..

Sean
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-05-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
230 is more for family, NOT a good wake like your used to with the 210 but the 215 wake is almost the same as the 210. take both on a demo and you'll see the difference..
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-05-2004, 3:50 PM Reply   
the waterski mag video of the v230 weighted up look nice, similar to my V210 with weight?

has anyone ridden behind a 230 with 2k pounds etc in it?
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-05-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
Sean..you have great points on the new Orion Boat, i just posted it to show everyone something new that i checked out myself. Not all wake boats have to be like everyone elses boat.
I love my sanger because it is not a tige,mastercraft,bu,SAN like all the rest.

That withstanding, from what Orion told me, the boat is a PCM warranty so anyone can work on it, the boat warranty issues with hull etc is a valid concern i shared.

the windshield thingy kinda sucked, but its different and im sure plans are in to add one.
The tower is a skylon on the boat i demoed.
once i saw the unlimited gel coat options and interior i was amazed at the build quality. It was a step above my sanger.

all bs aside, i love my sanger, 04 V210 40hrs for sale. looking at a V230. thanks guys, keep em coming
Old    grampawakerider            10-05-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
I was pointing out that the XLV is a larger boat than your SAnger V-210, which is a killer boat btw, as a matter of fact, post a pic, I'm still on the market. As far as ride goes, I haven't demo'd any of the Moombas yet, but plan too. No matter what I get it's gotta be better than my......er.....close yer eyes.....closed yet?........Bayliner.
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-07-2004, 12:51 PM Reply   

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-07-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
The orange dash is killer
Old    oshensurfer            10-07-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
It's way too wierd without the window. I ride in the winter and that would be a serious problem for me....
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-07-2004, 6:10 PM Reply   
i hear yah on the cold air, i love the new look of the new malibu one piece seamless windshields.

they just look tech without any seams, all one piece.
Old    hyperryd            10-08-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
Take a look at the new '05 23 foot B-52. It just came out and you can get a 5.7, a 6.0 or an 8.1, and you can get a two speed tranny with any of them. All of the graphics are gell coat and you can pick any combination with two different flame packages or the mild Limited graphics. Their warranties are the best in the business and their resale is incredible. I own and 2004 22' and the 23 is huge in comparison. Just another option. (It even comes with a windshield, no charge.) Take it from me, I really don't like to blend in with the rest of the boats on the lake. They are definitely worth taking a look at.

(Message edited by hyperryd on October 08, 2004)
Old    walt            10-08-2004, 9:11 PM Reply   
The B-52 Bling factor is high ! http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=12014
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-10-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
well I know everyone is saying how ugly the orion is, but that dash is pretty ugly. Whatever you do, dont pay the same price as you would for a vlx or san 210, because there seems to be no attention to detail on that boat. I would not spend my $45k on that boat.
Old    tommyadrian5            10-11-2004, 3:39 AM Reply   
nice throttle,

dat's some straight up old school i/o shizzle

i can't believe you all are even contributing to this conversation, i'd have a crestliner before i'd have that boat (sorry dave, couldn't think of anything else)
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-11-2004, 7:34 AM Reply   
you want big? get an X-80..no maybe an X-45 it is 25ft
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-11-2004, 9:45 AM Reply   
Having grown up in Southern California, around all those Eliminators, Coles, and OLD SCHOOL SANGERS ('72 Drag Runner), I can appreciate this boat for what it's supposed to be. I would be very skeptical of the wake, though. Ride behind it, & make sure that you will be happy.

A friend asked me if I would rather have an awesome looking boat with a O.K. wake, or an O.K. looking boat with an awesome wake. Without hesitation, awesome wake wins.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on October 11, 2004)
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-11-2004, 10:38 AM Reply   
Jeff, thanks. I have owned an Eliminator and i grew up on them since is was 5. So the Orion caught my eye just on the style and west coast build quality.

I love the boat, its an awesome family wakeboard boat, the wake is more like a X10,VLX set up with a deeper tranny, where as your SAN has a steep face and no tranny. To each his own.

i just dont know if i can live without a windshield, thus holding my decision between a V230.
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-11-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
Jeff NICE BOAT....damn SAN are going for a lot 62k when i last checked at CA CC. The Orion was around 48k with unlimited options and a 6.0L PCM and the Sanger V230 around 47ish with the 330merc loaded.

my neighbors just picked up a 05, its nice. whats the deal with the bigger nauti, the 216? compaired to the SAN?