Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-09-2003, 6:00 PM Reply   
...this boat is the reason the "super" lost it's name.
Is anyone buying this boat?
How does it ride?
How much does it cost?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-09-2003, 6:56 PM Reply   
I saw some video of the 226 wake and it looked horrible, I'll see if I can find a link.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-09-2003, 7:04 PM Reply   
Ok found the link, the wasn't as bad as I remember but watch clip and make up your own mind
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=6419
They were running 1600 pounds of ballast.
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-09-2003, 7:13 PM Reply   
our club president rolled up in one on a demo yesterday. thing is very cool;... the exhaust sounded so nice.. and the interior was very cool. i really dont think its a hardcore wakeboard boat. actually im positive its not. but for a party/cruiser/recreation wakeboard/pimpin girls on the river boat , i give it a 10+

late skydog
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-09-2003, 7:30 PM Reply   
I enjoyed the video minus the small wake.

Yes, I think it is a good rich old man's boat or a son of a rich old man's boat.
Old    boozcruz33            03-10-2003, 4:24 AM Reply   
That was my video (not my boat)... and the wake looks much worse than it really was. We were running about 1600lbs of ballast, but it had space in the lockers for much more if we wanted. The boat is so large, it is very hard to sink.

I don't think this boat will ever replace the Super Air. It is a very nice boat... very spacious and handles awesome for the size, but it is not made for hardcore wakeboarders.

On the other hand, it is a perfect boat for a large family that is interested in more than wakeboarding. You cannot find a boat with the space and comfort of the 226... especially one that handles that well.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-10-2003, 6:02 PM Reply   
isntthat the boat that lost in the comparison to the regal "session" in this months trailer boats magazine???
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-10-2003, 8:10 PM Reply   
Go look at a Regal and then tell us what you think. I saw one at the local boat show and didn't need to spend much time. I think it "won" the comparison because it had all the fancy gizmos. But, actually looking at the boat and you'll get another opinion.

Chris
No Slip Gator Grip

Also for sale:
http://home.surewest.net/cfoye/96sportnautique/96sportnautique.htm
Old    chase            03-11-2003, 4:53 AM Reply   
Actually, if you like a really rampy wake then this wake would probably suit you well. But if you like the SAN vert wake then you won't. The boat was awesome in every other respect, it handled as good if not better than my SAN and I have never had so much room in a boat before! It is certainly worth checking out!