Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    hb_tige            09-28-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
I am in the market for a new V drive boat and I have narrowed my decision to either a Centurion Cyclone or a Sanger V210. The both seem to be similiar as far as performance, durability, and price.

I was wondering if anyone had opinion good or bad as to either boat. Thanks for the help.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-28-2004, 6:53 PM Reply   
Both are quality boats.
The Centurions is all composite
The Sanger has lifetime warranty wood if
that makes any difference to you
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-29-2004, 6:40 AM Reply   
I have an 04 Cyclone. never seen any sangers before. Love my cyclone. very nice workmanship and good quality brand components. nice wake with 3 tank system. sweet all around boat. don't take advice from people that don't own a centurion. You'll find a lot of people who badmouth the Centurion. Their twin brother's-mother's-cousin's-sister's-step dad had a friend whose cousin's siter's-half brother's son had a 1992 that was junk. they never rode behind it but saw a pic of the wake and can tell you how bad it is. don't hesitate if you can make a good deal on a Cyclone.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-29-2004, 6:46 AM Reply   
The gunwhales ( I think that's how its spelled) are low on the sanger. just a thought if you had kids. seems liek it might be easier to go over. I've heard they are a very dry ride though.
Old    foobysmacker            09-29-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
Low gunwhales (and resulting lack of freeboard) has never been a problem for me. Had a few little ones go over the side while the boat was at rest but they would have gone over in any boat (they were trying to touch the water). However, I love my Black Scorpion motor, and I understand you can't get the scorp on new ones (only 350 mag) as it's now only an option on the V215/230. For me, personally, that knocks the V210 down a few notches on my new boat list.

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-29-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
Sanger.
Old    chavezychavez            09-29-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
Both great boats, but Sanger any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Old    zackv            09-29-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
Hb_tige Why not get another tige?

(Message edited by zackv on September 29, 2004)
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-29-2004, 3:57 PM Reply   
Cyclone.
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-29-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
Dude I don't own either but have checked both out although have not seen the wake on the Cyclone
The Cyclone is nicely finished and there is definitely good use of space.
The Sanger layout is very well thought out there is lots of storage and I believe the open bow is a bit shorter than most which means theres more room in the boat behind the windscreen
The wake is something else. The first time I went behind ralphs v210 I was scared at the size of the wake it was putting out. The wake is a very nice shape and has a good transition. The quality of the construction is excellent with awesome attention to detail even in all the places you wouldn't normally look. I guess its because the are built by hand.

I have never come across a sanger owner (or rider) who has not been totally impressed by sanger.

I live in New Zealand and have just gone through the exercise of buying a boat we ended up with an X2 but the reason that I ruled sanger out at the end of the day only came down to the fact that there are no sanger dealers in New Zealand. My Girlfriend loved the Sanger and if there was a dealer in NZ I would seriously quite possibly be waiting for a sanger to be delivered in December instead of an X2.

The only other things to consider is that the sanger is quite a cool (temperature wise) boat as probably from the middle of your back up from memory sits out of the boat.
from memory the cyclone is a lot deeper and should in theory be warmer.

The Sanger handles like a Direct drive (ie. like its on rails) but I imagine the cyclone would too

It would be probably good if the cyclone owners could post some wake pics

but when all is said and done you def wouldn't be unhappy with a sanger

(Message edited by powdrhound on September 29, 2004)
Old     (pinkbike)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-29-2004, 5:00 PM Reply   
We have a v210 and the wake on it unweighted is even good, and its a light boat. Also they handle wheight very well. We have never had a problem with water coming over the sides or bow.
Old     (sangersales)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-29-2004, 5:42 PM Reply   
The V210 all the way. I have one loaded, its our demo boat. 7 hours on it. Let me know if your interested.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-29-2004, 10:34 PM Reply   
Since you are comparing the 2 you should look at Sangers V215. It'll run you a little more but is well worth it over the 210. Dont get me wrong the 210 is an awesome boat but as people said before its shallow inside. I cant bad mouth Centurion as they make a good product now. I could only recommend that you take each boat out for a demo that last a few hours atleast to get a good feel then make your decision. My wife and I actually sent all summer riding with friends in everything from a MC to Session. For us Sanger won hands down If you need to talk with an upfront salesperson contact Rich at Marine Center in Sacramento. I am a very succussful person with sales so I know how to weed through the
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-30-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
I don't like the wake on the 215 nearly as much as the 210. Also, the 215 I tested last November was a fuel guzzeler when weighted. I didn't much care for the way it handled, it felt big even with no weight.
Other than that it was a very nice boat.

You won't go wrong with a V-210. :-)

B-
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-30-2004, 1:09 PM Reply   
ive been behind both. the wake is much nicer on the sanger. its got an incredible shape to it even with stock ballast, and it can get straight up HUGE if you fill up a few sacks.

the v-210 also handles very well in rough water, and if you know how to deal with rollers you wont have a problem with water coming into the boat...
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-30-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
Not sure bout gas guzzler I go all day and still have plenty of gas.. just do do power turns...
I now have 23 hours on her and only filled up 3 times! I do agree the wake is just a little more rampier on the 210 but hey I'm no pro so so no worries either!
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-30-2004, 8:09 PM Reply   
sanger hands down
Old    grampawakerider            10-01-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
Sanger....Sanger....Sanger.....just in case you didn't hear me:
SANGER!! as so aptly pointed out, the handling, the wake, hand made. Can't go wrong. I chose a Moomba Mobus LSV over Cyclone. It fit my budget better than the Sanger did, I was looking at the V-215's. It (the Moomba)won't be here till January though. Custom ordering.

(Message edited by grampawakerider on October 01, 2004)
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-05-2004, 6:46 PM Reply   
i have an 04 sanger V210, 35k, 40hrs all the goodies, let me know if ur interested, going to post pics in classifieds after this weekend