Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    blondey            09-09-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
Can anyone tell me their experience with the Ski Centurion boats? We are looking at a '02 and '03. I've heard they are roomy and great wake behind them? True??? Also, what's a good price for one? Malibu's are out of our price range. Also, how is the warranty coverage on them? Is the warrany honored by this company with little hassle??? Thanks much~
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       09-09-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
I owned a 1997 Sport Bow Rider and was happy with it. There is a reason they are less money than a Malibu. But the reason is not important to a lot of people. "interior/carpet not as plush, etc." If you are looking at an 02 or an 03 I think the warranty will be up anyway as I believe it's only for one year.
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-09-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
Have an 04 Cyclone. Love it. Haven't had any trouble with it to know about warranty coverage, but we have not seen or heard any problems on this site yet. If there is a big problem with something like that, you will probably see something about on here. Don't hesitate to get a centurion. Some people will bad mouth them, but I have ridden behind several and this is a nice boat.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-09-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
Ive heard that the centurion hulls are noisy?? Ive only ridden in a malibu vlx and its pretty nice, way quieter than my i/o.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-09-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
The standard Mercruiser warranty is 1 year.
The gauges in Centurions are life time warranty
the hull is limmited life time just like everyone elses
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-09-2004, 9:41 PM Reply   
I have an 03 Elite V and have been very pleased with its performance. Very roomy and puts out a sweet wake. IMO you cant beat these boats for the price. Nada.com is a good source for checking price points.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-09-2004, 10:13 PM Reply   
There are more threads on this topic in the archives than you can shake your booty at.

The Avalanche rides awesome in chop. Quiet, dry and smooth. Wake is fun stock.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-10-2004, 4:48 AM Reply   
Heather, I have an 02 Centurion Hurricane and absolutely love this boat. My next boat will definetly be a Centurion. I had some issues with my old dealer and Centurion totally bent over backwards for me. If you search the archives you will find some negative comments about Centurion, however during that time the company was suffering from growing pains. They have stepped up the plate and have been really putting out some quality boats.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-10-2004, 4:55 AM Reply   
Overall they are a good boat. I had a few problems with mine. I just sold my 02 Avalanche and upgraded to an 04 san.
Toyotafreak I have to disagree with you on the quiet ride of the avalanche. They are not that quiet of a boat. Compared to my san the avalanche is so loud it isnt funny.
The wake is good stock but in order to get a great wake you have to put a lot of weight in it.
The centurion line of boats do have a lot of room in them and they are a good entry boat. If your a hardcore boarder I would look at other companies as well.
Just my $.02.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-10-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
There is a reason that Rode Avalanche seemed loud. In 2002 they did not fill the cavities of the V drives with foam. Starting in 2003 all V drives are foam filled and much quieter. Just one more thing that Centurion has done over the last few years to improve their product

(Message edited by krbaugh on September 10, 2004)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-10-2004, 7:21 AM Reply   
heather swink (blondey)

I would definitely go with 03 or newer the 02 where good boats but in 03 Centurion made several upgrades too all of there boats in construction, carpet vinyl etc.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-10-2004, 11:55 AM Reply   
The Avalanche I've ridden in/behind is an '03 or '04, not sure. It's not a CC, or a Toy for that matter, but it's a nice boat.
Old    sonicr1            09-10-2004, 1:13 PM Reply   
I had an 00 Elite V, Air Warrior (oooooh, sounds scarey, and it was). WE had several problems with ours. Ballast didn't work when we first got it, guages didn't work, fit and finish was mediocre. Had water pump and fuel pump go out the first few weeks we had it. Never had good customer service. The next year, fuel pump went out and tranny went out. After a year, we stopped going to the deeler and went to a regular certified mechanic who showed us stress cracks in the hull running allong the stringers (and I never beached it!!!!).

All in all I think I got a lemon, but the fact the dealer was such a jerk, we bought a MC. I don't think Centurion, overall, is as bad as the experience I have had. I have four separate friends who have one, they all love them and have had no problems... I did love the ride/performance, just got too frustrated.
Old     (hoser325)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-13-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
03 air warior, no problems, very nice wake, very roomy, very solid boat. excellent quality at a fair price.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-13-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
Rhett,what is a fair price for an air warrior? I think the centurions are a good looking ride. Ill b changing boats next year and am looking at the centurion v's. thanx
Old    a747fr8dog            09-15-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
I just got rid of a 2001 Ski Centurion Elite V-Drive Air Warrior and I could NOT be happier. The motor ran great and the boat started every time but the rest of the boat was literally falling apart. I'm talking about all of the trim and convience items, the carpet, the gages, the ballast system, the bilge pumps etc. I am very meticulous when it comes to caring for a boat so this should not be the case. I traded up to an 04' Mastercraft and am very pleased. If you are looking for a boat that will serve you well for the long haul then look for a better quality boat.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-15-2004, 3:23 PM Reply   
In 3 years let us know if you are still as happy.
Old    oshensurfer            09-15-2004, 11:19 PM Reply   
I've got a 2002 Hurricane...couldn't be happier.

(Message edited by oshensurfer on September 15, 2004)
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-16-2004, 7:53 AM Reply   
Scott, nice pic!
Old     (hoser325)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-19-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
Paul, I purchased mine ('03 elite-V w/ air warrior package) new, w/ trailer, ballast, tower, PP, heater, shower, wake plate, bow cover, full cover,racks etc. for 36K. The only thing I've added are tower spks. It's a very solid ride, the wake is huge (even w/o fat sacks), it's very roomy, and has plenty of power. The ride is real smooth. It is my third boat, and I'm deffinately sold on centurions. the warranty and service have been great. good luck!
Old    r3612            09-20-2004, 4:43 PM Reply   
Very very happy with Centurion had an 03 hurricane and now own a 04 Cyclone love their boats very very solid. The wakes are steeper than most. Definately opt for the wakeplate though must have I feel they have one of the better wakes with just factory ballst and no sacs in the market which is nice
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-20-2004, 7:05 PM Reply   
Do not get an 03 02 Avalance i heard they are having alot of problems from the dearler i got our elite v air warr. the 04 is the best year of avalanches they made they havent had as much problems but any ways the mercruises engines are really good CENTURIONS ARE GREAT!!!!!
Old    r3612            09-21-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
meRC DID HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SOME 02/03 ENGINES BUT THEY RETROFITTED SOUTIONS AND HAD RECALLS TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEMS. i HAD ONE OF THESE ENGINES ON MY 03 HURRICANE

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-21-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
True. The same would apply to all boat manufactures and models that use the same engines
Old    r3612            09-21-2004, 10:14 PM Reply   
oH YEAH NO PROBLEMS WITH THE 04 cYCLONE i OWN NOW

Old    grampawakerider            09-22-2004, 9:45 AM Reply   
I'm going up north about an hour away to go look at some Centurions. There is an O4 Elite-V Air Warrior that my wife likes. They also have a sweet Sanger V215. Anyway, I'm leaving to go there in about 15minutes!! CAn't Wait!!!!!!1
Old    grampawakerider            09-22-2004, 5:01 PM Reply   
Well, the 04 was sold, But they had an 05 Elite v that my wife likes too. Has 04 tower, racks, 4 speaker stereo, upgraded motor, perfect pass, tandem trailer, swing away tongue, bimini, single ballast, custom rims for 36,999. My wife wants it. Thoughts anyone? That offer is a limited time offer as they are throwing in the racks and bimini and PP and stereo @ no charge on this boat only and I'm afraid if it's that good of a deal then I should get it.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-22-2004, 5:36 PM Reply   
I wouldn't fall for the "limited time offer" speech..Most likely, the only limiting factor is the sale of the boat to another party, most likely.

Have you checked out the Sangers, Mark?

B-
Old    grampawakerider            09-22-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
I put the limited time inthere as you had pointed out...subject to sell to another party. The same dealer has the Sangers. Neither of the two V-215's they have have a stereo, bimini, or Perfect Pass. One w/ single bag ballast, the other with a three bag system. Prices starting at 39990. At another dealer they had a used Calabria Pro-V. 2001 w/80 hrs. Fully loaded down to perfect pass, heater, shower, top, racks, tower speakers and upgraded motor. Three bag ballast system too. Wanted 34.5k for it. That dealer is also getting in a used 03 Calabria Pro-Air with 5 hrs on it. Fully loaded minus the Perfect Pass. He didn't know the price on it yet though as they are not yet in possession of it. Not that it matters too much, but the color of that one matches my truck perfectly.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-22-2004, 6:13 PM Reply   
Mark that is an exceptional price on that 05!
Old     (screaminsacs)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-23-2004, 9:59 PM Reply   
We love our boat but hated the dealer - bad sale experience we went through, we'd buy another Centurion just not from the same dealor
http://www.screaminsacs.com
03 Centurion Air Warrior (our own graphics)
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-23-2004, 10:31 PM Reply   
which dealer so ill know where to stay away from....
Old     (screaminsacs)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-23-2004, 10:41 PM Reply   
I'm not going to say, as everyone could have a bad day, and some people have poor work ethic It's made us wiser for the next purchase but I will say "get EVERYTHING in writing" if they say they are going to give you something "get it in writing" ask them how long will it take to get something (ie. bimini, boat cover) What i was most unhappy about is the lack of communication. If someone would call me and let me know they haven't forgotten or would give me a loaner until I received my item, that is a good dealer. Follow your gut, I had a bad feeling from the get go on this salesperson, should have trusted that feeling.
Old    oshensurfer            09-24-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
Screamin's from Sacramento. There's only one Centurion dealer in town. Starts with an H. Same experience here but with the service department. I will tell all in a PM. Go down to Stockton and buy from Mossdale. Those guys are pretty good. Cut me a screamin deal a few years ago. The dealer up here really likes that...
Old     (hoser325)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-25-2004, 5:22 PM Reply   
Mark, $36k sounds great. Where's your dealer at...I want a new one @ that price. Also, if the wife likes it, that's a green light in my book:-) Go for it!
Old    grampawakerider            09-25-2004, 10:00 PM Reply   
That deales is Mission RV and Marine in Paso Robles, Ca.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-26-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
I am curious was that a negotiated price or the one that is on the boat?

Was that a Lighning or Air Warrior Version

(Message edited by krbaugh on September 26, 2004)
Old    grampawakerider            09-26-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
The price on the boat was 36,999. But that was without perfect pass, racks, stereo, and bimini. I got them to throw them in. I didn't buy it though. It was an Elite-V. It didn't say Air Warrior on it. It's red.